Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Oh man @niki172 you are going through it. Wow. I’m so sorry for your headaches too. You need that “Calgon take me away “ moment for sure. So thankful YOU are ok. Good grief. (That’s an odd funny phrase too if you think about it right. ) Yup that’s the quote. 😢 It’s so fitting too many times sadly. Buddy says he would love to come and give a proper sized hug to his Auntie Niki about now. Tho your kitties would have nothing to do with him I’m sure!! Hang in there. My first thought tho it would mess with your headaches- WINE!! Nope. 

@niki172 Your poor little guy. I hope he improves. I know from personal experience the difficulty of medical treatment in an older pet and quality of life. I am keeping you guys in my thoughts.

Awwwww @niki172 🙏❤️ 

@niki172 I hope his normal behaviour means he's not suffering. Hang in there! Sending more healing vibes  

@niki172 ,

I'm sending you and your kitty my best wishes and sending prayers on your behalf. I think it's a good thing that your kitty is gaining weight and acting normal. I have lots of empathy for what you are going through.  We who love our pets all get to take turns going through situations like this.  Enjoy the good moments and the good days!

@niki172, sending love and prayers for you and your kitty. Stay strong. 

@niki172 - Thank you so much for your update!  You and your kitty are still in my thoughts (((HUG)))  (((SCRITCH, SCRITCH)))  I think the best thing is he is acting himself.  My cat, Titian (yes, that's who I'm named after, in her memory) had renal failure.  I gave her IVs every day, took her to a clinic over an hour away every two weeks, and she had 3 blood transfusions.  The best decision I ever made!  After each transfusion, she was "her old Titian self" (my description).  She lived for 9 more months!  But one day she told me it was time.  It just happened we had an appointment scheduled at the clinic that day for her fourth transfusion,  but I knew it would not help.  I had her euthanized instead.  Your kitty may not be able to tell you exactly what's wrong, but he'll let you know when it's time.  I've had 5 cats; 4 of them told me--No. 5 is 15 and doesn't show any signs of slowing down!  I'm sure he'll tell me too, but I can't worry about that.  I want to enjoy the time we have left!  You do the same!  😘

@Titian06 I've thought about asking for a transfusion but I'm not sure if my vet offers it. I know my one cat that's 3 years old could be a donor as he's healthy. It may be something I ask her about before our next visit. I do the fluids as well, but since he has such little body fat it's hard to get the subq in there. Whenever I take him in they give him fluids for me. As his kidneys are still in good shape according to labs I'm focused on trying to get his red count up and also his weight. BJ is cat number 2 for me - my first kitty thankfully passed away at home, but I saw the signs for a few months. He lived to be 17 and BJ is almost/is 18. I know I've given him a good and wonderful life - it's just really hard to let go as you know well.

@niki172 Sending prayers your way.

Thank you for the update, @niki172. I am keeping up hope and prayers for your little kitty. And for you, this must be hard on you. I wish they could talk, it would make so many things that much easier! Then again, it is the quiet companionship that makes them so special. Hugs 🤗 

My boyfriend had to break up with me last night. He said it was because he didn't like sneaking behind his parents' back and dating me. Honestly, I cried so dang hard. I would love some prayers/virtual hugs right now. 

@FullCoverageBB Sorry you’re going through this. You’re better off not being in that kind of situation. I was in a relationship with a guy was keeping me a secret from his parents. It’s just painful and stressful.

@FullCoverageBB sweet beauty,, if you have to sneak around,,, it's not meant to be, you will be treated better in time lovely!! Until then, keep your head up and know, you are worth more

@lmaster, thank you so much. His parents have quite..unusual rules when it comes to dating. So that's why we had to sneak around. But it did suck that we couldn't do anything a "normal" teen couple could. 

Oh so painful @FullCoverageBB , we’ve all been there and it hurts so badly! I’m so sorry. Hugs to you! Keep playing with all the makeup. It’ll help! And he’ll see what he missed out on all the more too. 😘🤗🥰 

@Sunnysmom, that means so much. Thank you!! ❤️ ❤️ 

@FullCoverageBB I'm sorry you're going through this, please take care of yourself!

@pocketvenus, thank you. Yesterday, the day after the breakup, I did my makeup and honestly felt sooooo much better. ❤️

@FullCoverageBB 💄💅❤️

@tjffc@SportyGirly125@tsavorite@eshoe@faeriegirl, your kindness means the world to me. Thank you so much. I'm feeling better now. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Hugs for you, @FullCoverageBB !  I'm so sorry that this is so upsetting for you.  I hope and pray that this will work out for the best and that you will also be comforted❣️

testing