Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Dropping in to share a humorous working from home experience. I was on a large conference call with people outside my company. It was a Zoom video call. I opted not to have my camera running. Only a handful did. There was one woman who I guarantee did not realize she was on camera. She was obviously working from home and was eating directly from a pint of haagen daz ice cream (no judgment, I do that) and liberally applying lotion to her hands and arms. She kept randomly touching her face. I was trying to watch the host's screen but she had nothing on it. I was trying to focus and could not stop checking out this goofy woman. I had to walk away from the computer to focus on the audio. It was hilarious.

@sprocketta , My husband has been working from home for the last couple of weeks and lately he's been doing video meetings - not because they need to discuss anything - but because he's hoping to raise peoples' spirits. He has a person on his team who is single and lives alone and another who just lost her mother (not from COVID-19). He just felt it was important for them to feel like they're still part of their work community.  The other day one of the guys wore an afro wig and swore it was because he couldn't get to a barber. 🙂

Just as an FYI, we tried to send flowers to the woman who lost her mom, but no florists would deliver them. Same went for a tray of food. And no groups of more than 10, so no real wake. 😞

@jozkid Haha about the wig. Your husband is right about keeping up morale. Very sad for that poor woman, especially since nothing could be delivered.

Thank you for sharing @sprocketta! I’m on sooooo many teleconferences these day, I’m sure I would have found it hilarious as well ( I already do, just based on your description!) Sometimes I do turn on camera on,

sometimes not - especially if I’m eating but I’m also checking and double checking to make sure then that ppl really can’t see me. Mmmmmm - I could use a pint of Haagen Daaz.

@sprocketta this is why I keep my video set to off! LOL 😄

@KatieBT I put a post-it over my camera, just to be safe

@sprockettaI put a sock. LOL. 😄 and I don't even talk to anyone.

Just popping in on my lunch break to wish everyone well during this difficult time.

hang_in_there_card

bea6f994794f22603cbb43955d8d9ab7

You are such a sweetheart @pocketvenus  Stay safe lovely!

You too @fatimamummy 🙂

Hey @pocketvenus!  You're such a great encouragement to everyone else.  How are YOU doing?

@CookieGirl1 ❤️ I'm very lucky to have the kind of job where I can work from home. I've telecommuted before so it's all old hat to me. I am pretty worried about people I know working on the frontlines. Like so many other places, Toronto's hospitals are low on PPEs though there have been drives for supplies in the city. Schools in Ontario and many workplaces shut down March 16 so in the next two weeks we will see the effect of mass distancing. I am hoping for the best for here and around the world!

That's great that you can work from home, @pocketvenus.  Stay safe :).

@CookieGirl1 Yes, I'm really thankful for that! How are you and how are things where you are?

@pocketvenus think I'm struggling a little.  I just recently learned that my hours at work were cut down to just one day per week, which is really hard, and I'm one of those people who thrives on being busy and active so I'm feeling pretty stir-crazy right now.  Compared to so many people, though, I have a lot to be thankful for and I keep trying to remember that.  Things are obviously pretty quiet where I am--businesses are eeriily dark, or course, and traffic is pretty quiet--and while there have been reported cases of the virus in my town we don't have nearly as many as in a lot of other cities.  Praying that this ends soon!

@CookieGirl1 Oh, one day a week! That is very challenging. I hope there are projects you can do in the house to help keep active! Though I know it's difficult to pick up a project when everything is uncertain and it's harder to settle into a routine. I've just been doing little things like building a very simple website with a group of people. Stuff that gets me connecting with others. Posting on BIC 🙂 I'm glad to hear you don't have many reported cases. Please stay safe ❤️ 

Thanks for the encouragement, @pocketvenus.  Hopefully someday things will be more "normal" again.  Until then, that's great that you've found some fun new hobbies! I'm going to try and do the same. 

@CookieGirl1 Hang in there! ❤️ It's nice to have this thread where we're all thinking of each other.

@pocketvenus thanks lovely lady! You seem to be a rock in the middle of this. I appreciate your posts on this thread.

Thank you, @sprocketta ❤️ And thank you again for starting this thread.

RE: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

What a lovely idea for a post @sprocketta physically I haven’t been feeling well since last night. I think it is a combination of factors. I haven’t left my house except to pick up groceries, play outside with my daughter, and the pharmacy to pick up my regular medications. Honestly, self-isolation works for me. I have several mental illness diagnoses and I’m very Introverted so being out in the world is very stressful and overwhelming for me. I’ve connected with people digitally so I’m not completely shut off but I’m not going stir crazy like a lot of people are.
3,512 Replies
testing