Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@eshoe  I’m so very sorry. You must feel so frightened, and that must be so very difficult not to be able to actually make contact. I will be praying for them both. That’s really encouraging that the hospital sounds like they have plenty of good resources and staff available to provide good care. Please keep us updated, and massive hugs and love to you. 💗

Thank you very much, @PrettyPaint. I am just so grateful that at least my Mom has an iPhone so we can communicate in different ways. My Dad is just stubborn and didn't want a fancy phone. 

ps you will forever be my Notification buddy 😄 

No, I'm so sorry! @eshoe I hope they get better very soon with as less complications as possible. This is so tough to not be able to comfort him. Im relieved he is getting the care and attention he deserves. My positive thoughts and wellness vibes are with you and your family🤗❤️

Thank you @Buootiful. It is especially helpful to know he is in a place where he is being looked after 24/7. 

@eshoe 

I’m so sorry to hear that. I’m hoping for a speedy recovery for both your dad and mom. 

Thank you for your kind words, @GG84. I really appreciate it. 

@eshoe I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope that they make a speedy recovery. You already have so much other things to worry about. 

Thank you @SportyGirly125. I am just hoping for small improvements each day.

@eshoe my heart goes out to you and your family!! Stay strong! We're all here for you always!! 😔 I'm so very sorry

Thank you, sweet @lmaster . I’ve never had both parent sick like this at the same time. They are each other’s rock! Just hoping this passes soon.

@eshoe 🙏❤️

@eshoe I am so sorry and saying a prayer for you and your folks tonight. Glad they have you. Thinking of you with a hug 🤗😘

Thank you, @Sunnysmom ☺️🙏🏼 My Mom is home now, but being separated from him is so hard on her. My parents were always incredibly active and strong, so to see and hear them both so weak simultaneously is tough. I appreciate your prayer and sending a hug back at ya🤗

That would be so tough @eshoe , what a challenging year(s) this is turning out to be. Sending love! 🤗

Yes, this year looked much different in my mind, @Sunnysmom. But I think there are a lot of positives in that, one year into this, more is known about it, so the level of care should be much better.

@eshoe oh I'm so sorry. My Dad (who was convinced he wouldn't get it - he wore masks and washed his hands all the time he's just one of those "I don't get sick" kind of people) was diagnosed with Covid a little over 3 weeks ago. Luckily he was a recipient of the antibody therapy and made a really quick recovery with no hospital stay even with his age and an autoimmune disorder. I mean we all know how very lucky he is and also that he didn't give it to my Mom either. I hope your Dad comes home soon ❤️ (((hugs)))

Sorry to hear about your dad @niki172 . Glad to hear that you he is feeling better.

@niki172 is the antibody therapy an infusion? They both had one in the ER yesterday. They had a hard time finding a hospital that had it and would do it without being admitted. My Dad was admitted afterwards. 

That is wonderful that your Dad recovered, especially with a pre-existing condition. Very, very encouraging to hear and that is medicine to my 💗! Thank you for sharing 😊  

@eshoe yes it is an infusion. They've had great success with this form of therapy, but a lot of doctors from other states have come forward frustrated because they can't get their hospital admins to stock the therapy and/or make space to set up an infusion clinic so people don't have to be admitted (I think the NYT did a story about it). I live 20 minutes from Eli Lily which is one of the 2 manufactures of the serum so here in Indiana it's easier to get. I'm sorry you had such a hard time trying to get what is essentially life saving medication for your Dad. I hope both of your parents get better soon! We've known 3 people that have gotten the infusion (all adults over 65 with some kind of preexisting conditions) and they got over their illness quite quickly and without any major issues such as having to go on a ventilator. I hope more states/hospitals start this therapy soon as the science behind it (along with the data from people that have been receiving the infusion) is very promising!

Oh @niki172 this is such great news to hear! Yes, they had a very difficult time finding a place as the first outpatient place that supposedly did it no longer stocked it. I did not read that article but now I am going to search for it. Just found it, going to read it this afternoon. It is incredibly encouraging to hear how well the individuals you know responded to it. Thank you ❤️

Aw, @eshoe, I'm sending you virtual hugs. I hope both your Dad and your Mom are ok. Please keep us up to date on your Dad's hospital stay. 💗

2 Replies
testing