Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@itscarin  I hope you and baby are well. Playing dance central for workout is a great idea. Our gym is closed and even though I hardly get a minute to sit while kids are home, I still feel like a strange laziness is taking over me.

@fatimamummy It’s hard to care about yourself when you don’t have an audience — at least that’s how I’m feeling. When this is all over, we’re all going to have gained weight from all the processed foods and staying in doors we’re doing. 😩

@itscarin Hope you and the baby are doing well. I’m so glad your company let you work from home. ❤️ All my chores are normally done around 10-11pm so I just running around the house and have my Apple Watch to keep tracks of the steps/movement etc. isn’t that silly 🤣😂 Baby clothes are so cute. My son is almost 5 and I still over buy clothes for him 🤪

@blackkitty2014 @They didn’t have a choice. FEMA was going to use our office for hospital beds. But then fema changed their minds. Too late though because we already moved our stuff out of there!

@itscarin I've been back on my treadmill and I definitely...

@itscarin I've been back on my treadmill and I definitely feel better both mentally and physically. My mom has bern driving up to a shopping area that is closed and walking their big parking lot. That's funny about the deodorant. Keep the little one looking cute!

Started and finished another fabric mask this afternoon. My last of the elastic but I’m going to start using ribbon to make some for family members. 

Room for improvement, but it’s functionalRoom for improvement, but it’s functional

The back has a window slot for inserting a piece of filtration fabric.The back has a window slot for inserting a piece of filtration fabric.

I restitched my daughter’s pleats to fit her face betterI restitched my daughter’s pleats to fit her face better

These are too adorable! @eshoe great work

Thanks @lmaster I’m trying:)

@eshoe ,

I love your cheerful fabrics!

Thank you @tsavorite, hope to create a lot more 🙂

@eshoe How cute and thoughtful

Thank you, @SportyGirly125 💕

@eshoe  I took out the fabric and elastics today and am planning to make masks tomorrow. Did you use any instructions or went with your own creativity?

@fatimamummy I used a pattern from sarahmaker (dot) com, adjusted for the width of our faces. It’s a really easy pattern, basically just some measurements. 

6.5” x 14” folded in half for the mask

2x 7” 1/8” elastic strips for either side

The whole sewing together bit was frustrating but after a few tries I think I have the hang of it and might go full steam ahead in the next few days.

Thank you @eshoe  That is very helpful information. One of these day I’ll actually get around executing my plan of mask making. I rewashed the cloth, set up everything and then lost the motivation to actually sew 🙈

I totally understand @fatimamummy🤗

@ather I had leftover fabric from other projects just sitting in the closet. Wish I had more of the elastic but I don't, so ribbon ties will have to work. I found an easy pattern online from sarahmaker (dot) com that was very helpful:)Would love to see if you make any, the first few were a pita for me but I think I'm getting the hang of it!

@eshoe I applaud anyone who is just trying to stop the sp...

@eshoe I applaud anyone who is just trying to stop the spread. After seeing on the news where the bus driver made a video about a person on his bus not covering his mouth when he was coughing and then the bus driver died the following week, was enough to scare me into wearing a mask! I'm glad when we enter our building they are taking everyone's temperature, it's just an added piece of mind. One of our dispatchers mother made us masks with the ties and I was so happy because last time in the grocery store, my mask came loose and I had to mess with it with my gloved hand that had been touching the buggy.

@eshoe Don't laugh, put puppy pee pads. We cut a large sh...

@eshoe Don't laugh, put puppy pee pads. We cut a large sheet into sections that are as wide and long as our masks. We talked to one of our medical people and they thought it was a great idea. The backing on the pee pad doesn't allow any moisture to go through and you can change them out when needed. Others were using a backing/filter material that can be washed. Anything to add an extra barrier inside to keep moisture from going through the material.

@eshoe I wear my mask entering into work but take it off...

@eshoe I wear my mask entering into work but take it off when I get inside our room , but wear it throughout the day when I step out of our room for anything. Just for that short period the elastic bothers my ears, I think the ties would be much better, especially if I was wearing it for an extended time.

Re: @eshoe I wear my mask entering into work but take it off...

@Luvstravel I started working on masks with ties today. Going to take a lot longer but sounds like they might be much more comfortable.

What are you using for filtration? I have a window to slip in something but I’m not sure what to use.

3,512 Replies
testing