Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

It's Friday already!!! questions

we made it to the end of the week! hooray!

1. What was the best thing that happened to you this week?

2. If you were competing in a beauty pageant, what would you choose for your "special talent"?

3. Do you ever hear song lyrics as saying something slightly different than the actual written lyrics, and if so what is your funniest misheard lyrics moment?

4. What's the most embarrassing thing that happened while on a date?

5. Favorite type of jeans? (skinny, flared, bootcut etc)

1. Best thing that happened to me this week was getting invited to a friend's house for Christmas.

2. My "special talent" would be something offbeat like picking up a variety of objects with my toes!

3. I have this happen with part of the chorus of Blinded by the Light (by Bruce Springsteen), I can't not hear "revved up like a d o u c h e" instead of the actual lyric, "revved up like a deuce". Smiley Very Happy

4. I once went on a date with a friend of a friend, who kept trying to make every conversation about 1990's nickelodeon cartoons, he was very loud about it too so other people in the restaurant were starting at us! It's okay to like cartoons when you're an adult but like... have some other interests please and don't dominate the conversation. At least I got a free meal out of that one.

5. skinny jeans, low-ish waist. I can see clothing manufacturers trying to bring back flared leg jeans but they can pry my skinny jeans from my cold dead hands because I am never going back! Smiley Wink

Re: It's Friday already!!! questions

Yeah!  It's nice to find a fellow Arkansan on BT!  I live however in LA (Lower Arkansas). 

1. It just happened, finally bit the bullet and bought a big ol' bottle of Jo Malone Vetyver Cologne Smiley Happy

2. Let's see, I'd probably recite some Emily Dickinson poetry and explain all the subversive innuendoes... Her low gates indeed.

3. Nope, I am that annoying friend that corrects you when you sing stuff wrong  Smiley Tongue

4. Maybe the time a guy paid for our first date using a coupon? I don't care that he used a coupon but for the love of Pete, be discrete about it and don't haggle with the server and then talk badly about the poor guy in front of the girl you are trying to show your gallant side to.

5. I don't wear jeans, I never found a cut I liked.

My spouse loaded the dishwasher twice. Smiley Tongue 

2. If you were competing in a beauty pageant, what would you choose for your "special talent"?

I don't know that I have a performance based talent that could be done alone, plus I have terrible stage fright. 

3. Do you ever hear song lyrics as saying something slightly different than the actual written lyrics, and if so what is your funniest misheard lyrics moment?

Mondegreens. My funniest one is only funny to people very familiar with the personal lives of late-80s to mid-90s post-punk musicians. (If you're curious: instead of "Empire down" in Lucretia, My Reflection, I heard "Vampire down." Around the time that Eldritch was fighting for Patricia's attention that was all going to Dave. And we all know who won that one.) 

So not answering this - it's sex-related (and it was my now-husband, so I got over it.) 

I don't wear pants pretty much ever because I'm so hard to please. I'll tailor them if I can find them but I hate making pants, so I don't. I want truly high-waisted, fitted, all-cotton, skinny jeans in black. Everything is low-rise these days and stuff that's high waisted tends to be bootcut or flared or baggy in the butt in a way that can't be fixed by tailoring. 

I planned a trip to visit my boyfriend for a few days (we're in a long-distance relationship.) I am so excited!

Probably singing. I know that sounds clichéd, but that is probably what I do best in the talent department.

Oh my gosh, so many times! I cannot think of one right now, but I have certainly heard some weird things! Haha.

I remember a date having to tell me I had toilet paper stuck to my shoe once. Needless to say, I was pretty embarrassed.

For me, it's a tie between skinnies and a really fitted bootcut jean that I can wear with booties or pumps. I love both! 

1.  I got to spend the week with my husband!  The last couple of years he was on call on Christmas Eve then slept Christmas day.  This time he has the week off!

2.  Can I give a chemistry lecture?  

3.  ummm, I mess up the words to most songs.

4.  We weren't on a date, but I'd been with my husband, then boyfriend for only a few weeks when we were at a bar with several friends and a few professors.  This was when we were undergrads.  One of the profs asked, "hey, we're you just dating that guy Matt a while ago?"  Yes, but we don't need to talk about that!  

5.  Skinny jeans, though I do enjoy my bootcut jeans as well.

Conversation Stats