Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

That's both bad and good to hear, @KehDee. Hospitals are a blessing when you need them. Good luck and I'll be thinking of you! 

Thank you @curlychiquita  its what I needed to do

Just checking in again. I’ve been struggling lately. I had a really hard time on Christmas because I couldn’t celebrate with my grandma. But it was great to be with the family I live with and watch my daughter have a wonderful day. I was all alone for New Years and that always is difficult for me. I’m working on a mentally and physically healthier me so I’m hoping that starts to pay off soon. Take care of yourselves lovelies!

@KehDee @Aw big hugs.   I’m so sorry youre having a rough time.  Just a few more months of this and we’ll be through it and looking back in relief.  
yeah while we wait it’s good to pull out the whole arsenal of coping tools... essential oils, meditation, baths, massages (if you can persuade someone to dole one out in exchange for snacks) yoga, long walks, healthy diet, therapy and talking it out.   It’s taking everything to stay some semblance of alright and it’s completely understandable to not be okay and need help. 

54AA57AD-31FA-4E41-B6A3-44FD3A4D0B3E.gif

@KehDee  Stay positive!! Hopefully things get better soon.  I’m sure your daughter had an amazing Christmas!! I’ve been struggling lately as well. It’s been so long years since I have seen my family. Really hoping I make it home this year. Physically struggling to stay motivated. I’ve been taking time to declutter my house and throw out things I don’t use (or donate it) I find it’s been helping me keep in a good head space. My husband says I have made our house feel like a spa. I’m taking that as a good thing. I may have too many diffusers in the house. But it makes me feel better so I’m going with it. If you need anything support or someone to talk to I’m always here for you!!! Xoxox 

Hang in there, @KehDee ❤️ I hope the hospital staff are taking good care of you!

@ather Spa vibes sounds wonderful. I ordered a bunch of new essential oils and my diffuser is working double time these days

blog12

@pocketvenus  I have a diffuser in every room of my house and 2 in my bedroom!! Do you have a favourite oil? 

@ather I like to create my own blends ❤️ I kind of have go-to bases like lavender & sage or frankincense & myrrh and then I add other oils.

@KehDee its definitely been a struggle and I feel deeply for you!! Try to stay positive,,, I'm at the point where,, I'm grateful to just be alive everyday 😌 we will get through this!! 

@lmaster  I totally agree!! I feel blessed I still have a job to go to. 

@ather I can't even express how sad I am for all these people that have lost their job.... Struggling to pay bills,,, it has to end

@KehDee I'm sorry that you are struggling - I completely understand and appreciate where you are coming from. I miss my family and friends as well as we stayed home for the New Year and basically did nothing. I hope that you feel better soon and if you need help please reach out I know that there are people here that would love to help any way that they can. Exercise can help lift your spirits (and I say this begrudgingly lol) even if it's just dancing to songs on the radio. I know that I am working on getting back into shape as I let myself go due to throwing in the towel and just eating junk. Good luck and sending you a virtual (((hug))).

Checking in again myself. Home alone on Christmas but had a really nice zoom call with my family to open presents. I have a special dinner planned. It's very strange but I'm not a down as I expected to be. Take care of yourselves everyone!

@sprocketta  Take care!! Virtual hugs!!

@ather thanks lovely! Right back at you.

Hugs @sprocketta  it can be hard to be alone during the holidays so I’m glad it wasn’t as bad as you were thinking and you got some online family time. 

Thanks @KehDee 

@sprocketta your dinner looked delish! We did our presents over zoom also and although it was "different" we still had a very enjoyable time too 🙂 

@CC3616 that's how I felt. It was weird but not sad like I expected. Getting to see people's faces when they open presents is my favorite part of Christmas so I am glad I got that.

Ahhh it looks like such a wonderful dinner, @sprocketta - the bun even looks like my grandma’s. Must have scented your home up just right:) these were the Rosemary sprigs for my dinner. Sautéed is so yummy. 

2669EEBE-FA42-4D5F-82A7-6F05536FF6CC.jpeg

@eshoe ,

I love rosemary in cooking.  How did you use your sauteed rosemary?

testing