Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

RE: Re: RE: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Yes! @lmaster if things get under control they can reopen everything by the 12 of April. Oh and some delivery food services are open but you have to pay online and they leave it in front of your door

Re: RE: Re: RE: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@idanyd I'm thinking that date is the same for us

@idanyd ,

Delivery of food like that at your door is the safest method for you.

RE: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@ather I do believe the social distancing is working because there isn’t a massive spike in cases thank god but we’ll see what this next week brings!! Hopefully the cases start to decline

RE: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@heartsmyface true!!! And that’s exactly what the health task force actually said yesterday. We’re going into the peak of it for us this incoming week. That we need to keep social distancing but a lot of people aren’t doing it.

Re: RE: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@idanyd@aether what we’re doing IS working but we’re bound to see a spike in confirmed cases in the next week before it starts to even out- and that’s just assuming people are following social distancing recommendations.  

Re: RE: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@idanyd  Omg. I hope your staying safe!! Do you find the lockdown is working? Even tho people aren’t really listening?? I’m in Canada and it seems to be getting worse and worse every day. They have shut the Canada USA border down for travel which Is so crazy to me. I am not watching tv or the news anymore. I just can’t. It’s so depressing. I hope things get better! One day at a time!! 

RE: Re: RE: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Yes!!! Thank you so much for asking @ather 😊😊 to be honest at first people weren’t listening until they had the first 20 arrests and 150 informed people on the first night. Some businesses have even lost their licenses to operate and sell and have all of their inventory confiscated. Now people are listening. In a week we’ve only had 100 cases and 3 deaths so I really do hope it’s working. People who don’t comply are getting arrested. I’ve been staying at home since the 13th of March and haven’t gone outside of my home. I stay sane with playing wi the makeup, cleaning working from home what I can do, playing with my cat who is really spoiled and my daughter is everyday taking online classes. It’s hard but it does help keep the mind busy. Watched a lot of YouTube and tutorials!

@idanyd  That’s really good to hear. I would imagine the lockdown would be hard to get use to but it sounds like it’s working. The province of Quebec has had 477 cases just today. I’m really glad it’s working for where you live. I wish it would get better all over the world. It’s so sad. 

@ather QC has an earlier March break than the other provinces, the week of March 2nd, so they may have been hit earlier with people returning from travel.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Checking in from CA. We have had a stay at home order for the last week and a half. I think we were the first state to get it. I have been working the last 2 weeks from home with 2 kiddos since daycare is closed until further notice.  Work has not been doing well so I was put on furlough till further notice today. Thankfully my husband still has his job and we have savings. 

@SportyGirly125 I'm sorry to learn of your circumstances.  Best wishes to you and yours!

rhinestone heart necklace | Tumblr

@greeneyedgirl107 thank you 

@SportyGirly125 oh my gosh! I'm so sorry to see this!! Positive thoughts and vibes!!

@lmaster Thank you.  I have been watching more cooking videos 😁

@SportyGirly125  Awww I’m so sorry to hear. I really hope this gets better soon. How’s your kiddos? I know I’ve been struggling to keep mine entertained. It’s still too cold to stay outside to long but we try and go for a walk every day. I hope you get your job back soon!! 💜

@ather the kiddos are doing great. Thankfully they don’t know what’s going on because they are still too young. My son is 4 and the baby turned 6 months.  This will be the first time since 2001 where I haven’t worked so it will be an interesting adjustment for sure. On the plus side, I get to spend a lot more time with the kiddos.  Maybe I can start crafting again on the side. 

@SportyGirly125  Aww that’s a plus that they don’t understand! My son will be 2 in may and he’s got no idea either. I’m sure he’s confused why we aren’t going out and doing activities all the time but for the most part he’s doing great. You totally should start crafting again!! It’s probably good to have something to do because I know I’m getting so bored being home all day!! 

Aww @SportyGirly125 I’m so sorry to hear this. Glad you have your family and their support too. Giving you a hug from just a few miles south in SoCal. We’ve been doing same for 2 weeks and it’s brutal. Thankful my husband has his job also. 💕

@Sunnysmom @It doesn’t help they put a safer stay at home restriction Friday and now extended it to April 19th.

Yes @SportyGirly125 am afraid that’ll keep happening for awhile also. It’s so tough because we know it’s needed to knock this thing out but ooof the struggle during it will be so hard for all. 😕

3,512 Replies
testing