Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

38FF0CE1-0C61-409A-9C24-D7D5F1326796.gif

@heartsmyface  I am so glad you were able to get the right diagnosis.💗

@faeriegirl   Thank you!  big sigh of relief! 

Big hugs to you, @heartsmyface ! I’m glad you got the diagnosis. Be easy on yourself, this has been an unbelievably hard 2 years! Love you! 💕💕💕

@sister13   For real though!  This has been by far the worst segment/chapter of my life.  There’s hope in that cause it has to get better.  It already is improving.  Hopefully for you as well.   ☀️🌸

@heartsmyface I'm so very sorry you are having a terrible time with your parents deaths!! My 7 year old son has been diagnosed with ASD and wow has he come a long way!! The spectrum is exactly that and I'm sure you already know some people have major symptoms and some you couldn't tell by first meeting them. Your food choices also will effect your symptoms. Anytime my son's routine is effected, he gets extremely irritable... Even if someone is visiting the house, later in the day he will be very short tempered. I'm here for you!! I've learned so much!! Anything you want to talk about ever, just pm me sweet beauty

@lmaster  Thank you.  It’s kind of cool how many of us have children on the spectrum.  My 19 year old is as well!  - and a good number of our friends are too- like a disproportionality large number of our friends (in the computer security industry so what a cliché!) I just never noticed I was similar cause a lot of traits are below the surface and we don’t actually bring it up and make it a thing.  

Thank you!  I’m sure we have a lot of common grounds and pointers to share.  

@heartsmyface absolutely!!! Everybody learns differently, just have to figure out the best way! My son is a visual learner, and has auditory memory with language disorder, so he struggles sometimes to find the right words, but with therapy oh my gosh it has just changed everything for him! Good luck to you on your journey and all the positive vibes I can give your way are coming!! ❤️

@lmaster   I’m just imagining the frustration when you can’t find the right words and trying to multiply it by 1000.  he’s so lucky to have you.  That’s so wonderful therapy has really paid off for him and he’s making progress.  Your enthusiasm has me all teared up cause EVERY little development is such a big deal! 

@heartsmyface yes he does get frustrated,,, but it's usually when someone tries to finish what he's saying, he has to get it out himself. He's such a sweet and loving kid. It takes a village!! And members of BIC are in my village 😊😘 🤗

@heartsmyface that's quite a lot to go through all at once.  I'm glad your new psychiatrist has helped you with your grief from your parents' deaths, and also with your newly diagnosed asd and adhd. Having those diagnoses will help you so much. It sounds like you're in a better place. I hope you feel even better soon. 

@curlychiquita   Oh gosh yes, being treated for the adhd alone has been world altering but in such a subtle way.  I’m already feeling better.  Lots of work to go but it’s off to a good start:).  I appreciate all the support from you and everyone here too.  

@heartsmyface - I'm sorry you're going through such a difficult time!  I understand what you're going through.  My entire life, I was diagnosed as chronically depressed, but I knew there was more to it than that.  It wasn't until my 40s that I was diagnosed as bipolar.  Now that you have the correct diagnosis, you'll receive the correct therapy and treatment.  You'll eventually begin to feel better, but it will take time.  Hang in there!  (((HUG)))  💖💖💖

@Titian06   Thank you.  I’m glad you were eventually able to get properly diagnosed. I’m sorry you had a similar experience being treated for the wrong thing and not knowing why treatment wasn’t effective.   Best wishes on your journey.  I don’t mind it taking time as long as theres hope- which there is now. 

@heartsmyface I'm so sorry to hear about your losses, but I'm glad to know that you're seeking the help you need. I also got diagnosed with some issues when I sought help after my dad's death last year, and I feel like life makes so much more sense now that I know how my brain works. But I don't want to make this about me--just wanted to say that I know what that's like, and thanks for sharing your story!

@txcatx  awww i hope you’re doing and feeling  better now.  All the preexisting hidden issues come to the surface when your life is shaken up.  Then you’re expected to find a new balance but you were barely balancing before you lost an important part of that balance.  Ha does that make sense?  

@heartsmyface I am really sorry, especially that you have had to manage all of your life (almost) without the clarity you needed to help you properly sort things out for yourself. Kudos on getting the help you need, and for finding someone to help you along the journey. I hope you are gentle on yourself, and give yourself the time and space you need to continue to heal. Hugs from over here, too 💗💗💗  

@heartsmyface I've been thinking about you lately. I'm so sorry things got as bad as they have for you, but I'm also glad you were able to get help and connect the pieces and get an accurate diagnoses! 

@Samtian   Thanks:) 

Thinking of you @heartsmyface 💞.

@Sunnysmom Thank you.  

testing