Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@SportyGirly125 Thank you! <333

@pocketvenus 

I’m really sad to hear this friend 🤍 I don’t think our hospitals are at that point again. I have hope for your friend. I recently just had to have emergency surgery at a hospital in the city you live in and they discovered some not so great stuff that I’m waiting on the biopsy results for. So I totally hear you. 🤍🤍

I'm so sorry to hear this, @GG84. I hope you get better news when you get the results. 💗

@GG84 You're absolutely right, our hospitals are okay, I was just projecting my omicron worries but I shouldn't since there's so much we don't know! I hope you're recovering from your surgery swiftly and your test results turn out to be fine <333 Sending you lots of scented good vibes. Thank you for thinking of me, you're in my thoughts as well <333

00sl_fragrancebuying-articleLarge

b7a2f0d9092ff30709d51eadc93f5435

@GG84 

@GG84 - I'm sorry to hear about your surgery and biopsy!  I hope your recovery is quick and the biopsy news is positive!  I'll keep you in my thoughts.  🙏💞

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend @pocketvenus. Sending positive thoughts and prayers❤️

@pocketvenus - I'm sorry to read about your friend!  Best wishes to her.  You and she are in my thoughts.  🙏💞  I'm scheduled for my booster this Thursday.

@Titian06 Thank you <333 There's still a lot of tests to be run so we don't know how serious the situation is yet. I'm really hoping she caught it super early which is common because our province has a pretty decent screening program. The treatment tends to be straightforward with a very high success rate. And thanks for sharing your booster news!!! 💯👏

@pocketvenus Sorry to hear about your friend. My friend went thru chemo last year during the pandemic and this year the doctors are trying to put her in a clinical trial because whatever they gave her did worse not better. We’re praying together for our friends get through it. 🙏🌹

@blackkitty2014 oh no!!! Cancer treatment can be so brutal. I hope your friend gets better🕯

Well, how do I put this…. I haven’t been dealing well with my parents deaths and sought out a private psychiatrist cause I’ve been an utter mess (and the ones through the public health system have a waiting list of nine to fifteen months) and just haven’t been able to readjust to life and daily activities or even function.    I've  been diagnosed with and have had asd1 and adhd all this time and what I was really experiencing was autistic burnout.  That explains why I’ve always felt weird and like I’ve always been missing something i just couldn’t place.  Autism tends to present differently in girls than it does in boys.  We’re better able to mask it, hide our ticks and stimming better due to how we’re socialized from a young age. My hyper interest in makeup even went undetected cause who doesn’t love endless makeup and skincare advice or makeovers?  I had no idea and have been trying to get treatment my whole life being told I was just a bit depressed or anxious and that  I needed to try harder to form bonds and attachments to overcome that depression and anxiety.  And I have tried and succeeded to some extent in being social yet I’ve struggled in doing so.  I make and try to maintain friends because being a part of a social circle makes me happy and gives me a sense of belonging but it’s also mentally exhausting deciphering social cues and trying not to mess up with social nuances which is why I periodically go MIA ( what I call hermit mode).  
I’m still processing and learning what all this means to/for me but thought I’d share.  

@heartsmyface I’m glad you finally got the correct diagnosis. I know you got this. Sending all the good vibes your way 🌹

@heartsmyface I'm glad you've been getting help and your new diagnosis is making more sense for you ❤️ You've been through a rough time, please keep taking care of yourself!

@heartsmyface sending hugs your way! I work with a wide range of kids and adults on the spectrum and they all present so differently. I’m glad you were able to get the right diagnosis and are heading to happier and healthier future you. I think we sometimes forget to be kind to ourselves and feel pressure to fit into whatever roles we’ve fallen into 24/7. It’s definitely ok to take a break from that pressure now and then. Here on BIC we love you no matter what! XO

@makeitup305   Thank you for your kind words and also for all the help you provide to the asd community:). 

@heartsmyface ,

I'm sorry that you have gone through such rough times!  I'm so sorry for the loss of your parents.  I lost my Mom during this time also.

You were brave and sought the help that you needed!  That's awesome, really.  Not everyone would do that.  Not everyone would share their situation, either.  You are a very special person!  I'm glad that you are so positive and that you have found some answers to the questions that you have had for so long!  Hugs to you!  Always in your corner!

@tsavorite Awww thank you.  And big hugs to you.  I hope you’ve been coping alright? 

@heartsmyface @My condolences for your loss. I’m glad you found someone to talk to who is helpful. You definitely have a lot on your plate. I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts.  

@itscarin   Thank you:) 

@heartsmyface  Huge hugs. I am so sorry you have been dealing with so much alone. I am always here to talk if you need someone to talk to. 

testing