Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

What are everyone's thoughts on how to return to normal life, but not reignite infections? 

I know the hope of the quarantines and social distancing is to flatten the curve.

I hope that by the time our stay at home orders are over, that the virus has run out of people to infect and dies off.  But that kind of seem unlikely, unfortunately.

It would be so sad to have gone through all of this and have it not be effective in the end.

What can be done?

@Ispend2much6 my hope is there will eventually be rapid testing or a way to test for antibodies. I know it's not definitive that you can't get it again but hopefully it's less likely so if a growing group of people knew they'd had it they could start going back to work. I don't know how realistic that is though 

@Kim888   That's a great idea, as long as the tests aren't contaminated with the virus, like they were in the UK!  The swabs contained COVID; they ordered them from Luxembourg.

It would be great for people to be able to safely return to work.

Is it safe to order raw food?  like a salad or sandwich?  subway was having b1g1 free recently, and I was reallllyyy tempted, as I love subway and their veggie sandwich is the best deal for vegetarians...but I figured better not.  especially since you can't see them make it.  I figured I'd just use my baja fresh gift card, but when I went online to do so, I discovered they closed (here) a few months ago!!! Smiley Sad  so now I'm back to being tempted by subway.  some fresh healthy food would really help.

@treestar86   I'll just pass on the info I read from multiple sources.  The short answer is, no to fresh food.

Although the virus needs a live host, like a human, to survive, the other coronaviruses, (SARS, etc.) can be killed by  heating the food to either 135 or 165 degrees for 15 seconds, depending upon your source of info.

I guess if the restaurant workers used gloves to make your sandwiches, that would be less of a risk.  But, if someone sweated or coughed onto your cold food or sandwich, there is no going back, as that can spread the virus.

I really wanted to get Jersey Mike's bogo deal, but held back.  We did Chinese takeout tonight, from a place we have been going to for years.  Never a bad experience; it's small and family owned.

Both my husband and I noticed an odd smell from the food in the car, but blamed it on our sinuses being clogged from the high levels of pollen.

I took a bite of my pepper steak, and sure enough, the beef tasted old and possibly spoiled.

I called them and found out that I was probably right, because they are closing after this weekend for a month!  I couldn't believe it.

Whatever you do, be careful.  This is the one time fried foods are probably your safest bet. Smiley Wink

thanks for the info @Ispend2much6  yeah that's why I didn't, cuz there's no one to see if they're coughing or not.  then I thought I'd get 1 toasted, and save the other for later.  they should just not let you order those things, since there are so many regulations already.  or at least let us know how long we'd have to keep sandwiches in the fridge before eating...lol.  I've been having pasta everyday, now I'm out and really wanted some fresh food.  oh well.

@treestar86   Toasted!  I didn't think of that!!!

Checking in from NYC again! I'm trying to really go outside only once or twice a week, but it's hard because I live in an apartment without outdoor space so I can't even like step into a yard or anything. My roommate and I have been trying to do some exercise inside every day so that helps a bit and we are both working from home. There's definitely been more people outside than there probably should be when I go out and I think it will only get worse as the weather gets better. 

Looking at the numbers go up can be really scary. I do like watching Gov. Cuomo every morning on the news - I feel like he has a very calm and non hysterical demeanor which is nice to see. It is wild to be they erected a field hospital in central park - just the kind of thing you could never imagine being necessary !

@Kim888, since you outdoor scenery is limited, here's a f...

@Kim888, since you outdoor scenery is limited, here's a few pics from my house last year. Our wild yard rabbits acted more like pets, lounging around everywhere.

@Kim888 They are just normal size wild rabbits in this ar...

@Kim888 They are just normal size wild rabbits in this area -North Louisiana. Sadly we have had a family of fox move in and I haven't seen our rabbits this year. Can you tell I live in a rural area!

Re: @Kim888, since you outdoor scenery is limited, here's a f...

@Luvstravel @Oh wow those bunnies look so big !!

@Kim888   Sounds like you have a great outlook.  I admit having a yard is really nice right now.

@Kim888 I can't imagine not being able to REALLY be outside without a yard.  I'd go absolutely nuts!!!  

That must be really tough not having a balcony or small yard to be able to be outside in @Kim888.  I'm in California & we've been hearing a bit on the news about what's happening in NYC and it's heartbreaking.  My area went on a shelter-in-place on 3/17 & then Gov. Newsom ordered it for all of California 2 days later.  It does seem that Gov. Cuomo is handling this crisis as best as can be expected, as is Newsom.  I feel like a lot of the jump in numbers for my specific area is because testing is finally being done, at least that's the hope.  Hang in there, be safe, and much love from Cali!  

So tomorrow is my first day WFH.  I am anxious, but also relieved.  Pretty much haven't seen a client in person in over a week, but riding the NYC subway has been a hazard.  Fewer train crews, so fewer trains and inadequate spacing between people.

I feel for my co-workers who could work remotely but are still going in.

Thanks everyone, I hope everyone is keeping safe.

@danielledanielle, I'm glad you can work from home now!  I hope it goes well!

@danielledanielle Hello neighbor! Glad to hear you can work from home now! I've been doing it for about two weeks now but even before that I had started to feel anxious riding the subways. It's for sure concerning to see the pictures of crowded train cars right now!

Hey @Kim888 

It's weird, when cars were running like regular rush hour, everything was smooth and there was enough space.  Now with less people, less cars, same problems as before, I'm like baffled.  So, now I am free from it for at least 3 1/2 weeks.  I'll take it!

@danielledanielle I'm glad you can work from home and be safer. I used to ride public transportation in Chicago and we were all packed in like sardines. I'm sure it's less busy, but better you're not on there at all.

778 Replies
Photos21
  • 142FA76C-1641-47D3-9001-5F86B47021CD.jpeg
  • 67DE568B-DF83-4480-BEA2-F94510DE5A54.jpeg
  • Annotation 2020-03-20 032959.jpg
  • IMG_6111.jpg
  • 56D1826C-6002-408E-B075-4EC7ED1E8914.jpeg
  • 1BCDD607-EAA9-4834-8A25-CE423B2CD735.jpeg
  • 2D4961DE-0E1E-43DD-BE38-F74079B364ED.png
  • 6E18379A-2BD3-4EF5-82C8-620F86C9DC69.png
  • I emptied my beauty room.
  • Painted and redecorated.