Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Westcoasty - I'm sorry to hear about your accident!  You're angry with yourself; you're angry that you can't get around easily; and most importantly, your not sleeping well.  Your lack of a decent night's sleep is exacerbating the stress from your accident.  Since you've internalized your stress and irritation (in addition to the pain), you can't sleep well.  Therefore, you're angry and depressed.  

Take it easy on the foot!  Use a bag of frozen veggies as an ice pack if you haven't bought one already.  Keep your foot propped up on a pillow as much as you can (supposedly above heart level to keep the swelling down; I've never been able to achieve this!).

@Titian06  Oddly enough, by yesterday morning I felt like I was sleeping well again. I woke up feeling as well rested as I ever feel these days. But I struggled to focus all day, I felt very irritable, and, as I said, I was weepy about small things. I don't think it's physical, I think it's emotional, possibly connected to being single and not having anyone to help me at a time when I would have humbled my pride and asked for it.

Anyhow, today is payday, so at least I can order in some tasty food and something to use as an ice pack! Hooray for grocery delivery. LOL. Thank you very much for your kind thoughts and suggestions. 😊

I've missed you all this week.  I really wanted to check in on everyone's Sephoria posts, and just chat in general.  I just finally started to feel more like myself after the pandemic...but we had multiple COVID outbreaks at work - I work in healthcare.  I think our numbers right now are only second to what we had at the very height of the pandemic.  Now, we have to wear N95 masks at all times.  I'm dying inside.  Just when I had come up for air this happened.  Re-entering the beauty world (including fashion) was such a highlight for me.  I can't do that now.  IDK how I'm going to survive.  I see no end in sight.  And not to go on and on, but during the height of our COVID issues visitation was restricted.  No visitors, so less drama.  It's been legislated that we can't restrict visitation.  So, there is so much conflict.  I'm in a boiling pot of water that's bubbling over.  And working a ton of hours.

And just for laughs: my company doesn't pay you if you are off with COVID.  

@greeneyedgirl107 I'm so sorry about what is happening where you live. I hope things calm down soon for you, or your at least able to find some light in the darkness.

@Samtian thank you so much for the support.  We finally got rid of the N95 masks.  I do feel a lot better about it, even if it means having to downgrade to a surgical mask before going maskless.  I'm super nervous about later in the fall and winter but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I'm feeling a Iittle better psychologically, but I have a big project at work that I really have no control over that's going to be difficult to say the least.   I hope I can survive. 

And not to pile on, but a good friend from work resigned and it'll be do hard without her.

💕 💞 ♥️ 💜 💙 🧡 

@greeneyedgirl107 That is really rough I'm sorry 😞

@greeneyedgirl107   Oh I feel for you!  I retired from healthcare just before Covid hit!  They wanted us back to help!  My husband stopped me.  I needed surgery when things were a little better.  Until then he didn’t want me sick!  I know how my coworkers fared then and I can imagine how you feel 😫.  But that’s just not right to not pay YOU IF YOU GET COVID.   It’s a job risk, would they also not pay you if you came in contact with Hep C and became I’ll?  Or TB - I worked in a major metropolitan area and TB was in the city.  I’m sorry your employer treats you like this 😡.  You are providing a much needed service.   If you want to send me a PM feel free!

@Cissy63 thank you do much for the support!  It's awful being treated like this.  Those of us who stayed feel resentful.   We had a weekly COVID test today, and I was so happy to be negative.   I'd be beyond angry if I had to go through another week unpaid.   

@greeneyedgirl107  Oh no. I’m so sorry to hear that. How is it possible that they don’t pay if you’re off with Covid? I work in healthcare also and I’m surprised our Covid rules didn’t get more strict. We have had multiple people with Covid at work including myself and we still don’t mask. I wish we did because I think it helps prevent it more. Although the masking is frustrating. We only have to stay home for 5 days and mask for 5 days. I wish things would get better! 

@ather I apologize for my late response...I didn't seem to get the tag.  I think it's possible for them not to pay us because the numbers of COVID went down in our area so they were required to pay us.  But I think that the numbers in the facility should come into play.  This exposes how little they think of us.  I think it's so contrary to what healthcare stands for.  I almost understand it in terms of faceless corporate greed, but the higher ups at the facility I work at didn't even enforce PPE.  And then employees get sick and they have no one to take care of the patients.   It's outrageous.

@greeneyedgirl107  I agree. They need their workers healthy so they can care for the patients. I know that I am very fortunate to get paid time off when I had Covid. But I know other jobs who people just don’t test and expose everyone else to Covid because they don’t get the time off. 

@greeneyedgirl107  I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm now in a work from home role, along with my colleagues, and yet two of them were just getting over COVID when I started a few weeks ago. So I'm being very cautious where I go. That said, I think introverts perhaps fared better during lockdown, though everyone I know felt the effects.

I'm sure healthcare got (and gets) the very worst of it. You have my full sympathy. I want to say more, but I think it keeps coming out wrong. So...full sympathy.

@Westcoasty thank you. I truly appreciate it.  💕 💞 ♥️ 

@greeneyedgirl107 - I'd heard that COVID levels were returning to where they were at their peak.  I'm so sorry you are having to go through this all over again!  The bureaucracy is unbelievable.  Know you can rely on us for support--it doesn't have to be beauty related.  I do understand about makeup and fashion.  I've been working from home for three years.  No point in wearing makeup or anything but jeans and t-shirts.  Wishing you the best!  (((HUG))) 😘

@Titian06 thank you so much.  It really means a lot to me. 💕 💞 ♥️ 

And I apologize for the late response.   I'm so overwhelmed right now.

I'm so sorry, @greeneyedgirl107, this sounds so stressful. 😞 Do you think there's a career you can switch into that needs your healthcare skills without actually being in healthcare? It sounds like it's gotten to a point where it's affecting your daily life and happiness.

Thank you for everyone’s concerns regarding my health. I went to see an OB and got a chest ultra sound done and everything turned out normal. Also don’t have any pain after I took some Motrin. Most likely had inflammation in my chest from constantly picking up my daughter one day. 

That's good news, @SportyGirly125!

@SportyGirly125 Glad things turned up normal. It is good that you are staying on top of your health. 🥰

@Mellmars1185 I think I am the only one in my family who if I don’t feel like something is right with my body I seek help right away. 

@SportyGirly125  It sounds like you listen to your body. I have been trying to do that. 

3,512 Replies
testing