Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Healthy Choices this Summer

Hey BTers

I hope this is an okay post to make.  I know in the random question threads a couple of people have talked about the kinds of things they do to be healthy with what they eat and their lifestyles etc and I thought it might be nice to have a thread about what we do to keep ourselves healthy and beautiful.

So, in this thread celebrate your healthy choices!

I have two I want to celebrate 1) I've started to eat a really high protein diet that my Dr. has been bugging me about for years and 2) I am quitting smoking.  I'm doing a long slow taper (cold turkey and I are not friends) so it will take some time, but I know I can do it.

What are you doing to be healthy?

Re: Healthy Choices this Summer

I feel so much better when I eat high quality food and keep my body in tip top shape. I'm a vegetarian so I tend to eat mostly fruits, veggies, and yummy vegetarian snacks (like buffalo wings and sausages).

Kale has been my recent addiction. It's so much better for you than lettuce and I find that it's way more filling.

Beverage wise, I've been reaching for lemon water and coconut water. I often have a problem in not staying hydrating so in an effort to drink quench my thirst I've been reaching for these two. If I'm really in the mood to jazz up my water I'll add mint leaves, strawberries, lime, and lemons to my water. Chill that over night for a refreshing morning beverage SO delicious.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Highlighted

I am not usually a big fan of cucumber, but some water with cucumber slices is SO refreshing! I think I will have to try your mint/strawberry/citrus infused water, it sounds so good!

I mentioned in a previous thread that my husband and I have done a couple of fasts for spiritual reasons.  We limited ourselves to whole grains, fruits, and vegetables and natural juices and water.  During our fast, we eliminated meats, fish, processed foods, sugars, artificial sweeteners, breads, dairy, white flour, desserts, and other treats.  It's extremely difficult going back to the way I used to eat, which is a good thing.  

I love organic foods, including fruits and vegetables.  Breakfast typically consists of steel-cut oatmeal with raisins and/or granola.  Lunch might consist of salads, and vegetarian based meals.  Snacks might be fruit, organic popcorn or yogurt.  We have fish twice a week (or try to) with no more than 3 oz. of chicken.  Lots of water and organic fruit juices are also a part of my diet.  If I happen to have dessert, it's usually fruit or some kind of fruit-based tart.  It's been easy to do because there are two organic restaurants within walking distance of my job, and there is an organic grocery store in my neighborhood.  Admittedly, we've had a couple of cheat days so that we don't feel too deprived.

I still exercise at least 3 to 5 days a week, including aerobics, running, and weight training.  I switch it up so that I don't get bored.

watching my calorie intake,  exercising, and keeping my energy positive.

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 48 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors