Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Let's get to know each other more.In a non stalker way

So I was scrolling through the old makeup organization tag. and I saw in the background of kimmi's vanity pictures, there was a poster of dean, a character in a TV show called supernatural. So I was wondering...what else do people on beautytalk like, other then makeup? So go ahead and lets post our 5 to 10 favorite activities, things, movies, TV shows, etc. Here are mine:

1. Pretty little liars! the books and TV show are amazing!

2. Japanese anything! Not being racist, I just think stuff from there is supercool.

3. Animated Japanese flimsy. I love miazaki's flims.

4. Graphic novels/manga! lol, I must seem like such a nerd.

5. Art! I love to draw/paint, and really want a career in art one day.

6. chococat! he's the adorable brown cat from hello kitty's little gang of friends. he's discontinued, but i can still find stuff of his online.

Re: Let's get to know each other more.In a non stalker way

@Charlotte  There's always the chance for a stray to come by, especially since there are still many people out in the world that do no spay or neuter, or at least keep an eye on their unaltered pets.

@dianabt  Birds are really interesting pets!  I like seeing some of the bird videos on YouTube lol.

Wow know more about everyone outside of the makeup world Smiley Happy

I should have also added that I'm a self appointed member of the crazy pet lady club haha. I have two dogs (mini schnauzers), a cat, and a snake. Both my boyfriend and I LOVE animals, my friends joke around that I'm going to be an animal hoarder one day haha.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

@janinebt  I must ask, what kind of snake do you have?  Although I'm kinda afraid of snakes, I'm curious lol.  I have petted one before, but that's about it  lol. 

I love the title of this thread.

1. I originally went to school for Art and decided to switch majors just to have something to fall back on. I switched to Politics and minored in Music. (the combination was a shocker to my advisor as it's so random)

2. I love watching lightning and thunderstorms. There's something about them that's oddly calming to me. I have no clue why.

3. I love cooking and hope to one day open a restaurant. I've been working on healthy alternatives to cultural dishes from Guam and thinking about doing a global fusion menu. *still in the works*

4. I paint and have lately been trying new techniques with different mediums. 

5. I really want to like cats, but my allergies won't allow it. Smiley Sad

6. I rather watch sub-titled films then ones in English so I don't get bored.

Cheers,

Tiffany

Hi dianabt - I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your dog, even though it's over a year it's still so painful. You must be doing something right, giving that Cocker Spaniel 19 wonderful years is a huge accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourself. I'd love to know her name and hear her story. It's great that you're rescuing and re-homing strays. You're kinda like the pied piper, they just gravitate towards you, it's pretty amazing. People always say how intuitive animals are and you/they have proven that.

Holy cow! Your dog was 133 years old! Incredible. I have a Greyhound named Brin, love Greyhounds. It will be 5 years in June since I lost my last Greyhound, Princess Chalupa, I still feel it and it still makes me very, very sad. It happened because of an incident/accident at the vets office, not fun. I Thank God for Brinny, she has really helped me heal.

I hope you get another dog soon. I have a feeling you won't have to go choose/adopt one. Your next dog will no doubt find, choose and adopt you.

Highlighted

@kssweetheart, thank you! My dog was very important to me, a total member of the family. Smiley Happy He is missed constantly but I know he's better off not hurting and being sad all day. I love dogs and once I find a new place to live that will (hopefully!) let me have pets I'll be sure to get a new pet. I still forget and rush home thinking SOMEONE needs to go out for a walk just to realize all my pets are in different (better!) homes. 

