Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Kim888  Thank you.  Things are already looking up.  I just can’t believe it took this long to figure it out. 

@heartsmyface Awww....I just want to give you a hug.  Thank you for sharing something so private with us.  I hope that you get the help that you need to overcome this and I am so sorry for your losses.  I feel like we all have stuff going on and the pandemic didn't help any of it.

If you ever need to talk you know where to find me.

Hugs 🤗

@SportyGirly125 @Thank you, I appreciate that.   
In a way it’s a positive thing I burned out and couldn’t maintain the neuro typical mask I didn’t know I was wearing or I likely wouldn’t have sought out help and I’d still have this uncanny sense something was wrong with me.  At least I know what’s happening and know nothing’s terribly wrong per say.  My brain just works a little differently.  

@heartsmyface We love you just the way you are.  Perfect. 😘

spices.jpg

jojotastic-A-Golden-Hued-Thanksgiving-Floral-Centerpiece-DIY-6

Just wanted to wish everyone here a safe and healthy autumn. We've all been through a lot and I hope you are able to find the time and space to reflect on what has come to pass and I hope that you are still able to enjoy small pleasures or things to be grateful for. Sending healing vibes 💗

@faeriegirl @curlychiquita @Titian06 @blackkitty2014 Thank you for your kind words! We have really been in it for the long haul and a little kindness now can go a long way, I appreciate you!!! 💞🕯

Thank you @pocketvenus! This year has definitely been rough so I’m hoping it gets better soon for all of us❤️

Thank you, @pocketvenus! 💞 it seems like so many people I know are going through trying times right now, most often not even related to COVID or the lockdown.  I hope you're doing well! 💗

@pocketvenus - You are too kind!  Sending the same back at you!  💖💖💖

Such a sweet message @pocketvenus 🌹❤️💕🥰 I concur!

@EveMangle -- Best wishes on staying afloat. That's so hard.

My heart goes out to everyone in Louisiana today!  I hope and pray that you will all be safe!  Hurricane Ida chose an especially bad time to hit the South, of course.  Good luck to everyone in this storm's path!

I've been talking about this all day already, but still I feel like I need more outlets so here it goes:

Just got news someone I worked with passed away unexpectedly.  We had a big office announcement this morning.  I would've been sad to hear the news anyway, but seeing like 50 of my co-workers crying, too, really got me.  I've kind of been crying on and off about it all day.  It's really hard to focus on anything else.  I just keep thinking about how I "just talked to him" like 2 weeks ago over zoom.  In this day and age, when everyone is remote, seeing someone 2 weeks ago is pretty recent!

I love teleworking, but this is maybe one of those things in which it would have been nice to be in the office because we could all casually gather and check in with each other.  I texted a few co-workers, but I haven't reached out to the person-who-passed's direct reports which I feel like would be easier to do in person than over email/teams/etc. just because i'm sure they're already feeling overwhelmed with messages.

So that's all.  I hope everyone continues to stay safe, and remember, don't speed.  It's not worth it.

@itscarin  Big hugs. 

@itscarin   Big hugs.  It’s up there as one of the most awful things seeing everyone you know in tears.  It’s also rather beautiful the story sharing that results from the loss of someone and hearing the effect they had on everyone.  We’ve unfortunately had to do this for two friends in our group in the last three months.  We just happen to all work together.  There’s been way too much loss this year.  
a little advice- don’t let the assumption that people are feeling overwhelmed by messages stop you from reaching out.   They’ll feel up to them in their own time and it will feel good that you cared enough to send a message.  
Again, big hugs to you.  

@heartsmyface That is a pretty good point/advice. Better to be overwhelmed with support than underwhelmed.  Sorry you’ve dealt with so much loss this year.

I keep trying to rationalize it by saying I wasn’t really close to this person but at the end of the day he was in my “monkey sphere”. Idk who I’m going to email now when we have certain questions about our technical capabilities or policies. And then there’s just that empathy you feel for someone when they have young children. He’s leaving behind people who really depended on him so the grief I feel isn’t just for him passing but also for the loss his family is experiencing. 

it’s just sad. Thank you for sharing your advice. 

@itscarin - You have my empathy!  (((HUG)))  This happened to one of my work colleagues a couple of months ago.  It too was a car accident.  I don't have any words of wisdom except to let it out, don't keep it in!  We're here for you!

@Titian06 @Thanks, I appreciate it. 

I just wanted to pop in real quick and give everyone an update on my kitty. His labs sadly came back worse than what they were before. He also has an uptick in his white blood cell count so my vet had me bring him in to get an antibiotic shot. On the bright side he has gained a little bit of weight which is greatly needed. At this point we can only hypothesis what may be going on with him as things like exploratory surgery or a bone marrow punch is out of the question as there is a good chance he would not survive such a procedure (nor would I put him through that). She's hoping maybe he has an infection of sorts that's destroying the red blood cells and that the shot will help him. A change of his diet is currently going on and we may change his medication as well. What hurts so bad about all of this is that he's still acting like he's fine. Yes he has arthritis but he's 18 so that's par for the course. I know cats hide illnesses well, but his lab work is so confusing. If I could please ask for your continued prayers/good thoughts for clarity on what is going on and how best to treat him/help guide my vet in the right direction for care I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd understand if he was more aloof, not tending to his fur, etc but he's just acting like he normally does. I just want what's best for him and for him to be comfortable - that's the biggest thing I want is quality of life for him. I love him so much I just wish he could tell me what he needs.

Oh man @niki172 my heart hurts for you so badly and I empathize with what you’re dealing with, it’s just so so hard. The price of the love for them is very tough isn’t it. He knows how much care and love you’re giving him for sure. Maybe it’s a blessing they act so normal and just live in the moment too. Big hug to you. 🤗😘

@Sunnysmom I'm not sure who said it but the quote goes "Grief is the price we pay for love." I mean that pretty much sums up life doesn't it? My littlest one got into a freak accident tonight (he's perfectly fine) but he got caught up in a long electrical cable that I didn't even know he could get to as it's a celling light fixture and I just thank God that my husband was home to help get him out of it (his height and also his calm demeanor was what I needed desperately). I was screaming for a pair of scissors as I was 1000% freaked out trying to get him loose. Later on he informed me that there was a chance that I would have electrocuted myself which I didn't think about nor did I really care about. He fixed it so that the cable is up now and we moved a coffee table so he (the kitten) doesn't have a launch pad anymore. This whole week coupled with me having migraines the last 3 days I'm done with officially. What I would give for some good news from somewhere or someone would be greatly appreciated. I mean someone I know could win $5 and I would be so happy for them. So much bad news this week from so many of my family members *sigh* maybe I need to go look at the haul thread and live vicariously thru people 💙.

testing