Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

I am hoping that it will not be the case @lmaster . Sorry to hear about that.

@Loretta55 Wishing you a strong recovery. I am sending you hugs 💞

Thank you very much @Mellmars1185. You are too kind.

Oh @Loretta55 I’m so sorry about your fall and all that resulted. Ouch. Go easy on yourself please! (It must be in the air because I face planted in front of Sephora last week! Ugh. I said to hubs, “don’t you dare…”! 😭 Skinned knees etc, bruises etc like a little kid! 😫) Continued healing to you! 😘🤗 

You got lucky @Sunnysmom. I was a mess after my fall. I was bleeding profusely from my left side thumb and I felt like my whole upper body was hurting. I should have went to urgent care immediately but I was so scared and embarrassed. Even the dog was scared. I saw my orthopedist 5 days later and I felt like my entire body was X-rayed. At least the pain level is now tolerable.

Yes I think I did @Loretta55 , even bruises and jacked up hip, neck is not horrible compared to what you are going through. I understand the embarrassment but you gotta listen to yourself/ take care of yourself! We’re no spring chickens anymore apparently! 😭 The doggies do get concerned . Glad you’re on the mend! 🥰

I hope that you saw a doctor to rule out any problems @Sunnysmom. Jacked up body parts and no laughing matter. I swear that a few of the bruised areas are more painful than the fractured area.

Did @Loretta55 thank you! Yup I agree. I think my bruised knee and leg are the worst part of it. Taking forever to heal. That giant flying bug did a number on me in so many ways as I’m a klutz anyway! 😭 I so hope you’re on the other side of yours! 💞

Fingers are crossed 🤞 @Sunnysmom. Sometimes I feel like PT is really hard. Hopefully you will feel better soon also. 

I hear you @Loretta55 . In the past when I had PT for some neck issues I think it almost created more issues and I was def so sore afterwards. The little massage at the end helped out but I’m sure you’re very tender and sore. Gentle hugs! 

Unfortunately I don’t get a hand massage following PT @Sunnysmom . Once I am done with getting therapy for my hand I will go back to my other therapist to receive therapy on my knees and hips. At least I did receive a massage afterwards which felt good. Also not standing all day is helping.

@Loretta55  Awww sorry to hear about your fall. Hope your feeling better soon!

Thank you very much for your well wishes @ather.

@Loretta55  😣. Ouch!  Aw well I’m sorry to have missed you at Sephoria.  hopefully you heal up completely and it doesn’t bother you too much in the years to come.  And gosh you know it’s been rough when you’re looking at worst case scenarios for bright sides.  Hugs.  

Thank you very much @heartsmyface. I’m hoping for a good outcome but time will tell. I’m putting in the effort but I’m hoping that it will be enough. One day I am hoping to attend Sephoria.

yours and everyone’s pictures and descriptions made me feel like I was in attendance. I can’t thank you enough for that.

@Loretta55  Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Sounds like it was rough all around. I hope October is going better for you. 🤗

The best part was getting my cast removed @Westcoasty. It was so heavy. Also trying to just do my basic functions with my non dominant hand was frustrating. That first shower felt so good! 
Hope that you are also on the mend. 

Oh right, @Loretta55 ! I remember having a cast on my ankle in my teens. Heavy and itchy. I couldn't wait till I got it off. I loved my first shower too! I'm glad you're on the mend, and yes, I am as well. Here's hoping we both have a better time in November!

I definitely agree @Westcoasty! Hopefully things will get better for us as time passes.

Oh no! I hope you heal soon, @Loretta55! 💓

Thank you very much @curlychiquita.

3,512 Replies
testing