Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@sprocketta thank you. Even though I work from home I can still qualify for 2 weeks paid leave if I do get sick so that's good. I hope these 5 days go quickly.

@niki172   Oh my gosh.  Have you received your test results yet?  The waiting is so draining.  I hope you’re doing alright.  

@heartsmyface yup and I'm negative and I have sinus infection that is turning into bronchitis which is what I thought I had all along. So I have my antibiotics, cough medicine, and prednisone (ugh) all ready to go! Hopefully I'll get over this sooner rather than later as I caught the bronchitis part early.

@niki172 I'm so sorry, waiting for test results is stressful. I sincerely hope no one else in your family has caught it.

@pocketvenus thank you. I really hope so too because it could mean hospitalization for 2 family members specifically due to their health 😓

@niki172 - OMG!  I don't know what to say!  I'm so sorry you're going through such a stressful time due to one person's stupidity!  Best wishes that you and the rest of your family are COVID free.  I'm also sorry your Chanal package disappeared.  Hopefully one or both packages will show up soon!  (((HUG)))

Thank you @Titian06 . The Chanel package is trivial, but it's one of those days when things pile on. I don't know what I'm going to do if she got my Mom or husband sick. I'm absolutely livid. 

@niki172 @Oh no! That all sounds really stressful!!!! I’m sorry your SIL did that - unfortunately some people just don’t believe there’s a problem until it happens to them! I’m sorry about your package as well - it’s so small but sometimes you just want something to make yourself feel better, not more stress 

@Kim888 thank you. I don't think my parents took this as serious as it is and now it's literally at their front door. Before this we only knew 1 person who had Covid and they worked in New York so you know far away "this isn't happening here" kind of a thing.

First: my deepest condolences to those of you who’ve lost loved ones this year, be they human or animal. ❤️I kinda feel like a jerk because I've avoided popping back into this thread to protect myself from my own anxiety disorder, instead of trying to offer any support to any of you here. Just know that I'm thinking of and feeling for each of you, more than you know. Well, "more than you know" unless you happen to be an empath (in psychological terms, aka an hsp—highly sensitive person) like me, in which case: holy crap, this year is 100% kicking the snot out of us, right? When I say I wish I could hug everyone in person (were we not in pandemic times), I mean it. 

I recently and unexpectedly lost an aunt, and I’m still kinda halfway in that numb “gonna wake up from this bad dream” mode about it. I scrolled through some of my old photos from cruises and one of her popped up, and I had a total meltdown. Like, slumped face-down on the floor bawling. I can’t even write this without crying while simultaneously thinking but it’s just a bad dream and I’ll wake up soon because nope, bleep this year for taking so much away from me and my family, and for taking away from each of you in this thread. I hate this year so much, I’m only half kidding each time I tell folks I still hope for that apocalypse I was supposed to get for my birthday in 2012 (remember when folks thought the world would end on 12/21/12? Haha, yeah...). I push through all this anger and sorrow, rationalize and shove it “away,” out of mental sight, where it joins an ever-growing pile of angst somewhere I can ignore it until its arm strikes out and grabs my ankle. I am so not okay. My therapist and I will have lots to discuss next time we meet. 

On a positive note: I think we’re really honest like seriously finally in official fall weather mode in Chicago—no more surprise summer weeks til April or May—and I hope folks around town who still refuse to wear a mask in public will soon realize the benefit of something conveniently keeping their faces warm outdoors. So much better than trying to keep a bulky neck scarf wrapped around your face! Plus, with a filter inserted in my masks, I can breathe much more easily when walking directly into strong winds! I’ve never been so excited for subzero weather to arrive! 🤣 

What else can I ramble about… another covid case was reported in my building this month. I think that’s case number 5 so far. Illinois as a whole is, of course, spiking in cases like many other parts of the country. This makes me even more anxious about people traveling for the holidays. I hate flying out of O’Hare in general, so I sure as heck wouldn’t wanna be there during a pandemic, but clearly that’s just me. I did hear that traffic at both airports is much lower than usual (thank goodness) but man, if I see one more interview with a traveler at O’Hare or Midway saying crap like “WoW tHeRe ArE mOrE pEoPlE hErE tHaN i ExPeCtEd,” wondering why all those people are at the airport—when, um, they are also at the airport 🤦‍♀️—I’m gonna flip a table. Don’t get me wrong: some people do have to travel for essential work purposes or medical emergencies/aftercare, but c’mon man. 

