Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@eshoe  8-12 hours a day is horrible. Especially when it’s hot out. And if you wear glasses they fog up. But it’s the best thing right now to protect everyone!!! 

I cannot imagine, @ather. My sister is in an essential business, and her skin is suffering. but she has to do it to protect herself from everyone who isn’t😕

The fogging up is so horrible haha. If you do get some with the ear loops though, twist the loops and put your ear in the twist and it won't fog up. But it's going to hurt. 

@Samtian  Oh man. I’ll stick to my ones that go on the back of my head!! 

Ok this sounds painful but maybe it’s my late-night brain trying to understand it, @Samtian. I read it first as ‘put your ear in a twist’ and I thought well yes, I would pass for sure on that😂 I wear contacts during the day because glasses are such a pain. I feel for anyone who has to wear them and doesn’t want to, they are hard enough to keep clean in the first place, let alone deal with fog!

@eshoe Haha when I was trying to describe it I was like..how the h e c k am I going to describe this!? You just have to be careful to not make a gap on the sides.

Juju Mask - 2 Pack - Blue Jax

Ahhhh thank you, @Samtian! This helps tremendously as I made a few masks that are way too big for me. Love this tip and picture because obviously I wasn’t getting it 🤣

@eshoe No problem! I knew it sounded weird lol. I'm so horrible at describing things. 

My coworker showed me a way to keep the fog at bay while wearing a mask. You use a little soap on your lenses then rinse. It does seem to help. Hope this tip can help someone.

@Loretta55 @Samtian 

The dish soap trick didn’t work for me, but what does work 99% of the time is cutting a Kleenex in half and neatly folding it horizontally then placing it along the top of the mask before putting it on. It prevents the air from escaping and digging up your glasses.

@GG84 I tried that the other day, lol in my work environment that was a no go. 

Thank you for the tip @GG84 . I will try it later today and report my results.

@Loretta55 I think that only works for certain lens types. It certainly didn't work for mine haha. 

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

So sick of all that is going on.In my state we're on phase 2 on reopening.Do i trust them?No!Having underlined conditions is not fun/safe.Who else has to decide whether to wear makeup and wear a mask?For me wear a mask and stay makeup free.

I still wear a full face with makeup and a mask when I leave my house @Carmenatty. I a have been wearing more hydrating lip balms under my mask. Phase 2 begins today in my state. I am looking forward to eating at a restaurant sometime this week. 

That's awesome.As it gets warmer i must start changing my...

That's awesome.As it gets warmer i must start changing my makeup routine.Have a great day🌞

This week marked three months of self-quarantine, woohoo! Took out a 1,000 piece puzzle two days ago that I had previously started and quit. Finished it today.BEEBF5AB-155B-462D-928F-58F7E2FCC65F.jpeg

And yes, that is a single piece that was missing🤦🏻‍♀️

I never had the patience to complete puzzles @eshoe. The pattern is so pretty and calming. I plan on looking at it when I feel tense.

Funny how different things are soothing/stressful for different people, @Loretta55. I love puzzles like this and mini legos (nano-blocks). Relaxes my mind!

@eshoe ,

Congratulations on finishing that beautiful puzzle!  It's amazing! 

Could you put a similar colored piece of paper (cut from a magazine) under the missing piece? 

That’s a great idea, @tsavorite! I will remember that tip when I pull it out to do again. It was one of the more challenging puzzles I’ve done, so it might now be anytime soon;)

3,512 Replies
testing