Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@sprocketta your dinner looked delish! We did our presents over zoom also and although it was "different" we still had a very enjoyable time too 🙂 

@CC3616 that's how I felt. It was weird but not sad like I expected. Getting to see people's faces when they open presents is my favorite part of Christmas so I am glad I got that.

Ahhh it looks like such a wonderful dinner, @sprocketta - the bun even looks like my grandma’s. Must have scented your home up just right:) these were the Rosemary sprigs for my dinner. Sautéed is so yummy. 

2669EEBE-FA42-4D5F-82A7-6F05536FF6CC.jpeg

@eshoe ,

I love rosemary in cooking.  How did you use your sauteed rosemary?

I sprinkled it on my filet, @tsavorite. I ordered from Blue Apron last year and learned so many cooking tips that were new to me. This was one of them, and it is so good I even snack on a bit:) Do you have something favorite you like adding it to?

@eshoe ,

I tuck rosemary sprigs under the skin of a chicken before putting it in the oven to roast.  It flavors the meat nicely.  I put a cut-up lemon inside the chicken, too.

Oooh I will have to try that @tsavorite - easy and I bet it gives incredible flavor to the chicken. I usually only cook chicken breasts but a roast sounds so good! Thank you for sharing 🙂

@eshoe ,

If the chicken breasts still have skin, you could tuck rosemary under the skin.  Roast chicken is really very good.

I don't cook it often enough, thanks to the Costco Rotisserie Chicken shortcut.  Bless you, Costco!

@eshoe thanks! Rosemary has such a wonderful scent.

@sprocketta ,

I knew you could do this! 

And, Alaskan King Crab legs for dinner!  Awesome!

@tsavorite my sister had them shipped here from my favorite restaurant back home as an incredible birthday present that I gasped over when they arrived.

@sprocketta wow that’s incredible Birthday present. Happy Birthday love and happy New Year 💕❤️😍

@sprocketta ,

Happy Birthday!  Are you a December Birthday too?  That meal was a fabulous gift!

@sprocketta - I'm glad your day is going better than expected!  I'm sure your zoom call had a lot to do with that.  I spend every Christmas by myself, so it's to the point where it's just another day to me.  Enjoy your special dinner tonight!  🥳🥂🍰

Thanks @Titian06 it was quite delicious. I knocked out early after the heavy dinner and some prosecco. I got up later to walk the dog and when I came back in the scent of garlic butter was almost intoxicating.

20201225_181009.jpg

I just want to put out this friendly reminder that if you are traveling for the holidays please be cognizant of the people you may be around that have compromised immune systems/health issues. We lost a family friend and one of my coworkers in less than 36 hours this week. To say it was two quick kicks to the stomach is putting it lightly as we know the coworker got the coronavirus from his step daughter. He was in his early 50's and his only health issue was diabetes. Both the family friend and his wife had coronavirus, but we're not sure where they may have picked it up. Please wear a mask, wash your hands or at least use hand sanitizer, and stay 6 feet apart. I know this holiday season is different, and it sucks that we're not going to be around family and friends, but waiting what may be only 4-6 months to see each other versus losing someone forever is worth the wait. This makes 3 people in my life that we have lost this year due to the virus - please please please be careful. 

@niki172 So sorry for your losses, recently and this year. 

I’m so sorry also @niki172 . That is so rough. Agree with you 💯 on travel thing. Some of my family has had it and thankfully are ok so far but you just never know. What a sad tough year for so many. Breaks my heart. 💞

@niki172 I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s hard. I wish everyone just do their parts so this whole darn thing goes away. Here for better 2021 💕

@niki172 I'm so sorry for your losses. I know someone who is traveling to see her pregnant sister and thought she was out of her mind. I chose not to travel and I'm thankful for the others who have made that choice.

@niki172 ,

I'm so sorry!  I appreciate what you have to say.  I hear on the News that Christmas travel is only down by 30%.  

3 Replies
testing