Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

List of Places to Destash - Beauty & Beyond

We all have stashes and need to destash at some point, of beauty and everything else, let's make a reference list of places for selling or trading. 

This isn't a place to add your items for sale, as that's against BIC.

Feel free to review a place, i.e. what brands sell best, easy to use platform, takes long to sell etc. and/or share tips.

BIC threads:

Luxury TSB

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/FALL-MID-HI-END-2019-TSB-BOX/td-p/4993625

The Known:

Spoiler
  • eBay 
  • Poshmark 
  • Mercari
  • Local Groups

Sell:

Spoiler
  • Glambot, selling to them; select beauty brands and categories 
  • Reddit:
    r/makeupexchange
    r/skincareexchange
  • Depop

Trade:

Spoiler
  • Mysubscriptionaddiction, just subscription items

Donate:

Spoiler

Re: List of Places to Destash - Beauty & Beyond

@TrysBeautyItems I've also been able to donate locally to women's shelters, and I know the childrens hospital I work for has overnight respite rooms and shower rooms that they stock with donated toiletries.

I used mercari a lot when it was a beta before the commission kicked in. I have used mercari less frequently after I had an item that I self shipped (much more cost effective!) that I accidentally put in a wrong number in the tracking. Without the option to make it right they marked the item as unable to track/not shipped and cancelled the item based on the assumption that I was trying to fake out tracking rather than the fact that I'm human and missed a number. The whole sale/transaction page option went missing with no way to get paid and the item already sent. It was a big fight with them to get paid, and they made a point that it was a "one time courtesy" to pay me for my item that I proved correct tracking for. I've been very leery to sell there since. 

🙂

Should be more eye-ttractive now 🙂

@TrysBeautyItems I have done TSB boxes the last couple years. Today is the deadline for a feeler on a luxury TSB, but haven't gotten much interest so will probably run another midrange box with lux mixed in. 

@CC3616 Must have missed the thread - found it and added

Project Beauty Share is always in need of new/gently used beauty products. It's a non-profit that helps women in need Heart  their info can be found online but here are some snippets from their site...

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Depop

Another popular place people sell makeup they want to get rid of is on reddit in r/makeupexchange. 

@TrysBeautyItems  I have been using the swap option on the Mysubscriptionaddiction site to trade my excess subscription box items. 

@faeriegirl 

Are swaps on My subscription addiction strictly subscription, my excess isn't from boxes necessarily...From looking at listings, not logged in, there's a tag 'from'- Play, Boxycharm etc  assuming that's a drop down choice, or could I chose/type in the brand or multibrand? 

@TrysBeautyItems  It is supposed to be just subscription box items but I have seen people list things that aren’t and they modify their item description.

Thanks for the info.

@TrysBeautyItems Glambot?

Added

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 31 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2