Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Eh @pocketvenus . That guy has always been a horse's a**. I am not at all surprised he spouted off with that nonsense. Normally I just keep my mouth shut and smile, but this time I could feel my anger bubbling under the surface. 

@jozkid Ug, I hope you do not run into him again! Keep your distance!!

@jozkid  Those are the kind of people who are putting our quarantine to waste. Some ppl don’t get it until it actually hits the home. I hope it won’t be the case with your neighbour and acquaintances and they can understand the gravity of the situation. Stay safe my dear❤️

Thanks @fatimamummy ! You stay safe, too, honey!

@fatimamummy , @jozkid  Yes!!! I say this all the time, the quarantine is only as useful as the last infected person. Every careless encounter and new infection just extends the shut downs even longer, like resetting the clock! SCIENCE people!!!

@jozkid I totally get that. My parents kept going over to a friend's house for dinner, despite my sister and I protesting against it. The only reason they stopped is because their friend's daughter started self-quaranting there. It's ridiculous. I am sorry to hear you're in a spot getting hard hit. Just keep vigilant about your safety and health.

Thanks @sprocketta   I'm glad your folks are seeing the light. You stay safe, too.

@jozkid it's definitely disconcerting when they keep saying for the harder hit areas that it could still be another 3 weeks before it hits the very worst! People need to take things more seriously for sure!

@jozkid It’s not overblown to the people getting it. It feels like a lot of people aren’t seeing how serious it is and how much responsibility has been placed upon them to keep others healthy.  I still have friends asking to come by for ‘visits’.  

It is weird how the circumstances effect our behaviour. Last night I started to have a weird feeling like the voices started to sound echoing. Even though I haven’t stepped out in two weeks yet I got a bit worried if I was getting sick and what kind of sickness it could be. I was about to freak out when I realized it was actually one of my ear blocked because I might have gotten some water in it during shower. 
It was relaxing but at the same time it made me realized how scared will be the ones who start experiencing the potential symptoms of COVID19. I hope we all can understand how serious it all is and no one is invincible. People who are still roaming out without following the guidelines of social distancing can understand they are putting others in danger along with themselves. Be careful and stay safe my friends.

Oh I bet that was super scary @fatimamummy!  I'm glad you are okay though!  The people not comprehending the social distancing are making me a bit crazy.  My neighbor across the street had guests over both Sat & Sun, and then my next door neighbor has had people over too.  I don't understand why they can't seem to get a grasp on this.  There is ONE person I would let in my front door right now, and that is my son, and once he was here he wouldn't be leaving.  End of story.

@fatimamummy   I'm glad you figured out what was going on.  You and yours stay safe also!

Thank you @Ispend2much6  You too Take care.

I heard that the food banks are getting slammed.  I got together three bags of food that I planned on donating, but it seems like the largest food bank is not taking goods - only monetary donations - due to COVID.  I'm looking into donating to the Salvation Army, because it looks they are accepting goods - but I'm not 100 percent sure.  I understand why places would be reluctant to accept goods, but it's also frustrating at the same time.  

@greeneyedgirl107  here there are thrift stores that ppl just leave stuff outside of...there are signs saying it's illegal to leave or take stuff, but there's usually a bunch of stuff and ppl rummaging through it...you could just leave it there, especially since most places are closed so no one to come and throw it away.  or maybe try craigslist

@treestar86 Great idea!  

@greeneyedgirl107  thanks!  I got a nice framed print of a palm tree there, lol.  also came across a seinfeld dvd, but I already had it so I left it there. 😉

@greeneyedgirl107  That is so kind of you and I can understand the frustration of not being able to donate the food you have put together. Is it possible you know someone I your surroundings who can benefit from this food so you can drop it to them. Most of the places are focusing on monetary donations which seems like a safer option all around.

@greeneyedgirl107 I'm sorry you put together a donation you can't give now! But yes, I imagine it's safer this way. The food banks are very, very busy in Toronto. Daily Bread and some other organizations have put out a call for monetary donations and volunteers.

Maybe check out some of the smaller or more fringe groups. Our local chapter of Food Not Bombs is still accepting food donations. Or perhaps a local school or church group that is providing meals for lower income students might be an option?

@snoflakefaerie Yes, I was thinking just that!  Thanks for the support!

3,512 Replies
testing