Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Loretta55  That's so frustrating. Hopefully they can bring it up for when this all cools down. And you can get it fixed. 

Doubtful unfortunately @ather!

@Loretta55 yeah, then they would treat you like you were not ill enough to call in,,, coaching,,, oh my gosh

Believe it or not, upon return to work when I had the flu a couple of years ago, I could not even speak when I was called in for coaching @lmaster. The managers follow the company policy. Someone would have to be blind not to see how ill I was. I am very frustrated with my company’s policy about using the sick time that is provided.

@Loretta55 that's terrible! I can just imagine your stress level at that point

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

I have been off work for a month now and honestly am pretty done with it all. The one normal thing is there is a beach near by that locals avoid like the plague because it is basically a giant mud flat with no washrooms or creature comforts. If you don't know where to walk you can end up knees deep in mud. If you do know where to walk you have a nice hardpack beach with little tide puddles all around you and nobody around. Due to it's messy nature my family is typically still the only ones there and we have been social distancing outside in the sun with the ocean. It has created a sense of normalcy in life.

I'm glad you have your beach oasis, @ChescaCat

@ChescaCat  Lucky you to have a nice beach to walk on. Super jealous!! 

That's kinda nice, your own private little beach ️ 

A couple humorous developments. The lovely @Luvstravel sent a ton of toilet paper early this week, because she's amazing. Pics on the unicorn mail thread. And then a game changer. I live across the street from a dollar store. I was sitting on my couch and realized I can see the truck parked in the lot with deliveries. I needed paper towels which are also hard to find here so I called and they had some. They were loading the shelves with paper goods as I was there. There was even good toilet paper! I was stocked up and left without any. I told some friends and my boss asked if I could grab some TP for her next time. She's literally the reason I'm here in NC, happy with a job, so I went back for some, with a caveat. I was not meeting up with her to give it to her in person. She's been coughing for a few weeks. She says she thinks it's gird. I told her I'm diabetic and not taking that risk. She told me her husband could pick it up. I responded that he's exposed too. We worked it out though. Her husband drove over and she texted me when he got here. I put the TP outside the door and left it for him out there. He didn't come up the stairs for it until I texted her that it was there and I was back in my apartment (I was afraid it would be stolen if it was out there for more than a minute). She texted me a minute later that he had the package and it felt like a drug deal. I laughed, but I feel zero guilt for insisting on safety for my health. And could help out a friend.

@sprocketta  Aww that’s so funny!! I’ve been dropping off food and supplies for a friend and I always drive to her house drop the goods and text her it’s there. The other day my little guy had really bad diaper rash and she went and got me some cream and dropped it off at my door and I felt like it was like some sort of deal going on too. I waited till she left then I opened my door to grab it! I guess it’s good you can find humour in what’s going on. And I agree you totally need to take care of your health. I always wipe everything down when I get home and wash my car and everything and wash my hands like 100 times in between. You can’t be to careful. 

@sprocketta 

Are you type 1? I’m type 1 and I know myself so well so I know when something is not right. My glucose has been elevated for a few days which for me means infection somewhere in my body, sigh. 
I had one of those feels like a drug deals also, I left a box of protein powder on my porch and traded it with my neighbour  a 6 pack of paper towel. He called me after and told me “I could go out and get the goods”. Lol truly a strange time. 

@GG84 I'm type 1 as well. I will say stress can really take a toll on your sugar. My last job was crazy stressful with my boss yelling at me and towards the end I was in the 300s all the time and couldn't figure out out. Within a week of leaving that job they were back to normal. I'm got a new insulin pump and a cgm in March. I literally do not have to do finger sticks anymore with it. It's helped a lot with my control, but the alerts can be annoying. But no finger sticks and better control makes it worth it. If you're unusually high, I elf say check your ketones and call your endo.

@sprocketta 

Whoa we definitely measure in different units. 300 would render me dead. We measure in ranges like 4.0-8.0 being normal. When I lost my job I lost my health insurance so it costs me about $600/month just for meds for diabetes now. I am stressed but I get insulin resistance when I have an infection (when you give your normal dose but it makes no difference). My endo actually has Covid. I don’t do pump, just regular old pen. 

@GG84 that stinks. I know some pharmaceutical companies have discount programs. I was getting discounts on novolog and there was a program from Eli Lilly for humalog. I would say check for that. Not sure how it is in Canada but that helped me a lot.

Hope everyone here had some time to relax and catch up with things over the weekend and stay isolated ❤️

post10cast-away-hero

Who knew that this would ever become an ideal living situation, walking around outdoors as you please??

@pocketvenus  I know it’s so crazy!! New normals!! 

@pocketvenus, I'll enjoy having my windows open more with the nicer weather coming!  

@curlychiquita I left my balcony door wide open today 😄

My roommate and I have been doing a 1000 piece puzzle that was super hard and today we almost finished and there’s a piece missing !!! Lol so small in the scheme of things but I’m irrationally annoyed haha. We looked everywhere for it and the puzzle was new so I think it just was missing. 

I hope everyone who celebrates is having a happy Easter !!!

@Kim888  Oh no 1 piece missing that would literally drive me nuts. It’s making me crazy for you!!! 

3,512 Replies
testing