Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Looking for a good book

I love getting lost in a good book.  You know the kind where you dread reading the last page?  It's been awhile since I've read one of those.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Looking for a good book

Thank-you for all of your suggestions!  Since so many mentioned The Hunger Games I decided to start with that one - they're all checked out but I put a copy on hold.  Smiley Happy

@mkupgk - Anne of Green Gables has been my favorites series since I was in 4th grade.  I've got my 10 year-old daughter reading it now!

@dannyc - I'm in that predicament right now with the next book in the Game of Throne series.  I feel like I've been waiting for forever for The Winds of Winter.  At least the new season on HBO just started!

Highlighted

I'm on the 4th book of Game of Thrones and I'm trying to read it slow since I know the 6th and 7th books are going to be a while. I'm SO happy the 3rd season just started because my fiance hasn't read the books yet and I'm dying for him to know what happens in the 3rd book so I can finally talk about it lol.

Hunger Games

Night Circus

Divergent, Insurgent (series)

I can't wait for the 3rd book to of the Divergent series to come out in October!!!!

ME TOO! They are so addictive. I hope someone in Hollywood makes some movies! 

They are making the Divergent movies!! They started filming I think either last month or this month. I'm super excited!! Apparently Kate Winslet will be in it.. so hopefully that means it'll be a quality film!!!!!

wow! this is great news!!! thanks ContentlyKayKay, you just made my day Smiley Happy

Forgot to mention... if you're looking for a lighthearted, easy read, check out Chelsea Handler's books. She's hilarious! 

I have to second the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, and Chelsea Handler books.  Dragon Tattoo was way better than the movie, and it seems the next is better than the one before it...and Chelsea Handler is hilarious.

Divergent series is pretty good if you liked Hunger Games. I read the Matched series since someone recommended it to me but... wasn't too pleased with it. I really enjoyed reading The Glass Castle which is a memoir by Jeannette Walls. I've bought a few John Green books since people keep recommending them to me but I'm finishing Game of Thrones series first.

Conversation Stats