Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Less smoking, more makeup, Update 2

Hello all,

I just thought I'd update all of you on my quitting smoking progress.  I'm down to four cigarettes a day, tomorrow I go down to three.  It's been really hard.   Last night for the first time I cheated and had more cigarettes than my allotted four.  I'm trying not to feel too terrible about it.  Today has been comparatively easy though, possibly because I woke up really late and so it's almost eight pm and I still have one more cigarette scheduled for the day (at 9:30) and that has been very comforting this evening which is often the hardest part of the day for me.

Anyway.  Now the stuff you are probably more interested in.  Last week I put $15.25 into the beauty bank.  This week I only smoked a pack and a half so I saved $49.50 and so $24.75 goes into the beauty bank giving me $40.  I'm still not sure what I want to buy.  I am like 90% sure I'm going to get the give me some lip set, but I might also keep saving the money until I'm more sure I want something.  I might save the decision for a time when I'm desperately wanting a smoke and needing something to distract me. [EDIT I went ahead and bought gimme some lip so it didn't go out of stock]

Anyway.  My last day of smoking is projected to be August 30th which means that the next time I update you guys I'll have smoked my last cigarette.

Re: Less smoking, more makeup, Update 2

I hope whatever stressor caused you to smoke a little more yesterday has resolved, and yes, today is a new day, and have faith that tomorrow will go like clockwork! Keep up the awesome work!

definitely pick up the give me some lip before it disappears, Sephora favorites sets tend to disappear quickly! But other that that save up for the big sales that tend to come around in September onward Smiley Wink

The stressor is basically everything in my life right now so it didn't really resolve, but it feels a little more manageable today than it did yesterday.  And hopefully it will tomorrow as well.

I took your advice and got the give me some lip, b/c i definitely don't want it to sell out.

Yeah, life has that effect, lol! Just keep fighting the good fight and let us know how you like all the lip products! 

You're making excellent progress!  Even if there's setbacks, the important thing is to just keep moving forward, which you're already doing.  Smiley Happy

Thank you for your support!

Great update. Congratulations on your continued success. We wish you continued success. Be sure to be easy on yourself. It is okay to have a less than ideal day now and then.

Make sure to not buy up all the inventory with all that extra disposable income you are getting. - save some for me Smiley Happy

Thank you so much for your support.

And I will definitely buy up all the inventory, none for you lol!

Congrats on your progress so far. You're almost there and you're going to love the give me some lip set. It's amazing and  a great mix of brands

Thank you for the support, and yes, I'm very excited for the give me some lip set!

Glad you are making such great progress! Keep it up!

Thank you, I will!

i heard that sucking on Altoids help reduce cravings?  wouldn't hurt to try. Smiley Wink  good luck

Ooh Altoids!  That's a great thought.  Thank you.

WHOOHOO!!! Go Meg!!!!

I really look forward to hearing your progress!

I can't say how proud of you I am for keeping this up and for making a real, solid commitment to quitting. This is a test of discipline and believe me, it doesn't seem like you're lacking in that department at all! I hope you're keeping these threads of yours bookmarked so down the line or in a moment of temptation to grab a cigarette you can read how far you've come and all the people here who are cheering you on!

The Give Me Some Lip set would be an excellent purchase, various goodies to try and like I said last time, it's hard to want to take a smoke when you've spend good money on some killer lip product because YOU want to be wearing the shade, NOT your cigarette.

Keep it up and by all means GO, MEG, GO!!!!!

Thank you, Lylysa!  I really appreciate the support.

I think I have the discipline to do this, or at least the stubbornness.  And I am keeping all these threads open in tabs and I read them all the time lol.

Lip product is definitely a great motivation to stay smoke free, though I will be losing one of my best tests of the wear of a lip product.  (for instance did you know that YSL glossy stain will stay on through 2 cigarettes?)  Though super long wear probably won't be such a huge concern when I'm not trying to make sure to find colors that last through cigarettes.  It will be nice not to have to be constantly on the lookout for lipsticks that last through cigarettes and just be able to look for lipsticks that look cute.

Thank you for the support.  I really appreciate it and you.

You go girl! You are rocking this!

Thank you my dear!

You've been doing SO well, one setback doesn't erase how far you've already come! Congrats on your first reward purchase, you've earned it, and you're already almost to triple digits in money you haven't spent on cigarettes! It will add up fast, before too long I'm sure you will be able to say you saved more than a month's rent or mortgage payment worth of money that would have just gone up in smoke. Keep it up!

Thank you, thank you.  I really appreciate your support.

Great job so far! You're doing awesome! Just remember, lip products are WAY better than cigarettes! Keep up the good work!

48 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • fireworks.jpg