Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

(Holiday) Recipes Exchange

For all the cooks and bakers out there, what is your go-to holiday recipe(s)? I'm looking to try and make some new dishes this year and would love some inspirations. 

Mine is banana pudding, it's not "holiday" per se but I usually only make it for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, so it is for me. LOL.

8oz cream cheese - beat in mixer until smooth 

14oz condensed milk - add to cream cheese and continue beating

1 small box of instant vanilla pudding - add to mixture 

1 small box of instant banana pudding - add to mixture and continue beating

3 cups cold milk - slowly add in to mixture while mixer is on

1 teaspoon vanilla extract - add to mixture and continue beating until completely smooth

4oz of Cool Whip - fold into mixture

4 medium bananas - sliced 

1 box of Nilla Wafers - line the bottom of baking dish with the wafers, then a layer of bananas, then a layer of the pudding mixture, repeat the layers until you're out of ingredients, top with another 4oz of Cool Whip, cover and chill for at least 3-4 hrs. 

Re: (Holiday) Recipes Exchange

@blackkitty2014 I used to think banana pudding was a Southern thing but I've come to find it's pretty well liked everywhere. 

Fun idea @AznAngelLiz!

I’m not much of a baker, I prefer cooking. One of my favourite holiday recipes is Gordon Ramsay’s slow roasted pork belly. The recipe is easy to find on google. It comes out so soft and tender and perfect as an additional protein or even replace the turkey as the main.

@JoSometimes I'm going to have to look that up. I have some in my freezer that needs to get used.

I’d love to hear how it goes if you do try it @makeitup305!

Oooooh you had me at pork belly @JoSometimes I'll have to look it up and give it a try. 

It is sooo good @AznAngelLiz! It’s a very slow cook, so I don’t make it very often. 

These two recipes were first-timers for Christmas baking last year. Both were very good!

Christmas Cookie Bars- from Crazy for Crust.

The one caveat with this recipe is to make sure that you don't overbake them.  Think of keeping them a bit gooey; they harden up well once cooled, especially if you put sprinkles in the dough before baking (and you should.) 🙂

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 23-07-35 The BEST Christmas Cookie Bars - Crazy for Crust.png

3-Ingredient Buttery Shortbread Cookie- from Chew Out Loud.

I can't remember if I used salted or unsalted butter, but I added some Morton kosher salt for more taste.

The nonpareil sprinkles really add a lot to the texture and appearance.  Probably the only recipe I like using those tiny little things in.  The get stuck in my teeth crevices.

I used mini cutters to make small cookies- they were so cute!

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 23-11-12 3-Ingredient Buttery Shortbread Cookies.png

Delicious and festive @Ispend2much6 !

@makeitup305  Thank you!

They both look very delicious 

Thank you @fatimamummy .  They are very easy to make, which adds to their deliciousness. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 Shortbread cookies take me back to my childhood. My mom used to bake them at Christmas time. The recipe was from a newspaper and stuffed away in a binder that only ever came out around the holidays. I was only allowed to eat a few a day or else they wouldn’t last until Christmas… 😅

Those cookie bars look so delicious too! I could devour an entire pan!

@JoSometimes  Those are great memories to have. I have a similar collection.

Traditions are important!

I love a simple recipe, that 3 ingredients shortbread cookies seems up my alley @Ispend2much6 I'll let you know how it turns out 🙂

@AznAngelLiz  Please do! How can you go wrong with butter and sugar?

These look beautiful @Ispend2much6 . I might have to do the cookies bar 😘

@blackkitty2014  They are so good!

@AznAngelLiz  Cute idea!!

@AznAngelLiz, I haven't had dessert duty for the holidays in a while, but an easy "go to" dessert that I make when I have time is tiramisu. The recipe below is from tastesbetterfromscratch (dot) com - search for "Easy Tiramisu"

Author: Lauren Allen

Equipment

• 8x8 dish
  • Hand mixer

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
    • 8 ounce container mascarpone cheese ,room temperature
    • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 1/2 cups cold espresso
    • 3 Tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur ,optional (Kahlua or DaVinci brands)
    • 1 package Lady Fingers ,Savoiardi brand can be found in the cookie aisle at your local grocery store, or online
    • Cocoa powder for dusting the top

Instructions

• Add whipping cream to a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed with electric mixers (or use a stand mixer). Slowly add sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks. Add mascarpone cheese and fold in until combined. Set aside.
  • Add coffee and liqueur to a shallow bowl. Dip the lady fingers in the coffee (Don't soak them--just quickly dip them on both sides to get them wet) and lay them in a single layer on the bottom of an 8x8'' or similar size pan. 
  • Smooth half of the mascarpone mixture over the top. Add another layer of dipped lady fingers. Smooth remaining mascarpone cream over the top.
  • Dust cocoa powder generously over the top (I use a fine mesh strainer to do this). Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or up to overnight before serving.

Notes

Alcohol: Tiramisu can be made with or without alcohol. This recipe calls for coffee flavored liqueur because I like that it enhances the coffee flavor, but other options are marsala wine or brandy.  

Make Ahead Instructions: Tiramisu is even better when made in advance, allowing the flavors to blend! It will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.

Freezing Instructions: Make completely, but don't dust with cocoa powder. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and then tinfoil and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and dust with cocoa powder a few hours before serving.  

Nutrition

Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 124mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 618IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg

@itsfi I love Tiramisu. It's so good! mmmm.....

I will need to try this recipe out @itsfi . I love Tiramisu 🥰❤️

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 54 replies
  • 112 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos8
  • Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 23-07-35 The BEST Christmas Cookie Bars - Crazy for Crust.png
  • Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 23-11-12 3-Ingredient Buttery Shortbread Cookies.png
  • 9F383A25-1FAF-44CC-A46C-4756CD672790.jpeg
  • 66D80E10-EAC3-48CC-9BF6-8FCC7649F902.jpeg
  • makeitup305_0-1702430454975.png
  • makeitup305_1-1702431073045.png
  • makeitup305_2-1702431350544.png
  • IMG_2189.jpeg
testing