Speaking of others interests... who here is playing DRAW SOMETHING?! I am SO addicted to playing it and can't stop! I have a friend who is an artist in real life and I sware, the images she draws are INCREDIBLE.. They put my little stick figures to shame! Anyone who wants to play let me know! I don't have it connected to facebook or anything but my own individual account and can't stop! Cat Very Happy

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Re: Let's get to know each other Moreinfo a non stalker way

@dianabt - isn't it funny the way our pets train us so well, certain behaviors become so ingrained and it's hard to retrain ourselves. It's so weird when you catch yourself doing things like that

Do you ever feel like you still see her (was your dog a her?) out of the corner of your eye or like a shadow somewhere? Like I said, I lost Princey Girl nearly 5 years ago Smiley Sad and just a few weeks ago another family member (who usually isn't very in tuned to things like that) had an experience like that at the same time I did, it was so strange, we both thought we saw something and felt something and without saying a word we just looked at each other and honestly knew....When I picked my jaw up off of the floor I said "did you just feel that?" she said "Princess.....Smiley Surprised?" and we both nodded our heads, with big giant saucer sized eyes. It was bizarre, not bad bizarre though, good bizarre. Chills.

Have you ever experienced anything like that? Has anyone else out there? Just wondering.

I hope you'll let us know when you get a new place and a new addition to your family, hope you'll post a picture of the new addition. I'll say a prayer that you find a nice pet-friendly place and I'm certain the rest will all fall into place. Heart

I haven't heard of Draw Something, can you tell me a little about it?

@dianna - I am also addicted to draw something! I am all about the stick figures too lol I don't know what it is about the game that is so addictive! Let me know if you are up for a game and I'll send you my email so you can search for me :-)

Ahhhh such a great post! And I love that everyone fathoms "My Neighbor Totoro"  because I LOVED that movie growing up, and I still love it Smiley Happy

1. I'm a pediatric nurse and I love it. Also, I get so excited when a kiddo gives me a "gift" ... I've gotten colored pictures, a painted birdhouse and a beaded bracelet. Very sweet that sick kids still want to make others happy Smiley Happy

2. I live for the massage I get once every 2 weeks, it's the best thing ever.

3. I have recently gotten into reading for the first time in forever. I'm about to start The Hunger Games and I am SO EXCITED!!

4. I am a foodie. I love to eat it, cook it, go out to resturants. I will eat (almost) anything once. So glad I'm not picky!

5. HELLO KITTY!! Love love love love love love love! I wish there was a Sanrio here in Louisville!

6. Video Games!! Since I get 4 days off a week regularly, I kill a lot of time in front of the TV. Favorite series is Legend of Zelda.

Fun topic!

@janinebt  I know what you mean about having to constantly do something.  My boyfriend thinks it's impossible for me to sit still.  I'll play on my phone, file my nails, or find something to do lol.

@dianabt  I loved reading your dog story!  I'm sorry to hear about your cocker spaniel, though.  They are such sweet dogs.  He is watching over you, though.

@ssmittys  Yay, video games!!!  lol

Well, here's some info on lil ole me lol.

1.  I'm a first generation college student.  None of my grandparents went to college and my parents didn't either.  They worked a long way to get where they are in factory style work, but they are very supportive of me going to college and wanted that for me.  I'm an English major with a minor in Education so that I can someday teach high school.  However, I do know I have typos on here from where I type fast lol.  Some people I've met on campus may be surprised to hear I'm an English major because of my East TN accent, but I can shut them up by telling them my ACT reading and english scores.  Never judge someone by their local accent.

2.  Like Dianabt, I am a huge animal person!  My family will sometimes call me Ellie May because of my love for animals.  I have my first cat that goes wherever I go, so he lives with me at my off campus apartment.  Perfect roommate lol.  Now, I believe the crazy cat lady has come out lol.

3.  I like riding dirt bikes!!  It's a hobby my dad and I share.  He wanted to start me out on one when I was little, but mom said no and whatnot.  During high school, I got my first dirt bike, and I've been hooked ever since.  It's just a trail bike, so my jumps aren't too high, but I love it!  Mom has already said that she knows I'll have my motorcycle license someday.  She's probably right lol.

4.  My favorite vacation spot is Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  I love the beach, although the waves beat me up lol. 

5.  I mainly listen to country, rock, classic rock, and some pop.  However, I don't like pop mixed with country.  Some favorite singers and bands include Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, The Donnas, and AC/DC.

6.  Other random hobbies I have are videogames, photography, making hemp jewelry, nail art, reading, writing, and anything artsy.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 2012_03_26_18_41_35_963.jpg