Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@niki172 I'm sorry to hear it's been such a tough time for you! It's definitely hard to not worry all the time! 

@Kim888 thank you. I just needed to rant

I know I have it a lot better than most. The stress is getting to me, and I don't think my spouse knows how/what to do to help. His idea is offer me chocolate 😅. Things weren't great before this happened as we lost a family member unexpectedly and their spouse is now alone so I worry about them a lot as it's only been a few months. I just needed to let it out + I'm sorry if I upset anyone that wasn't my intention at all.

@niki172 I've definitely gone on some rants to my roommate as well! Sometimes you just have to let it out before the stress gets to you! i'm sure you didn't upset anyone - I think everyone has thought all those things at some point during this! It's hard - i know I have it better than a lot of people right now as well but it doesn't make not seeing my family for the holidays this week/weekend or being able to go out any easier

@Kim888 I think not being able to see my parents this Easter brought this to a head for me. The thing that agitates me with that is my brother will come over with his little girl and his wife takes her and goes to big family get togethers still which bothers me (and is illegal in my state). If they were quarantined at home it may be a different story, but my parents are high risk also. I hope you have a lovely Easter ❤️.

Hey guys! Hope everyone is staying safe and positive during these hard times. I'm doing my best to not dwell on this whole thing more than I need to because I can't change much, so I'm just reading a lot and watching more TV than usual. My boyfriend and I started doing some teletherapy this week and it's going ok, not great, and it's only about a third of our total case load, but at least it's something. We've picked up a trash collection job 5 nights a week which isn't too bad and though it doesn't pay much, it's something. We haven't applied for unemployment yet (I'm not even sure if we qualify) but we might, depending on how long this goes on for. Luckily we don't have major debts (my boyfriend is the only one with school loans), and just by chance we hadn't put our down payment on the house we were thinking of buying, right before this week started, so we're not that bad off financially. I can't help but wish I could help others out more.

Our social distancing is not stellar because we're still hanging out with a couple that lives in our apartment complex but we just trade houses for board game nights and don't go out anywhere so at this point I feel like we're roommates. Not ideal, I know, but as long as we don't interact with others I think it's ok. 

The main positive thing out of this whole situation is that I've been cooking something different almost every day and I feel like I've really improved. We've only eaten out 3 times in the past month, which is less than we would usually do in a week. I made a Teriyaki Tri-tip Beef Roast today with some noodles and tomorrow it's going to be BBQ Country Style Ribs. My MIL got me a Ninja Foodi Grill last month and it's honestly one of the best gifts I've ever gotten. I love it so much. 

The weather here has been great and I'm so thankful this isn't happening when it's 115 degrees outside.

If anyone wants to video chat feel free to DM me! I'd definitely be willing to participate in a zoom chat with one or everyone. GRWM videos BIC style lol

Edit- sorry this was so long! I have so many words inside! 

@makeitup305 Glad you were able to find more work! I hear you about cooking. It is good to use the kitchen more. I used to eat out a lot more too and have not eaten out since March 11 😮 One of my favourite restaurants is doing take out. My partner and I put in an order Thursday and will be picking it up Sunday and I think it's hilarious I've been looking forward to this so much ha ha. 

@pocketvenus thanks, it's not much but I'm doing it with my boyfriend and it's almost enough to cover rent this month. I hope you enjoy your takeout! Happy Easter!

@makeitup305 I hope work picks up for you both soon ❤️ I just ate my takeout and it was as good as ever. I couldn't ask for a better Easter dinner!! Happy Easter to you too 🥚🌷💛

@makeitup305 that's great you are taking advantage of the time to cook! I've been trying to as well - definitely an unsettling moment when I realized just how much I was spending on eating out and delivery! Turns out I have no issue sticking to my weekly budget when I stop ordering takeout haha 

Feeling pretty down today. I'm in the mortgage industry and I was reviewing some withdrawn loans. Loans are withdrawn for any number of reasons, but I specifically saw 3 today that were due to economic uncertainty. I also heard from another friend facing financial difficulties. Doing a passover seder with my family over zoom saved the day from being completely awful, but made me feel very homesick.

Pretty much every day I remind myself how lucky I am that I have a job, that I can work from home and that I am no longer in Chicago which is now a hot spot. I've been working really hard to keep my mental health in order, and this was the worst day I've had since my move. Other people are in such worse positions than I am, and my heart hurts for all of them.

((((((( @sprocketta )))))))) Stay strong hun! ❤️

Thanks @pocketvenus unfortunately I saw more depressing stuff in my work review yesterday, but just trying to maintain equanimity. 

It’s hard times and it’s totally normal to get depressed specially when you can’t meet your family on such special occasions. I’m glad you were able to do Passover cedar with your family virtually. Hang in there and take care.

@sprocketta Hope you have better day today and the rest of the week. ❤️ I feel a bit down myself too. Can we just wake up and everything is normal again? Every single family get impacted by this and it’s heart breaking 

@sprocketta ,

I'm so happy that you were able to have Passover Seder with your family over Zoom!

@sprocketta I’m not Jewish but had the honor of sitting at the table of my neighbor’s Passover Seder many years ago. I will NEVER forget the bitterness of the herb! 

@eshoe my entire life I have always taken the smallest possible piece of it the 2 times you have to eat it. I'm not a fan of horseradish.

@sprocketta  My son surprised us all last year wolfing down the Hillel sandwich with lots of horseradish! It was the milder one with beets, but still! Both my kids were pretty bummed this year not to have a Seder (we always have it at my parents’, but I just didn’t feel like doing it myself.  

That's what I have to remind myself @sprocketta I have it...

That's what I have to remind myself @sprocketta I have it way better than others, even though I'm still working my fire department dispatch job, they are trying to keep us pretty safe. I do feel really bad for those who have lost their jobs and are scrounging to try to make ends meet at this time. I feel really bad for anyone on the front lines dealing with the patients who have Covid-19. I did notice on our local news where a medical provider had parked an RV in their driveway and staying in it to keep from possibly infecting their family by being in the house. Sorry you had a bad day and hope the rest of the week is better!

How's everyone doing?

I can't keep track of what day of quarantine this is.  They're all blending together.  I think things started to get locked down around March 5th for us, so we've been sequestered for about a month now?

I haven't worn makeup in forever.  Deodorant is a rarity for me, too.  XD  I had a peanut butter cup yesterday, and it just didn't taste the same!  Not like I'm losing my sense of smell/taste aka a covid19 symptom, but that I'm just feeling a little depressed and not getting any joy out of peanut butter cups anymore.  

Goals for today: set up the old xbox so I can play dance central.  That's going to be my cardio.  Hopefully bring a little joy back into my life.

Things I'm looking forward to: New baby toys coming in the mail, although, it's going to take 3 weeks to get her.  Sigh!  Also, the last of the new baby clothes size 3-6 mos coming in.  It took two weeks to get, but I got the baby a cute pair of jeans and some tee shirts to wear so he's not always in a onesie.  It's ok for me to look like I gave up on life but not him!  LOL

I'm trying to stay positive, but I am very bummed that when I brought my big beautiful shiny new monitors home from work, I accidentally broke one during transport.  The screen is all messed up and I have so  much regret for not securing it better before taking it home in the car.  Man, it would've been nice to have two functioning monitors.

It seems as though with so little going on right now, little set backs seem amplified.

@itscarin Cardio definitely helps!! I feel like I need to go extra hard to make up for the lack of walking around. I started trying barre workouts too so I don't bother my downstairs neighbours with like, a full hour of jumping around!!

3,512 Replies
testing