Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Titian06 @Yes I love when it’s light out longer too!!

Oh man guys, same with me about bugs. @Kim888 I can’t sleep knowing there is one around lurking and I even have nightmares about them. Worst. I’ve been this way forever.  So sorry you feel this way too! I’m just not sure how to get over this fear , mine never goes away. 😫 Yes, yay for spring! 

@Sunnysmom it is stressful! Yeah I’ve been that way since I was a kid too - nothing bad happened though so who knows why ! 

Same @Kim888 no traumatizing events! Except the random crickets and spiders that appear. Maybe it’s their speed that freaks me out too! Yuk. Lol. 

Oh ugh, I hate bugs, too. Particularly spiders but I even hate catching bugs I know are harmless. @Kim888 . I've been doing ok but work has been crazy busy. I'm looking forward to visiting colleges with my younger son this summer.

@curlychiquita @Hopefully it slows done at work soon! College visits are an exciting time -m! Hopefully he will find something that suits him!

Hopefully it doesn’t come back @Kim888 ! 

@Kim888 Aww sorry to hear about the bug.  Hopefully it doesn't come back.  Hope your day gets better.

@SportyGirly125 thanks! very minor in the scheme of things but as it goes - it’s not come back so fingers crossed ! 

I'm glad things are better for you now, @Mirilu!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and thanksgiving! Glad to see some people south of the border getting boosters and I wish we could see way more first shots getting in arms around the world.

On my end, I learned today that my friend was just diagnosed with cancer. I'm worried our hospitals will get slammed right when she needs treatment. This is the third person close to me who's received a cancer diagnosis since the pandemic hit who needed treatment while our hospitals are basically under siege and dealing with a massive backlog of treatments. Thankfully the first two are ok now and in remission but it doesn't seem to stop 😞 I'm worried the stress is just getting to people. She's in her early 30s, no family history, it's really quite a shock. She loves Sephora and I was just putting together a fun little makeup package for her and now I'm like, ugggggg, is this stuff just full of carcinogens T_T Now it's back to putting together a care package full of "wellness" stuff like tumeric milk mix and healthy/easy items to cook when you feel like total crap from chemo. 😞 Thanks for listening and I hope everyone is hanging in there!!!

free-kittys-vector 

@pocketvenus I'm sorry to hear about your friend, that sounds very stressful! Hopefully people will get boosters and the hospitals won't get too crazy!

@pocketvenus Sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis.  I hope she gets better!  

I'm sorry to hear about your friends' cancers, @pocketvenus Cancer when someone is young is always such a shock. ☹️ I hope her hospital can treat her quickly.

@pocketvenus I'm so sorry you had to go through that 3x with different friends. Even one cancer diagnosis news is a lot to handle. I hope they have speedy recoveries as they undergo treatment. You are such a kind friend for putting together items for them to enjoy 💛

@Guessgal Thank you for your kindness 🌼 The first two are in remission and I hope for the same ❤️

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend (and your other friends too). Cancer sucks, but I’m sure she’s got great doctors looking out for her. I’m sure she will appreciate the care package. @pocketvenus 💕💗💕

@sister13 Yes, thankfully she is going to Princess Margaret, a hospital in Toronto that specializes in cancer and has many top doctors. Very grateful to all healthworkers at this time! 🏥

@pocketvenus I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Y'all are in my thoughts. ❤️

@txcatx Thank you 🙏❤️

@pocketvenus Sorry to hear about your friend.  

testing