Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

thanks so much @Buootiful ! Same to you ❣️

@makeitup305 sweet beauty!!! I'm so sorry your friend did that!! Meeting new people is so hard these days!! I do understand your feelings so much!! Positive vibes for you to overcome this 🥰

Thanks @lmaster . I wish it had ended differently but it's probably for the best. Thanks for the kind words!

I'm sorry to hear that, @makeitup305. I understand how you feel. I've been though times when I've dissociated from life and feel like I'm just observing it. I hope things get better soon! 💗

Thanks @curlychiquita . I've been reading a lot of fantasy novels which help cheer me up and once it cools off here I'm going to try and go out more.

@makeitup305 losing a friend and than another one right after from ghosting, that sounds painful. You definitely deserved more than that. Going through hard times is the worst *hugs* I hope you feel more like yourself soon 💗 

thanks so much for your kind words @CynthieLu 💛

I’m sorry to hear you’re having a hard time @makeitup305 ! Making friends as an adult is so hard and it’s especially hard when people just ghost for no reason! 

Hopefully things will be a little easier in the fall. I find people tend to be a bit busy/flighty in the summer before settling down for more winter hangouts ! 

@Kim888 It's hard to meet people since I don't have kids and most people my age in my area do. Plus, I don't work in an office so that's not an option either and there isn't that much to do where I live. Once it cools off I'll try to find a hiking group or something like that. 

Sending you hugs @makeitup305 , it’s such a weird time and I’m so sorry you’re struggling.  I so glad we all have each other on here too. It def helps to feel less alone. The early days of Covid felt so awful but in so many ways it’s still so tough at this point. 🤗😘💞

Agreed, @Sunnysmom . BIC is a good way to chat and share little bits about our lives and love of pretty things.

(((@makeitup305))) There was an NYT article that went viral about this awhile back, describing a state called languishing. "Meh" pretty much sums it up. Since we're not allowed to post links, I'm just going to share what comes after the nytimes url so you can just pop it into your browser in case it might help to read it 2021/04/19/well/mind/covid-mental-health-languishing.html 

It's from 2021 but definitely a lot of people in my life are still going through this feeling of languishing, especially as there is a lot of pressure on everyone to behave as if everything is "back to normal" when covid is even more prevalent and the death rate is up from previous summers.

And I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - it's always more difficult when you have no closure 💔 Don't be too hard on yourself if you're struggling. 🍵🍪

Making friends as an adult is really tough and especially difficult during a pandemic and meeting new people is at an all time low. People are pretty tapped out. Unsurprizingly, all the new friends I've made since the pandemic hit have been online at first. I've been befriending new people here and there through online meetings and honestly, it's less effort ha ha. Maybe give that a try if you don't feel like driving or getting ready to go out? 💕

@pocketvenus languishing sounds about right lol thanks for the link. I do feel kind of tapped out overall. Thankfully, I talked some of it over with my partner and he's determined to take on a bigger load at home (we're pretty even right now) and plan some outings so we can at least explore some more.

@makeitup305 I totally understand what you are going through. There are days where I feel so unmotivated with makeup. I have been trying this year to push myself out of my natural bronze makeup looks by doing at least one new look a week. It has helped me use what I have but at the same time I feel uninspired at times.  

As for the friends part, after high school most of my friends went off to college in either different states or cities and I only had a couple of friends I would hang out with from time to time. I even put myself out there trying to make new friends through dance or makeup classes but nothing ever happened. It was a lot harder than I thought. Most of my friends now are people on BIC who I talk to almost daily either on here, chat or message.  

@SportyGirly125 I've done big moves 4 times and the 2 post-college have been the hardest. I had a dog park near me where I made some friends but I still only keep in touch with one since she just moved. I don't mind keeping relationships mostly virtual (my best friend is still the same since we were in kindergarten even though we haven't lived in the same city it 17 years). I think it just becomes hard for people to make the time investment and if you don't work with or share prolonged amounts of time with someone it's even harder. Makeup has been a source of comfort and joy for me for quite a few years and it's weird that I don't feel motivated to do an eye look or just play. I'm trying to force myself to do those little things since I usually feel better after. I'm sorry you've had trouble making friends IRL. I'm glad BIC is such an awesome community that you've found friends here, especially you're such a special part of it!💕

@makeitup305 @Same. I don’t see my best friend a lot anymore but we chat from time to time. I have known her since the second grade so we have been friends for 32 years. She’s been the best auntie to my 2 kiddos.  Glad I have friends on here that I can chat with daily. 

@makeitup305 ,

I can relate to your feelings now.  Sending you virtual hugs and sincere wishes for better days ahead!

@tsavorite same to you! thank you 🤗

Doing better this week and just wanted to send everyone a little gratitude today, thanks for everyone's contributions to the board 🙂

Maurice Harris for DiptyqueMaurice Harris for DiptyqueScreenshot-2021-12-07-at-17.45.40

There was a group gratitude thread awhile back and I'm sorry to have lost it and cannot seem to locate it through search. Might anyone know where it is?

These are such happy pictures and love the composition of the flowers! Thank you! @pocketvenus 

@pocketvenus this is amazing!!! You're so kind 💐

testing