Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Thank you @curlychiquita, that really means a lot to me right now. 

2021-01-20 06.48.11.jpg

Hi all just checking in I don't post on this thread much but I wanted to check in and get some stress off of my chest.  a couple weeks ago my Achilles tendinitis got to the point where needed a boot and I got a shot of cortisone. I am unable to work until my follow up where i can reassess. so far its been about two weeks, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can after the 9th which is the day of  my follow-up.  I really want to get back to work and i miss my friends. 

Hope you feel better @WhereYouStand !

thank you @Kim888 ^_^

@WhereYouStand that does not look fun

I hope you recover quickly and well.

@sprocketta thank you. I have my first PT appt. tomorrow. if three weeks of PT doesn't help then i have to look into surgery which I'm trying not to think about until I have to. someone told me worrying about things you can't control is like shoveling smoke so I tell myself not to shovel smoke whenever i get in a loop about it. 

@WhereYouStand ,

That sounds horrible!  I'm so sorry that you are going through this.   It sounds painful and Yucky!  Usually things get better with time and treatment.  I hope that this will be the case for you, and quickly, too!  You'll be so happy to see your friends again and they will be happy to see you.  I hope that will be very soon.  I hope that there are some things that you can enjoy about your time off work.  I went through something similar once (with my ankle, but not my achilles tendon) with 3 months off from work, so I can identify with what you are going through.  It's hard.

Take care, and good luck!

@tsavorite thanks much appreciated I'm sorry you had to go three months off without work and seeing friends too. and I am glad you made it back to work. as for hobbies. I just resigned up for nextflix again and will try to binge watch another season of supernatural. slowly chipping away at finishing that series.  and  I am researching hobbies to pick up when i can walk around more. so far there is one item on the list. which is to try out flatlay photography. likely this is a OTT goal for someone like me whom knows nothing about photography but hobbies typically start out at a beginner level anyways.

@WhereYouStand @I hope you get better soon!

@itscarin thanks ^_^ me too. 

Good luck, @WhereYouStand! The Achilles tendon can be such a problem. 😔

thanks @curlychiquita it's proving to be pretty stubborn. 

🙏 for a speedy recovery!! @WhereYouStand 

thanks very much @lmaster  that's kind and I appreciate good vibes being sent my way. 

I hope you recover quickly @WhereYouStand ❤️

@faeriegirl me too. thank you. ^_^

@WhereYouStand  Oh no. I’m so sorry. Such a painful thing to go through. I hope it gets better soon. 

thank you @ather. I'm hoping so too it's taking longer than I'm liking so far though as long as it heals i'm happy. 

@WhereYouStand Sorry this happened to you.  Hoping for a speedy recovery.

thank you @SportyGirly125  also side note I always look forward to your TJ's hauls on the TJ's thread. ^_^

@WhereYouStand Aww thank you.  Glad you like the thread and the hauls.

3,487 Replies
testing