Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Thank you, @FullCoverageBB, every day is a little better:)

Such great news @eshoe , continued healing for them! Know it’s still tricky but at least you can breathe better now. 🤗

Yes, @Sunnysmom! It feels less touch and go, which is a tremendous relief.

Biggest of Hugs going out to you @eshoe .  I know you've still got a lot going on, but it's a giant step in the right direction.  I hope you feel a bit of the weight lifted. xoxo

Thank you so much @missjeanie 🤗 I feel a bit like I am treading water, but at least the shore is in sight.

@eshoe This is great news - thank you for the update ❤️ Hoping for a smooth recovery from here 🙂

You’re welcome, @pocketvenus, thank you for caring☺️ I hope the worst is behind and even though it may be a slow recovery, that it will happen.

@eshoe ,

Wow!  That's great news!  I'm very glad to hear that both your parents are not in the hospital now.  I hope that the worst is over and that your Mom and Dad will get better and better every day!  ❣️❣️❣️

I am so grateful too, @tsavorite! Now if they can just do what they need to do to recover. Updates are far and few between right now but that is good, at least☺️

Sorry to hear about your parents @eshoe. Hopefully they are on the mend.

Thank you very much, @Loretta55. They are both back home and it sounds like they are resting. My Mom rarely sits still so this is probably a huge adjustment for her. 

I am so glad that both of your parents are at home now and feeling better @eshoe. I am sure that your mom probably realizes that she will need to slow down at least temporarily.

One would think so, @Loretta55. She has an astonishing amount of sheer will, for sure. She sounded upbeat today so it’s a good place to start.

@eshoe I am so sorry to hear about this. I am wishing your parents the best and speediest recovery possible. I know this has been very scary and you are handling it far better than I could. Please know I am thinking of you and your family often and sending as much positivity and love as possible.

Thank you @sprocketta, it has certainly been  very trying for everyone. It will be a relief (and I cannot wait!) when this is finally behind me, but in the meantime I am learning to see the bright spots in the muck. 

My PM limit hit me this evening, I will try again in a bit.

@eshoe I know this sounds ridiculous, but you should be proud of how you are handling this. It's crazy stressful and you're keeping it together.

My mind has pretty much had to go into auto-pilot mode, @sprocketta. I have been forgetting simple/small things so much in the past few days now I have to remind myself it’s just stress. But I feel a little all over the place right now.

I'm so happy for you @eshoe ! I really hope that the antibody serum helps him out as much as it did my Dad. I hope they're both feeling great soon 💞.

Thank you, @niki172. He is still very weak but I expect that to be the case for awhile. He was out laying a new deck for two days before he came down with it, so he was already physically taxed. They both need to be at home resting, which is what I hope they will do now.

I was so encouraged by your story about your Dad, thank you for sharing and helping me over the hump of a few rough days:)

@eshoe my Dad (who is a work alcoholic - like it's seriously ridiculous) was so tired he didn't even get on his laptop to work from home he just slept and slept (kinda like Jenny in Forest Gump). I hope both your parents do the same as everyone knows rest is best when your body is going through an illness. It sounds like they're both on their way to a speedy recovery and I'm so very happy for you and I'm glad they got the care that they needed ❤️.

I'm so glad I could be of some help to you - if there's anything I can help you with please let me know. Even with my Mom being negative it was still upsetting to me as I made her stay home while I went and got groceries etc just in case so she didn't have so much on her plate either. I think as kids we grow up thinking our parents are like super heroes and then something like this comes along and shatters that image in our minds. Don't worry - I know in my heart of hearts that your Mom and Dad will be back to normal soon 😘.

@niki172my Dad is a workaholic, too! It has only been in the last few years that he stopped waking up around 3:30/4am. I don’t know how he had the energy. I don’t think he has any choice but to rest now💗

1 Reply
testing