This winter’s going to be particularly rough in big cities where most of us rely on public transit to get anywhere we can’t easily walk to. CTA buses have returned to passenger limits: if the driver sees no empty rows on their bus, they run express until enough people get off the bus. Considering how many people normally cram into buses during winter, this is gonna be… interesting. I don’t even wanna think about what the el will be like, or how (if at all) CTA workers will enforce passenger limits on those trains. There’s gonna be a whole lotta cranky (eh, crankier) people here soon. 

Y’all stay safe, stay put unless travel is absolutely necessary, and stay sane—even if sanity comes only in the form of “it’s almost December, this crap year’s almost over, things HAVE to improve next year.” Yeah, I realize covid won’t magically disappear on NYE but, eh, just work with me here. IT WILL GET BETTER. Holidays suck without loved ones nearby (I'm in that boat too: all my immediate family members live many states away and I have no close family in town) but just imagine how wonderful it'll be to see them in person again when it's safe to do so. 💚

@WinglessOne  Virtual hugs 🤗 I feel you when I say that I wish I could give you and everyone else the biggest hug ever. I’m so sorry to hear about your aunt. I have this running joke with one of the doctors I work with that on January 1st everything will just disappear and be better. Pretty sure she thinks I’m crazy for saying it but it least it makes her laugh!! I know covid won’t disappear on January 1st but it gives a little hope I guess. I definitely wish I could visit friends and family but there’s no way I am going on a plane. 

@WinglessOne   Big hugs love.  I’m so sorry about your aunt.  It’s so hard to process things while isolated from  everyone and way too easy to pretend as though they’re still there and you’re just not seeing them cause you’re not seeing anyone- and then it hits and hits hard... and then you’re fine.. and then you’re not...and then you think you might be again?  Ha, (insert expletive here).  You’re not a jerk.  As wonderful as this thread is, i find I have to mentally brace myself and be in a healthy/ish/er mental state to come in and chat.     Yeah we’ve had the snot kicked right out.   There’s no more snot!  HEAR THAT 2020? NO MORE SNOT!  GO AWAY AND LEAVE US ALONE!   

I laughed at the face warming benefits of face masks!  Way to look on the bright side!  No more frozen shut nostrils!  They’ll now start making cozy cashmere ones! 😊

Here’s another big hug!  

I am so sorry for your loss @WinglessOne , There is always light at the end of tunnel so let’s hope the tunnel ends soon and we all make it safely to it’s end. 

@fatimamummy   How long is this tunnel?  Did we pack enough snacks?  

@heartsmyface  No idea, I was just trying to be philosophical 🧐 

0121CB57-2C9F-4E2A-BC3F-FBC38B7C851F.gif

@WinglessOne I am so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain on not seeing loved ones and concerns about the immunocompromised. My sister is on dialysis and I worry so much about her getting sick.

Hearing about Chicago is very strange for me having left a year ago. I can't imagine riding public transportation now, especially thinking about the mad crush of people there used to be on the busses and trains.

I'm glad you checked in and we heard from you. Very scary there are 5 cases in your building. Stay safe and healthy. I lived a block from the lake and a mask on the face in the wind would have been helpful .

Take care of yourself.

@WinglessOne I am so, so sorry your aunt passed away 😞 The losses keep piling up. Please take care of yourself, be gentle and patient, keep reaching out virtually if you can ❤️ We will be thinking of you and sending positive, healing vibes. Keep staying safe!! xo

@WinglessOne ,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt.

I really hear you!  Take good care of yourself!

@WinglessOne I'm sorry to hear about your aunt! I'm thinking of you and your family. 

You totally shouldn't feel bad about not coming on to the thread - it's such a hard time for everyone, especially with it getting dark earlier and lock downs happening again -  sometimes you just have to protect your own mental health 

@WinglessOne @I’m so sorry about your Aunt. This year has really sucked so bad and I feel

like it’s never going to end.

I feel so bad for my kids who are still very young and don’t understand what is going on. They can’t play outside with their friends and have a hard time keeping the masks on. They can’t have a normal childhood and it’s depressing. 

@WinglessOne Please accept my condolences for your aunt.  Thinking of you and yours!  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

testing