Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@SportyGirly125 it's been an interesting experience 😉

@lmaster  Aww really. You are such a great momma. I’m sure your kids appreciate you!!

☺️ @ather just love their little faces so much, im ready to go swimming and have fun in the sun and forget all school work 😆 thank you, your kind words mean so much

@lmaster  Aww your so sweet!! I can’t wait for warm weather so I can get my little guy outside too. He’s going stir crazy! I was dreaming of a summer with lots of pool time and splash parks and fun and we might have to get creative at home! 

@ather I have faith!!! I need water parks!! 😆

@lmaster  I will cross everything in hopes this is over by summer!!! 

Sorry to hear about the reduced school year @lmaster. Our governor is holding off on a decision by the moment. I am hoping that by June some of the restrictions will be relaxed.

@Loretta55 I hope this all brings awareness to every single person on the importance of hygiene,,, especially when sick

Same problem with employers @lmaster . They do not always understand that when you are ill that you need to remain at home until you are completely well . 

@Loretta55 Here's a good employer one for you. My work "allows" 6 days in a year, unpaid. Now of course we are told not to come in if we are sick like the symptoms of the virus. Even if you get sick with the virus and of course you have to quarantine, you pretty much lose your job for going over your six days. 

Wow and I thought that I had it bad @Samtian . Employers need to understand that we are human beings not machines. Everyone becomes ill at some point. 

One little request @Samtian, please update your blog! I need a nice diversion. If anybody would like to read it Black Honey Photography . I relate to so many of the items you post about.

@Loretta55 Eek I know!!! I feel so bad it's been so long. I actually have it loaded up ready to insert my photos and it'll be a new post posted before the end of tonight! That means so much to me thank you!!!

Your posts on your blog reminds me of all of the good times that I had with my mom @Samtian . Now especially that we are sheltering in place. I need something that reminds me of fun times.

@Loretta55 Awe that is so sweet to hear!!! ❤️

I am looking forward to reading the new post @Samtian .

Speaking of employers.... @Loretta55 oh my gosh that is the truth!!!! I worked at a bank for 10 years,,, anytime I tried to call in bc one of my kids was ill, my boss always tried to make me feel bad, people like that really need to think about others before themselves, especially if they don't have kids of their own 😡

@lmaster Oh my goodness. Thankfully I was able to work from home when my kiddos got sick.

I have a totally different situation @lmaster. If you call out ill upon your return you get called into your manager’s office for “coaching”. I am given sick time but I feel like I can not use it. I was lucky that when my son was young, I was self employed.

@Loretta55  Omg that’s horrible. You should be allowed your sick days. 

I have a union job so unfortunately that is the policy @ather. I mentioned to our union representatives prior to the pandemic, maybe we should get 2 weeks per year that the company overlooks absences. Obviously now my idea is being put on the back burner.

3,512 Replies
testing