Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@niki172 is the antibody therapy an infusion? They both had one in the ER yesterday. They had a hard time finding a hospital that had it and would do it without being admitted. My Dad was admitted afterwards. 

That is wonderful that your Dad recovered, especially with a pre-existing condition. Very, very encouraging to hear and that is medicine to my 💗! Thank you for sharing 😊  

@eshoe yes it is an infusion. They've had great success with this form of therapy, but a lot of doctors from other states have come forward frustrated because they can't get their hospital admins to stock the therapy and/or make space to set up an infusion clinic so people don't have to be admitted (I think the NYT did a story about it). I live 20 minutes from Eli Lily which is one of the 2 manufactures of the serum so here in Indiana it's easier to get. I'm sorry you had such a hard time trying to get what is essentially life saving medication for your Dad. I hope both of your parents get better soon! We've known 3 people that have gotten the infusion (all adults over 65 with some kind of preexisting conditions) and they got over their illness quite quickly and without any major issues such as having to go on a ventilator. I hope more states/hospitals start this therapy soon as the science behind it (along with the data from people that have been receiving the infusion) is very promising!

Oh @niki172 this is such great news to hear! Yes, they had a very difficult time finding a place as the first outpatient place that supposedly did it no longer stocked it. I did not read that article but now I am going to search for it. Just found it, going to read it this afternoon. It is incredibly encouraging to hear how well the individuals you know responded to it. Thank you ❤️

Aw, @eshoe, I'm sending you virtual hugs. I hope both your Dad and your Mom are ok. Please keep us up to date on your Dad's hospital stay. 💗

Thank you @curlychiquita, that really means a lot to me right now. 

2021-01-20 06.48.11.jpg

Hi all just checking in I don't post on this thread much but I wanted to check in and get some stress off of my chest.  a couple weeks ago my Achilles tendinitis got to the point where needed a boot and I got a shot of cortisone. I am unable to work until my follow up where i can reassess. so far its been about two weeks, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can after the 9th which is the day of  my follow-up.  I really want to get back to work and i miss my friends. 

Hope you feel better @WhereYouStand !

thank you @Kim888 ^_^

@WhereYouStand that does not look fun

I hope you recover quickly and well.

@sprocketta thank you. I have my first PT appt. tomorrow. if three weeks of PT doesn't help then i have to look into surgery which I'm trying not to think about until I have to. someone told me worrying about things you can't control is like shoveling smoke so I tell myself not to shovel smoke whenever i get in a loop about it. 

@WhereYouStand ,

That sounds horrible!  I'm so sorry that you are going through this.   It sounds painful and Yucky!  Usually things get better with time and treatment.  I hope that this will be the case for you, and quickly, too!  You'll be so happy to see your friends again and they will be happy to see you.  I hope that will be very soon.  I hope that there are some things that you can enjoy about your time off work.  I went through something similar once (with my ankle, but not my achilles tendon) with 3 months off from work, so I can identify with what you are going through.  It's hard.

Take care, and good luck!

@tsavorite thanks much appreciated I'm sorry you had to go three months off without work and seeing friends too. and I am glad you made it back to work. as for hobbies. I just resigned up for nextflix again and will try to binge watch another season of supernatural. slowly chipping away at finishing that series.  and  I am researching hobbies to pick up when i can walk around more. so far there is one item on the list. which is to try out flatlay photography. likely this is a OTT goal for someone like me whom knows nothing about photography but hobbies typically start out at a beginner level anyways.

@WhereYouStand @I hope you get better soon!

@itscarin thanks ^_^ me too. 

Good luck, @WhereYouStand! The Achilles tendon can be such a problem. 😔

thanks @curlychiquita it's proving to be pretty stubborn. 

🙏 for a speedy recovery!! @WhereYouStand 

thanks very much @lmaster  that's kind and I appreciate good vibes being sent my way. 

I hope you recover quickly @WhereYouStand ❤️

@faeriegirl me too. thank you. ^_^

@WhereYouStand  Oh no. I’m so sorry. Such a painful thing to go through. I hope it gets better soon. 

testing