Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Loretta55 I'm so sorry. That sounds incredibly painfull. 🩵

I'm wishing you a speedy recovery! 🙏

Hopefully soon your hand will be healed and back to normal, hang in there!

Thank you very much @CynthieLu. I go to PT three times per week and I am doing exercises in between. I am slowly getting back in the swing of things.

@Loretta55, was wondering what happened to you, sorry to hear about the pinky!

Thank you very much @danielledanielle. It has been rough but I’m slowly on the mend.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, @Loretta55 ! (((HUG)))  I can empathize!  I broke my left pinky in the seventh grade. 😄  Best wishes! 😘

Thank you very much @Titian06. PT is painful unfortunately.

@Loretta55 @Sorry to hear about your hand ☹️ I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

Thank you very much @SportyGirly125.

So Sunday night I kicked a bag of stuff on my bedroom floor (skincare products, as it happens - I knew Sephora would be the death of me! LOL), and it didn't hurt much at the time, but by Monday night I could barely sleep at all due to the agony in my foot. I went to Emergency Tuesday morning, and they ruled out a dislocated fracture, but that was about it. The doctor said either I damaged the joint or there's a non-dislocated fracture that they can't see on x-ray, and I could try icing it and wearing an air boot. And then he sent me home.

So I was exhausted, in pain, traumatized, anxious, left with unanswered questions, and not inclined to ask the taxi to stop and wait somewhere that I could buy an air boot and an ice pack. Not fun.

I'm feeling a lot better physically and mentally now, though hobbling everywhere still. But tonight I feel very, very irritable, and I'm not sure why. It's just as well I work from home, because I'm not fit to be around other humans at the moment!

I'm grateful I work from home and have no stairs in my suite, I'm grateful it wasn't worse, I'm grateful for the kindness of the taxi drivers and the hospital greeter, who came out at once with a wheelchair and wheeled me where I needed to go until I was in the inner sanctum, and I'm grateful for free healthcare! And yet I feel like snarling viciously, and I just don't know why. Plus I find myself weeping at small things, which I haven't done since I was peri-menopausal.

Can anybody help me figure out what's going on? I woke up feeling all right this morning, apart from the sore hoof.

@Westcoasty I'm sorry to hear what happened. I hope you are feeling better and were able to get answers.

Thanks, @Samtian  My mood has improved a lot, but my foot still hurts quite a bit. Oh well - it will mend!

@Westcoasty  How awful for you!  As others have said, among several things going on at once you may have felt very overwhelmed.  Pain is frustrating!  Limits what you can do!  It’s loss of control!  It’s good to know you are doing better 😃.  And you can order in food and needed supplies!  Wishing you continued recovery ❤️‍🩹 

That's very kind of you, @Cissy63 Thank you so much. 😊

@Westcoasty  Oh no. I’m so sorry to hear you’ve hurt your foot.  Hmm not sure what’s going on but I’m hoping for a speedy recovery for you. 

Thank you so much, @ather . I suspect I cracked the bone in a way that didn't show up on x-ray, because it finally feels like it's starting to knit together. Hooray for the self-repairing functions of our bodies!

@Westcoasty  Awww, sorry you’re having such a rough  time.  Have you been for blood work recently?  Sounds to me like a hormone surge but maybe just cause I’ve been going through some fun moody adventures of my own.  I hope it either gets better or you figure out what’s happening.  

@heartsmyface  I'm several years post-menopausal so I sure hope it isn't a hormone surge! Or at least not that kind. Could be stress hormones, I suppose. Anyhow, I'm doing much better now, thankfully.

If your "fun moody adventures" are related to the time around menopause, you're welcome to PM me and I'll send you a link to a fantastic YouTube video that explains brilliantly what happens and why it can wreak havoc on our moods. I felt a lot better once I watched it, because I finally understood that what was happening to me after menopause was "normal" and would pass. (For that matter, anyone reading this is welcome to PM me about it...women need to share this information!)

Fingers crossed you feel better soon too. 💕

I'm sorry I didn't see this before, @Westcoasty. I hope your foot is getting better! ❤️

Thanks, @curlychiquita - it does seem to be getting better. Yesterday it finally felt like it was less painful and swollen, and I can almost put weight on the injured area now. Progress! 😊

Ooh those sounds like signs you might be overwhelmed @Westcoasty Even we we feel like we have a handle of things, or bodies let us know when something is up.

How have things been lately? I hope they are looking up for you.

PM me if you ever need someone to chat too ❣️ 

@CynthieLuThanks so much. 😊 Yes, I think that was likely what it was, being overwhelmed in some way - likely not acknowledging the fear of injuring myself badly when single, at least in part. But mostly my life is going well, I'm thankful to say! I'm loving my new WFH job. And the foot is finally feeling like it's mending, and the grumpies and weepies are pretty much gone, I'm pleased to report. The pain still tires me out, but that's improving as well.

Thank you for the offer to PM you, as well. I may take you up on it at some point. 💕

3,512 Replies
testing