Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

(Holiday) Recipes Exchange

For all the cooks and bakers out there, what is your go-to holiday recipe(s)? I'm looking to try and make some new dishes this year and would love some inspirations. 

Mine is banana pudding, it's not "holiday" per se but I usually only make it for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, so it is for me. LOL.

8oz cream cheese - beat in mixer until smooth 

14oz condensed milk - add to cream cheese and continue beating

1 small box of instant vanilla pudding - add to mixture 

1 small box of instant banana pudding - add to mixture and continue beating

3 cups cold milk - slowly add in to mixture while mixer is on

1 teaspoon vanilla extract - add to mixture and continue beating until completely smooth

4oz of Cool Whip - fold into mixture

4 medium bananas - sliced 

1 box of Nilla Wafers - line the bottom of baking dish with the wafers, then a layer of bananas, then a layer of the pudding mixture, repeat the layers until you're out of ingredients, top with another 4oz of Cool Whip, cover and chill for at least 3-4 hrs. 

Re: (Holiday) Recipes Exchange

Definitely give it a try @blackkitty2014! It’s made making tiramisu easier, which I’m not so sure is a good thing as I have little to no self control. 😂 

Omg @itsfi the only reason I rarely buy Tiramisu because I don’t want to eat the whole thing. 😘😂🤣

Hahaha @blackkitty2014! I would want to eat the whole thing, but I would know that I shouldn’t. 😝 At least not in one sitting. 🤣

@itsfi I have never tried making Tiramisu but your recipe looks very easy to follow. I am going to try it during winter break and if I succeed , will share the results !!!

Yaaay!! It's fun to try new recipes. You'll do an amazing job @fatimamummy!

I always assumed tiramisu would be difficult so I’ve never tried to make it. That recipe looks easy enough for me @itsfi !

Me too @faeriegirl! And then I found this recipe and wow, game changer! Do give it a try!

Thanks @itsfi I'm beginning to get into coffee so this may be something I try and make for myself first...you know, for quality control 😉

Quality control is a must @AznAngelLiz! It’s good of you to volunteer yourself for that role. 😆 I don’t know if you like coffee liqueur but adding it to the recipe (optional of course) does enhance the coffee flavor.

@AznAngelLiz I follow Eating Bird Food on IG. She has some good ones on there. 

@AznAngelLiz  If you are a fan of cheesecake this is my favorite recipe from BHG. After it cools I like to put it in the freezer for a few hours so it will get super cold and I take it out about an hour or 2 before we are ready to eat.

New York-Style Cheesecake
By BHG Test Kitchen | Published on June 14, 2011
Prep Time: 30 mins Chill Time: 4 hrs
Cool Time: 2 hrs
Bake Time: 35 mins Total Time: 7 hrs 5 mins
Ingredients
1 1⁄2 cup finely crushed graham crackers 
1 tablespoon sugar
1⁄2 cup butter, melted
3   8 ounce package cream cheese, softened

1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄4 cup milk
3 eggs, slightly beaten

Directions
Step 1
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
For crust, in a bowl combine crushed graham crackers and the 1 tablespoon sugar,

Stir in melted butter. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of an 8− or 9−inch springform pan; set aside.
Step 2
For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 1 cup sugar, the flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs.

Step 3
Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place the pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes for the 8−inch pan, 35 to 40 minutes for the 9−inch pan, or until a 2−1/2−inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken.
Step 4
Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen the crust from sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. Makes 12 slices.

@faeriegirl I am (not so successfully) trying to loose weight and this thread is dangerous for me 😁 but here I am reading through recipes and making a mental list for next grocery shopping.

Ohhh that sounds pretty simple and I love me a good cheesecake. Thanks @faeriegirl 

Conversation Stats
  • 54 replies
  • 112 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos8
  • Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 23-07-35 The BEST Christmas Cookie Bars - Crazy for Crust.png
  • Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 23-11-12 3-Ingredient Buttery Shortbread Cookies.png
  • 9F383A25-1FAF-44CC-A46C-4756CD672790.jpeg
  • 66D80E10-EAC3-48CC-9BF6-8FCC7649F902.jpeg
  • makeitup305_0-1702430454975.png
  • makeitup305_1-1702431073045.png
  • makeitup305_2-1702431350544.png
  • IMG_2189.jpeg
testing