Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

It's Friday already!!! questions

we made it to the end of the week! hooray!

1. What was the best thing that happened to you this week?

2. If you were competing in a beauty pageant, what would you choose for your "special talent"?

3. Do you ever hear song lyrics as saying something slightly different than the actual written lyrics, and if so what is your funniest misheard lyrics moment?

4. What's the most embarrassing thing that happened while on a date?

5. Favorite type of jeans? (skinny, flared, bootcut etc)

1. Best thing that happened to me this week was getting invited to a friend's house for Christmas.

2. My "special talent" would be something offbeat like picking up a variety of objects with my toes!

3. I have this happen with part of the chorus of Blinded by the Light (by Bruce Springsteen), I can't not hear "revved up like a d o u c h e" instead of the actual lyric, "revved up like a deuce". Smiley Very Happy

4. I once went on a date with a friend of a friend, who kept trying to make every conversation about 1990's nickelodeon cartoons, he was very loud about it too so other people in the restaurant were starting at us! It's okay to like cartoons when you're an adult but like... have some other interests please and don't dominate the conversation. At least I got a free meal out of that one.

5. skinny jeans, low-ish waist. I can see clothing manufacturers trying to bring back flared leg jeans but they can pry my skinny jeans from my cold dead hands because I am never going back! Smiley Wink

Re: It's Friday already!!! questions

First, yay for questions! Second, this week wasn't one I was super excited to get to the end of, Monday through Thursday was pretty awesome!

Having Christmas with my mom and husband! And Skyping with my sister's family and my sweet nieces! (Going to Cavalia's Odysseo was pretty special too)

2. If you were competing in a beauty pageant, what would you choose for your "special talent"?

If I was wanting to do an awkward talent, I have a bunch of tongue tricks up my sleeve (or, like spacesuit I am really good at picking up things with my toes, if we were in the same pageant I'd let you have that one). Otherwise, probably something terribly boring like spelling or telling people what fonts are used on random signs and objects.

3. Do you ever hear song lyrics as saying something slightly different than the actual written lyrics, and if so what is your funniest misheard lyrics moment? 

I have definitely had moments, none that come to mind right now though.

My first date with my husband I decided to wear my new Birkenstocks for the first time. If you've ever worn Birks you know that they have a brutal breaking in period. Well, we hiked around town on foot for hours. We went back to his place and my feet were a bleeding, blistery mess that I tried to hide from him to no avail.

Bootcut... I think... I can't think of what mine are. 

1. I have severe back scoliosis and I found out I got accepted to Shriners Hospital so I can finally feel beautiful and not be in so much pain anymore. I have my pre surgery appt. on Feb. 24th, 2013!! its like a birthday present because my birthday is on Feb. 22nd!! <3

2. I would choose to play my Alto Saxophone. I already have 2 $10,000 scholarships and I am 16 years old. I got to travel to Czech Republic of Prague for two weeks as I was the only american there and I got 1st chair in jazz, and 1st chair in concert.

3. not really I just listen to Jazz, Hip-Hop, Rap, etc. lol

4. I have not really been on an actual date

5. Skinny Jeans with my favorite pair of heels, because I am so short lol( 4ft. 9in.)

that's wonderful that you're getting help from shriners!  hope all goes well for you!

Congrats on the news, best of luck with your surgery! 💜 

Getting a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas.  So far I'm in love with it.

I don't think I have any special talents.  I'll just bribe everyone with baked goods.  I love to bake.

The song Royals by Lorde when she sings, "You can call me Queen Bee."  My 7 year-old thought it said, "You can call me Green Bean."

It wasn't on a date but once I slipped on a strawberry in the lunch room in high school.  My tray went flying and I landed on my butt.

I like bootcut and skinny equally well - just as long as it doesn't gape in the waist like most jeans do on me!

Jeans, dress pants, and shorts are so annoying to find!  I always have to wear a belt because of the gap in the back.  It's so annoying!!!  

That must be so tough having an hourglass shape!  Oh, the cross you bare!  Smiley Tongue  (Seriously, I carry all my weight in the middle so jeans that fit my waist are usually too big everywhere else.  I can only wear low-rise jeans because of this.)

I have an excellent tutorial pinned on my Pinterest board that explains step by step how to tailor out the gap in the back (I've been using the method since before the post I pinned but it's a really helpful explanation) - sometimes I really wish BT allowed links (but I understand why not!) 

Highlighted

I haven't filled out one of these in forever.

Getting to see my great uncle.  He has been very sick the past year, but he has been feeling a lot better lately.

That I can kick a guy's butt at Rock Band videogames.  Well, at least Lanndan and his friends lol.

I have, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

I can't think of anything embarrassing from a date.  Lanndan and I have been together for almost four years, so we've been in the joking around with each other stage for quite some time lol.

Bootcut.  I don't wear skinny jeans or jeggings.  

Conversation Stats