Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Kat Von D

I will never buy Kat Von D because of the nasty and illegal way she handled a recent Kansas makeup artist who won a sweepstakes to fly out to meet with Von D.  Kat Von D revoked the winner's eligibility because someone on Von D's team found the winner had posted a pro Trump Instagram during the campaign.  IT'S ILLEGAL TO TIE POLITICAL OPINIONS, PRODUCT PURCHASES, RELIGION OR ANYTHING ELSE TO WINNING A SWEEPS.   Von D said she drew a line in the sand that anyone who supports Trump she will not work with.  How said for someone who needs to sell products.  It's none of her business how people vote.  But I will be telling friends and family that if Von D doesn't respect America's Democratic elections, then we should not buy her products.  Von D's company should make amends to the winner....bigley.

Re: Kat Von D

Something to consider, her reputation... I think she ought to work on that to earn consumer trust. 

lol it's not illegal. she had her right, I applaud her st...

lol it's not illegal. she had her right, I applaud her statement as well. can't wait to see what holiday sets she puts out thos year.

I'm not a Trump supporter but Kat Von D calling anyone ou...

I'm not a Trump supporter but Kat Von D calling anyone out for ridiculous personal beliefs is hilarious.

I saw the story, I feel bad for the contestant. She was afraid to go after she was exposed for being a Trump supporter. I felt really bad for her, because everyone is being divided over this and it's not right. We are all entitled to our opinions and to choose what we think is right. Sometimes it may be wrong, sometimes it's right, but everyone needs to respect people's choices and not hold it against them or be exposed like a bad a person. Why bother bring it up too though? I would understand if she was a rapist or pedophile or something super bad but all she did was vote.

Anyway just saying. 😕

Side note:

Sometimes I love KVD but other times she makes me feel like shit or a I am not worthy for eating meat. Like I want to be liked by her but I feel she would dismiss me asap if she knew I ate meat. Like I am immediately a horrible person. I dunno just my opinion. I get that vibe from her posts. And I stopped unfollowing her but yes I still buy her make up because I love it and I think she is amazing for not eating meat and what she does for animals.

But back to the girl and everyone in general.

It really just scares you as a hole to open up on your own beliefs because of the fact you'll lose friends or be labeled a bad person. It is just better to stay quiet it, it seems like. 😕

To add I have several friends on both sides of the parties. (trump/Hillary) It was like watching the Packers vs the Bears, but worse O.o

I was seriously scared.............

RE: Kat Von D

Kat Von D can do as she pleases....last I checked it's her company. Seems to me it's more like you're upset that it went against your political beliefs. To which I would challenge you if a right winged makeup company did the same thing to a leftist contest winner? Not hating, just curious. I don't wear KVD only because I have other faves...but, I'll never not wear someone's brand because of a silly contest dispute.
Anonymous Insider

The way I view is if, the makeup is good quality. Then I...

The way I view is if, the makeup is good quality. Then I don't give a crap what they do in their day-to-day life.

Thanks for letting me know! I had no idea. She had no right to do that. So unprofessional and childish. Shame on her.

Thanks for the info I support her even more now! Fuck Trump and his supporters! 

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard about that story when it happened in July but looked it up after reading your post. Not cool at all. Was a big fan of her cosmetics before although I haven't been impressed lately. There are so many other brands out there that will get my money instead since I won't purchase hers any longer.

Except the contest winner wasn't disqualified.

Kat Von D contacted the winner after discovering the Instagram post in question, to express how her views conflicted heavily with the winners and that on a personal level, she felt it would be difficult to associate with anyone that supported Trump and his views. Basically, that she did not want to interact with the winner on a personal level. Just as people will rally behind the winner's right to have their political views, Kat Von D has the same right to choose who she associates with. The prize was to attend the launch party. Which the winner could have done, but chose not to. That was their choice.

too long didn't read lol

but you could waste you time that post.... interesting

but you could waste you time that post.... interesting

I generally like KVD, but if this is true, then it isn't cool. One opinion/belief does not define a person's identity. To judge them and treat them poorly based on one thing (which could have even been an assumed conclusion) is wrong. Obviously I don't know the full story, but I am against discrimination (particularly if it's simply over a difference of opinion). You don't get to treat someone unfairly simply because they don't share your view. If that's what Kat did, then she needs to grow up.

That got deep fast
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 100 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
testing