Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Thank you @niki172 , I was hoping it all get sorted before holidays but let’s see.

😞 I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you, @fatimamummy. I hope you can find a solution soon.

@curlychiquita Thank you love.

@fatimamummy   Ahhh you poor thing!!  All that discomfort and they didn’t even get it in?  I’m  sorry you’re experiencing so much pain.  😞 

@heartsmyface  She is a very good doctor and yet she couldn’t understand why it wasn’t  going in , something with the curve or whatever. I hope I’ll know when I see a gynaecologist.

@fatimamummy - I'm glad your husband's back and out of quarantine!  I am so sorry for the distress your going through with you IUD!  I can definitely empathize.  (((HUG)))  💖💖💖

Thank you @Titian06  It is a relief that he is back and healthy. I hope I’ll find a resolution once I see a gynaecologist.

@fatimamummy Oh my goodness I'm so sorry you are going through that!! Hopefully it gets fixed soon! Glad your husband is back!

Thank you @Samtian  I have my fingers crossed and waiting for the appointment.

So coming back from a 4 day weekend to such spectacular cruddy news I don't know how to contain myself. So we'll start with the least serious - Chanel lost my package that had a LE lippie in it. FEDEX delivered it to Amazon supposedly. They said they'd ship me out a new lippie, but it's been over an hour and I have yet to receive an email. Next up my senior Siamese is having digestive issues (I won't go into details) so I have had to dose him medication he hates. I'm worried about him as he is older and is on the smaller size weight wise because of his ongoing belly problems. I really hope this medication works and he can keep his food as his vet won't be back for another 3 days. And finally on the note of people with the mentality of "I do what I want to do darn anyone else and their health" my pregnant SIL went to her ginourmous family gathering almost 2 weeks ago over objections from my brother. She wasn't feeling well so my brother came over to my parent's house on Thursday where everyone that gathered (a total of 6 not including him) has been quarantined anyways because of lockdowns so it should have been a safe space. He stayed away (mostly) and brought their 3 year old son. I was told he would wear a mask which was the whole reason I agreed to come over - that did not happen (we knew she didn't feel well on Thursday and she thought it was allergies I want to point that out). What did happen was that he stayed away from the food as promised. I'm sure you can guess what I'm about to say next....Yup she has Covid. I am so extremely angry right now. Not only are you risking others (she came around my mother this last Wednesday who is currently fighting breast cancer) you are risking an unborn baby just so you can go see the 9,458,315,378 people you are related to even though your husband asked you please not to. She had the gall to post pics on Facebook with her and others with their arms around each other and faces smooshed together - WTF?!?!?!!?? I just can't - the level of absolute stupidity and selfishness of the human race. I'm waiting for my brother's test results (they won't test his 3 year old) and waiting to see what my Dr says as well. 

Sorry about the rant - it's just very frustrating to see people throw caution to the wind.

@niki172  So frustrating. I see so many gatherings where I live and it makes me very angry. The area I live in is under watch again so we have restrictions again. But no one follows it. I don’t understand. I was sick 2 weeks ago and stayed home from work (I work in health care) and my work was mad at me and was harassing me to come back to work. It was very frustrating. The day I felt sick I went and got tested right away so it wasn’t like I was prolonging it. My results came back negative which I expected. I have a 2 year old that goes to daycare so I figured it was a cold but I didn’t want to risk infecting anyone. I don’t get why people won’t take this seriously. 

@ather well at my place of work we have people that say they are "sick" just to collect the free 2 weeks vacation basically. They'll claim to have a fever and then drag their feet to get a test all the while staying home and getting paid. Now we have had people that have had to stay home from either having Covid or being in close quarters with someone that is ill and have been forced to quarantine. However the people I am singling out are habitual offenders of calling off/being late before all of this happened. If you really thought you have this horrible virus WHY would you drag you feet 3-5 days before getting tested? Thankfully where I live testing is readily available (I was able to get tested within 30 minutes of talking to my doctor and that includes drive time) so this is no excuse. It's just nuts. I'm so sorry that your place of work is harassing you - especially with you being in the medical field that's ridiculous. When I went to get tested it was a drive thru and these poor nurses/CNA's were in this 85% completed metal lean to with a port-a-potty out in the elements (it was around 25 degrees). I told the poor girl giving me my test that I was so sorry and she told me that the hospital (which is a very wealthy hospital mind you) had furnished them with 3 space heaters and none of them work plus she said it's impossible to wear a coat under the safety coverings they are required to wear. It's insane - you can have a big ol' sign out front saying thank you to all your workers calling them heroes yet you can't even given them space heaters to try and keep them comfortable in harsh weather climates SMDH. 

@niki172  😑. I have no words except that I’m sorry you’re so stressed and concerned as a result of the irresponsible actions of others. (Oh here come words)  I completely understand your anger though don’t direst it all at your SIL cause your brother too attended a family gathering knowing full well a family member wasn’t feeling well.  I don’t know about others but everytime I hear a cough or sneeze now I jump and spray Lysol and assume the worst. 
Ha, my mind is coming up with words now but it’s a rant that I’m sure everyone has heard by now . I hope SIL is breathing alright so the baby isn’t oxygen deprived.  
Aw sorry to hear his about his tummy problems.  Poor little guy.  Three days til the vet comes back?  Just some advice- don’t go longer than two without him holding anything down.  Go to an animal hospital if he can’t keep food down for two days.  Without  food  a cat will develop fatty liver.  Hopefully you don’t need that advice and he eats fine for the next few days. 

And oh my gosh,  I’m so sorry even your pick me ups aren’t working out.  Like come on, even your lipstick orders?, dang.  I hope they’re able to replace it.  Fingers crossed cause lipstick is a much needed little slice of happiness.  

Thank you @heartsmyface he eats, but it's kind of in spurts so he's on a medication to make him eat. So far he's doing okay so we'll see what happens. I'm just glad he got thru the period where his vet wasn't there. He's my grumpy old man, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

@niki172 Yikes on bikes, what a  mess! Hopefully everyone will be ok! I really hope the best for your baby ❤️ 

@Samtian thank you - she's on the mend and my brother said the baby is doing fine. I *think* she gets a checkup at the OB when she tests negative. That's all that really matters here is people not being put in harm's way for no good reason.

So sorry to hear it all @niki172 , It has been spread so much and still so ,any peo0,e aren’t taking it seriously. It is like if it didn’t happen to me , it is t real. I feel so bad for your brother and his kids, what an unfortunate decision she has made. I hope she recovers without spreading it to anyone else and her unborn child stays safe too.

Thank you @fatimamummy she's starting to feel better and my brother and their son are doing well. At least she called my Mom to apologize and said she felt absolutely horrible about being around her. I guess her sister is super mad at her, but since she's an in-law I'm keeping my mouth shut (her sister is 100% correct here though).

Oh @niki172 I am so sorry. Some people are just not taking this seriously. I hope no one else ends up sick. Waiting for test results is very hard. Are you feeling sick? Have you been tested?

I'm sorry about your fur baby. I hope he ends up okay.

@sprocketta my brother's test results came back negative, but I started not feeling well so I was just tested about 30 minutes ago. To be fair the weather is playing the yo-yo game and this could honestly be just allergies. My Dr wanted to be safe so she ordered the test. We'll see what happens I guess there's nothing that I can do but feel like crud 🥴.

Thank you for the well wishes for my fur baby. He's thrown up a couple of times so I have other medicine I need to give him. I hope claw marks are fashionable this time of the year 😂.

@niki172 I am unhappy to hear you are not feeling well. I hope it is not covid and just allergies.

testing