Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@heartsmyface @Sunnysmom  I love the recent campaigns, they're so dreamy

GUCCI-BLOOM-PROFUMO-DI-FIORI-KV_jpg-1080x635

bloom-nettare-di-fiori-ad-lg

gucci-memoire-d-une-odeur-lg

@pocketvenus  That Gucci ad was inspiration of sorts for my front gardens.  I planted sooooo many wildflowers with the dream of sitting amongst them sipping iced tea in a flowy dress and watching bumble bees at work.  At this time I have maybe twenty flowers and a lot of dirt.  Hahaha, this dream WILL come to fruition even if it takes a couple years to establish the garden.  

I share these same dreams @heartsmyface @pocketvenus @Samtian and so far nope! 😩 Also, our lavender and tomatoes have been a fail this year! 🙃 Do we have a garden thread on here? 🤔 I need to look if so! 

@Sunnysmom Ooo, a gardening thread could be fun 🙂

@Sunnysmom That would be a good idea for a thread!

Who are the gardening gurus on here @Samtian @pocketvenus ?! Can’t be me trust me. 😂 it would be fun to share ideas and also can be so calming to look at beautiful spaces! 

@Sunnysmom I have black thumbs when it comes to gardening. But I want to learn!

@heartsmyface That sounds like my cottage core dream. 

@heartsmyface Oh my god, I just started gardening and I have no idea what I'm doing. I planted some orange flowers, I can't even remember their name. I just bought them based on the little "care tag" which only showed their blooms and said it was very easy to grow. I should have researched how TALL it would grow too, because now there are all these random 2 feet tall flowers that are sticking out among the much shorter plants like bright orange lollies and look realllly haphazard and silly 😂 I also planted a bunch of lavender last year, imagining they would just grow in an orderly manner, something like this

Oregon-Hood-River-Lavender-Tamara-20

buuuuut in reality it's very scraggly and asymmetrical, growing all over the place!! Sort of like the photo below but with lots of flowers... I had no idea you have to trim these things to make them look nice ha ha. 

rejuvenate-old-lavender

However, the lavender smells amazing and the bees and butterflies don't seem to care 🙂 Keep at it, you'll keep learning and soon have your dreamy Gucci garden 🌼

@pocketvenus  ha, but at least they grew!!! I didn’t  know that about lavender so I've learned something new today!  I have a couple tomato plants I didn’t know I was supposed to prune before they were taller than me so the tomato vines are being supported by husband made little hammocks so the weight of the fruit doesn’t break them.   I’ll know for next year.  It’s a fun process learning how to care for plants!  

@heartsmyface Yes! I used to think of cultivated plants like vegetables as "wild" so didn't require much care as long as you planted them in a good spot and like, weren't being attacked by locusts. But I'm realizing they are more like domesticated animals and benefit greatly from human help 🙂

Wow @pocketvenus , they really are! I love the mess of different things thrown in on them! 

@Sunnysmom Yes, the house has gone very eclectic 🙂 

Oh yes @heartsmyface @llama love ❤️ 👏👍

blackkitty2014_0-1657567478611.gif

blackkitty2014_1-1657567521500.gif

@blackkitty2014  inserting song ‘walking on sunshine’ 😄 

@heartsmyface I need glitter. My toddler has been biting and hitting me since we started quarantine a week and a half ago.  (It eventually turned into isolation because he got COVID and then passed it on to the rest of us.)

9E746A73-E695-48A7-B0DB-E643F16B1FAC.gif

55251E0F-C642-41BF-80CC-F16F3E7DB0A6.gif

@itscarin Sorry to hear this! I hope you all have mild cases and recover swiftly. 

I’m so sorry to hear you guys have covid @itscarin , get well and through it all soon. 💞

@itscarin  I am sorry to hear you all caught Covid. Hope you guys feel better soon ♥️

I'm sorry you all have COVID, @itscarin! Get well soon and I hope your son feels better about life, soon! 

@itscarin - I'm sorry to hear you and your family have COVID!  Best wishes for a quick recovery and that your son will be less aggressive soon!  (((HUG)))

Titian06_0-1657582074270.png

testing