Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

I hope you all feel better soon @itscarin !

images-3.jpeg

Oh @itscarin I am so sorry to hear your family is dealing with Covid 🥺 I Hope you all recover quickly so your little extrovert extraordinaire can can get on with his social life!!

@itscarin  Aw nooo, as common as the biting and hitting are both are, it’s so frustrating to navigate a phase like that.  He’s likely sensing all the stress in the house and with everyone being sick too:/   Redirecting to an apple and saying ‘we don’t bite people,we bite food’ is the usual go to. As is labelling an emotion and showing him ways to deal with it like screaming into a pillow.  
Best of luck with the biting and the Covid.  What a mix 😬

@heartsmyface @He’s also started licking things like a dog which is a really nasty habit when you have COVID.  I keep freaking out telling him to cover his mouth every time I hear him and cough and sneeze. He really needs to get out of the house and socialize with his own kind. And stop spreading germs!!!!!!!!!!!!

@itscarin 😂🤣.  Oh gosh, kids are so weird. Don’t forget to take pictures so you can razz him when he’s older.  Is it the cold of hard surfaces he likes?  Maybe some frozen spoons might help.  

We’ve got ours trained to cough or sneeze into his inner elbow cause trusting him to wash his hands is… well, that trust isn’t there.  

@heartsmyface It’s people and pets.  😂. He will lick the dog or lick my shirt or leg or arm.  He’s just watched too many cartoons with dogs and now thinks that’s normal behavior.  

@itscarin Oh no...I hope he gets out of that phase.  Also, sorry to hear about him getting you COVID.

@SportyGirly125 @I think it’s the social isolation that’s getting to him. He’s been asking every day “where we going?!”  He’s asked to go to his grandparents or daycare. I think he’s just desperate to get out of the house and see people at this point.  Lol. My poor little guy is a very extroverted personality so being on house arrest is basically torture for him.  Normally he doesn’t hit or bite like this.  Fingers crossed he’ll stop when he gets to socialize with people again, and he won’t act like a feral animal.  

@itscarin  Maybe set up a picnic on a blanket in the living room.  Or better yet, a cushion fort or a closet!  Something out of the ordinary.  All dependant on your energy levels of course.  Sometimes just a sheet draped across furniture is enough of a fort so he can be ‘somewhere else’. 

@Nickelliebear1 @makeitup305 @tsavorite @missjeanie @lmaster @faeriegirl @curlychiquita @Kim888 @Shosh85  @jessie416 @Sunnysmom @blackkitty2014 @Guessgal @eshoe @ather 

Llama Party!!!  🦙 🎈 🦙 🎉 🦙 🎂 🦙

🍹 🦙 🎉 

Thanks for tagging me, @heartsmyface !  This has been the most fun!  Love the Llamas!

Aw, what a great idea, @heartsmyface

Screenshot_20220711-213057.jpg

@curlychiquita Awww that is the sweetest photo!!  

Aww @curlychiquita 🥰.

I definitely needed this today @heartsmyface!❤️❤️❤️DFCD2A4C-0327-42CB-80C7-44133F831700.jpeg

D84C37CC-B235-4E20-896F-4D80274AB0C4.jpeg

@heartsmyface great idea! 🦙💞 Not a gif but darling! 

FFDE7905-7FCB-41C4-BBBA-546AB1285DF0.jpeg

I love me some llama chubby cheeks 😂🤣 @Sunnysmom 

@Sunnysmom I am getting great aunty llama urges to squish those fluffy llama cheeks!  

Hee hee @heartsmyface , yes! 

This is adorable, @Sunnysmom

I can not get enough of these guys @curlychiquita , they can make us all so happy! 💞

3,512 Replies
testing