Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

That's so scary @Samtian I sure hope you don't get it

@Samtian I wish you every single best that you would recover from whatever it is and you won’t got Covid. It is scary and stressful. Hang in there ❤️🌹

Hope that everything turns out okay for both you and your coworkers @Samtian .

@Samtian  Oh no. I really hope you don’t get it. And hopefully your co workers are good too. 

@Samtian 

I had a scare and had to get tested and quarantine (more like self isolate as I was already in quarantine) while I waited for my results. As I exhibited no symptoms after receiving my negative test, which took 2 days - I no longer was mandated to quarantine as it was no direct contact but “third party”. It wasn’t awful getting the test at all like people make it out to be, I honestly was like, is that it? However it was scary waiting and I mentally convinced myself I couldn’t breathe or smell things. I’m sorry you are worried about finances, you are right though, it’s better to not risk spreading to others. I wish you health friend. 

@GG84 Glad yours came back negative! Thank you!

I talked (via FaceTime) with my Mom today, who just learned she has some heart issues which have been causing her shortness of breath. She is wearing a heart monitor and has other tests scheduled. She saw her Dr. after running a series of errands. My daughter showed her the masks I made and offered to send her some. But she doesn’t really wear them, she said. What is so difficult is that I know she has compromised lungs due to past pneumonia illness.

It is so difficult to put into words what I am feeling. I just wish everyone would do this (wear a mask) for the others in their lives, and themselves.

Sometimes I feel glad that my mom did not live long enough to experience the pandemic @eshoe. Growing up my mom was considered the “cool” mom. Sometimes I felt like my friends just wanted to see my mom when they came to my house. As mom got towards the end of her life , I felt like I was dealing with a child. I really tried to help her. She lost her hearing so I brought her to an ENT doctor to be fitted for a top of the line hearing aid. She refused to wear it saying that it was uncomfortable. I spent a lot of money on it but I only wanted my mom to have the very best. I could only imagine that if she did live that she would fight with me about wearing a mask when she would be outside of her house. What I tell everyone is that wearing a mask during these tough times is mandatory but it is your choice to leave your personal confines. Of course I do not wear a mask while I am at home or in my car but I do keep a supply of masks in both my handbag and car just in case. 

@eshoe I'm sorry to hear your mom is having health issues. I can understand why she wouldn't be thrilled about wearing a mask but it's hard these days. So few people are wearing them here. I really appreciate the one you sent me!

Thank you, @sprocketta. Makes me so happy to know it’s something you would use! 🙂

@eshoe  I am so sorry to hear your mom has heart issues. I pray that they will be able to control it and she will be healthy and safe. It’s too bad she won’t actually wear the masks you made. I know I was going to send my mom some masks but she said she wouldn’t wear them. Very frustrating when you just want to help. It’s nice you were able to FaceTime. I have been FaceTiming all the time lately. I’m sure your daughter was so happy to see her too!! I pray your family stays healthy and safe. 💜

@ather Thank goodness for FaceTime! My daughter is on it constantly, talking to a friends/family, I hardly ever use my phone anymore!

Your Mom said no, too? I am sorry. Thank you for the well-wishes, I hope your Mom stays healthy as well🤗

@eshoe  Thank you! She’s actually moving across the country in like a week and a half. Right now she lives like 4 hours away from me. She lost her job so she’s moving back home where my sister lives. Since my husband is military it doesn’t make sense for her to move with us since we will Have to move again in a few years. I want her to come visit but she’s in a hot spot and I work in a clinic I don’t want to risk my co workers or our patients. Makes me sad she’s moving but I’m hoping we can go home to visit for Christmas. 

Oh @ather I am so sorry to hear that. Yes, lots of FaceTime is in order! At least she will be with family. One of the newscasters here mentioned he hadn’t had human touch in over two months. I really feel for those living alone. I need my family hugs, they are truly like a healing balm!

@eshoe  That’s so sad. I can’t imagine. 

@eshoe I'm sorry to hear that, I hope she gets better soon! I feel you on the masks! One of our coworkers has been running rampant with no mask on despite being in contact with positive cases. And even mentioned he didn't care if people got sick or died because of him. 

😳😱 @Samtian wow that is super frustrating. Hard to wrap my head around it, no joke.

@Samtian  That’s so frustrating. I wish people would wear masks and respect everyone’s Health. I work in a clinic and it’s mandatory to wear a mask when coming in. 

I’m sorry @eshoe . You know what ppl say old ppl become children again. I pray for your mom to be safe and healthy. I feel her though. She probably thinks mask is restricting and make it harder to breath. If it is any consolation, my in-laws are in their late 70s have bunches of health issues and they did so many things against professional recommendations. When my husband confronted them about it, his mom said “Well we got to go on and live our lives” 😔😢

Oh @blackkitty2014, I am so sorry to hear that about your in-laws. I don’t get why it’s such a source of contention, either. Yeah, it’s not the most comfortable thing in the world. But it’s such a small thing to do not only for your sake, but for others. Sigh.

@eshoe @I’m sorry to hear that! That sounds super stressful! It’s really hard when you know someone should be protecting themselves but you can’t force them to 

3,512 Replies
testing