Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Healthy, Yummy, Dieting Recipies

i started a diet this past week! i'm really trying to dedicate myself to this! 

so do any of you girls have any recipies that are healthy, or at least somewhat healthy that you've tried?

thank you in advance for your help 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Re: Healthy, Yummy, Dieting Recipies

I agree with this 100%. You don't have to diet just eat smaller portions and control your intake. I've done it this way for a long time and I've been able to stay around 115 forever,but given I run in order to be healthy as well.

I don't really like to follow recipes, just try to make healthier choices. Lots of quinoa, spinach, veggies, chicken breast, whole grains, hummus... 

The key is to really read labels & nutritional value. Just because something is labeled "low fat" or "fat free" does not mean it's good for you, most of the time they are high in sugar & salt.

I like to make my own sauces and dressings. White wine, olive oil & herbs go a long way in my kitchen. 

Just because you're changing your eating habits doesn't mean you need to deprive yourself. I love making tacos out of shredded chicken breast, whole grain taco shells or wraps & homemade taco seasoning. 

I don't like fish, but we try to do "Meatless Monday" every week with veggies. There's so much out there on the internet. Start adding food blogs to your RSS feed and save recipes you like. I used to use evernote for recipe savings, and now they have a program/app just for recipes. 

i havent tried Quinoa yet, my friend is a vegetarian and she bascially lives off it.

Anonymous Insider

Mmm I love spaghetti squash!!

It's all in how you prepare it. I like to toast mine a bit first like you would risotto or orzo, then add a bit of homemade chick broth, a splash of white wine & water. Then season it & add veggies to your liking. Easy way to dress up spinach is to make some quinoa and add some hand fulls of spinach when it's almost done cooking. 

Oh & be sure to buy the pre-rinsed kind. It's a bit more expensive, but rinsing it is such a pain. 

i really need to try that! Thank you it sounds really good, i get everything from like a farmers market or whole foods now so i'm sure they'll have all that stuff, the scariest part about dieting is learning what is like REALLY in the things you eat without even knowing!

Try eating vegan, at least a couple of days a week. I eat vegan and find that I'm eating much more quantity-wise than when I ate meat, so I'm never hungry. 

You can check out healthy nutritious options at Dr. Fuhrman's website, just Google his name. He advocates the Nutritarian system where you don't eat animal products and cut back the fat in your diet. I feel much better than I have in years and shed my excess weight effortlessly. 

Don't forget the healthy fats from coconut oil, nuts, avocado. Your brain is mainly fat so you need fat daily! Coconut Oil will actually improve your metabolism and has anti-viral benefits.

Also protein...I'm 100% in agreement with Perricone's sentiments that a day without protein is a day we age! Luckily for vegans and vegetarians, besides the obvious options, spirulina and dark leafy greens are protein-rich!

Not that I'm skinny or want to be, but these are probably the most important parts of my "diet".

I forgot to mention that fat is essential for healthy skin!

Another side note is that some oils oxidize when heated, creating trans fats (fun!). Olive Oil is an example, this should be eaten without being heated. Vegetable oils oxidize with heat also. Coconut oil does not!

Anonymous Insider

Spiked Fall Cider

2 cups apple cider
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup peach schnapps
1/4 cup triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg

Pour the apple cider, orange juice, schnapps, triple sec, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes. Serve hot.

Anonymous Insider

Hi annonymous1,

I love eating healthy. Some of my favorite treats are hearty salads, grilled kabobs, fresh guacamole, and veggie tacos. I'm a vegetarian so fruits and veggies play a vital role in my daily diet. Using things like fresh corn, avocado, apples (apples are amazing in stir fry), sweet onions, turnips, beets, kale, and spinach are fantastic to use when cooking.

i would have never thought to use apples! thank you!

Skinnytaste.com has some of my favorite recipies!

What kind of things do you like or dislike?  Are you trying to stay away from specific types of food (carbs, meat, dairy, etc) ?

I love to cook. Give me some more details and maybe I can suggest something for you!

i really like anything, i love fruits & veggies so dieting isent that hard but i'm sick of eating it the same way everyday you know? 

the only thing i don't like is shrimp 😛 i'm eating mostly protien because i'm only allowed one real meal of the day

Do you like kale?  I love the stuff. I sautee it with garlic and white wine and serve it over whole wheat pasta. It is simple and delicious and doesn't take very long to prepare.

Spaghetti squash is also fun, especially if you are trying to minimize how much pasta you are eating.  You can roast them whole, and then cut them in half and serve them however you like- stuffed with beans and other veggies, with sauce... YUM! swfupload_4137004933506922205.jpg

Oh my! that looks amazingly delicious. I always love going to Pinterest to find new healthier recipes : )

squash and zuchinni are great options....same goes for other veggies. I always to try to incorporate more veggies in my meals, the key is finding which one you like and try to make it in different ways. 

Omg that looks delicious! I've never tried kale but i'm not picky 😛 i'll need to pick some up today, thank you 🙂

I've been eating alot of zucchini lately, i found a recipe for baked zucchini chips, you slice them and then just put Parmesan cheese on them and let them bake, and i think its like 120 calories for 8 of them!

You can also eat kale raw in a salad with your favorite salad stuff.  It is very healthy for you.  I love all types of squash and I'm excited for fall squash season to begin! I also love acorn squash which are easy to prepare and delicious-  simply cut it in half, dig out the seeds with a spoon, and place it on a pan in the oven.  Roast at 400 degrees for about a half hour, or until fork tender.

Hm i need to try that, i had no idea they had so many i only know the regular one lol thank you!

I like Kimberly sniders the beauty detox recipes. Not sure what your are including or excluding in your meals but she has some good ones. 

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • swfupload_4137004933506922205.jpg
  • swfupload_5326394180120306644.jpg
testing