Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@niki172 @Aw sorry to hear about your kitty.   My Koneko is dying at home right now.  We took her to the animal hospital two nights ago where we had to drop her by the front door and were made to wait in the parking lot for an hour.  They ended up keeping her overnight to do X-rays bloodwork and rehydrate her and called us to come get her yesterday cause the dialysis wasn’t working.  They weren’t sure she’d make it long enough for us to pick her up.  
They won’t do in home cat hospice care now so we’re doing it by ourselves.  

@heartsmyface ,

I'm so sorry.  Koneko is so beautiful!  I appreciate what you are going through and what you are doing for Koneko.  My 17 year-old kitty died 4 years ago, at this time of year, and about 2 weeks later my 10 year old kitty died suddenly, in the Vet's office (asthma, followed by a heart attack.)  I have to think that Koneko would rather be with you than anywhere at this time.  I'm sure that you feel blessed to have had Koneko for these years.

One person can go in with a pet at our Vet since March.  I didn't know how grateful we should be for that.

In another way, I'm grateful that our Vet's office seems to be doing their best to make it a safer place for us to go with our pets in this pandemic.

@heartsmyface I am so very sorry about Koneko. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. I hope she is peaceful and I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

@niki172  She’s weak and has been sleeping a lot. We’ve been taking shifts cuddling her so she isn’t alone and keeping the floors and room heated.  She’s safe and loved with all her favorite socks.    We’re going to let her go at her own volition where she’s in familiar surroundings.    We’ve been weepy  but she’s 17 and has lived a full life so we’re trying to focus on that.  

C2A5777E-7AA7-4999-8AC2-60F5F2983AC1.jpeg

@heartsmyface she's so beautiful. Simba was 17 when he passed as well - it is a very full life for a kitty. You and your family are giving her such a lovely gift be being with her and giving her a warm and comforting surrounding. It sounds so very peaceful and serene - we should all be so lucky ❤️.

@niki172  Aww I’m so sorry about Simba.  Its not easy no matter how well lived they are, though when kitties make it that long it means they’ve been loved well.  
Koneko passed this afternoon in my sons arms.  She’ll be greatly missed but we’re relieved she’s not suffering and happy to have had her as part of the family.  We’re very fortunate to have been able to be home with her to take care of her ourselves. She didn’t want to go and fought it even when it was time so I’m sure we made the right decision to have her come home.    

@heartsmyface - I'm sorry to read that Koneko is not doing well!  Best wishes in her care!  (((HUG)))

@Titian06 Thank you.   She’a the sweetest kitty (unless you’re another cat....or a bird).  She’s always had this way of knowing just when you needed love and hop up for a quick cuddle and is the best secret keeper for the low price of chicken treats.  My poor baby girl... well old lady since she’s 84 in cat years. 

@niki172 @sprocketta That's horrible you guys can't go into the vets! I went daily when Bandit was in, twice a day. I was also the only person wearing a mask. 

Wow @Samtian  really? They wouldn't even let me use the bathroom after waiting a couple hours while Joy was having tests. They sent me to the Hardee's across the street. I have a friend in IL whose dog went through surgery and radiation. The specialty vet was an hour away so she would easily wait 2 hours daily during radiation.

@sprocketta Yep! That is so rough I couldn't imagine doing that. They even let me come in on Sunday when they were closed. 

@niki172 I've had to take my dog to the vet a few times this year while sick and it was so difficult sitting in the car and waiting for over an hour to know if she was going to be okay.

@sprocketta I know exactly what you mean. I've had several 1-2+ hour waits in the car. I can't stand it. Before I'd come in the room and get him out of his carrier and hold him and let him look out the windows. Now they just keep him in his carrier until the vet gets to him and  I HATE it.

@Samtian I was told if my eldest needed to cross the Rainbow Bridge during this time that it would either a) be done outside (WTF with a cat during cold weather?!?!?!?) or b) indoors, but I couldn't be with him (over my dead body). I accosted my vet about this and she told me they would "work something out." It's pure madness. I think there are areas where paranoia has taken over where compassion should be.

@niki172 Oh I would be throwing fists! I'd also find a new vet. If it has to come to that unfortunate thing, do you have a local humane society near? Ours does that as well. 

@Samtian I've been with this vet for years plus she has told me he's hard to get a line on and I don't want him to suffer since she knows where his veins are. I'd figure something out. He has stomach issues plus being a senior cat it wasn't and still isn't out of the realm of possibility (hopefully we'll still have a few more birthdays, but you never know). Trust me as an Italian/German it would take me zero time to hit the roof and get it handled.

@niki172 good! I hope you guys have many more birthdays too!

@pocketvenus I'm sorry you're going into a lockdown. I can only imagine the rush to get supplies. It happened here and it was nuts! I hope things open up to a better outside and hopefully you'll be back to meeting new friends again. I also work from home so the only person I really see is my husband also unless I go to the doctor. It's sad it's like going out to the doctor is a major event. One of these days I may show up to an appointment in an evening gown just for the heck of it. Maybe see if I can find my tiara from my wedding.....

@niki172 It's okay, we can still buy essentials like groceries, home repair stuff and so on. Apparently though, even though these places will remain open, it has not stopped people from flooding grocery stores to stock up on essentials?? LOL whyyyyy

And I know what you mean about seeing non-friends more than friends. Very weird!!

I have definitely made some fun sartorial and makeup decisions since the lockdown 🙂 I also just started cutting my own hair because whatever it will grow back 😛

@pocketvenus i hear you about appearance decisions. I pierced my nose and tinted my hair pink. Even when I do go back which is end of January at the earliest, we will be wearing masks. My sister who is conservative dyed her hair a much brighter pink. Only chance we've got for like the next 40 years so go for it.

@sprocketta I love it! Carpe diem 🙂

@pocketvenus the lines to get into the store were crazy when we went on lockdown with people lining up an hour before the store opened - think black Friday, but make it TP related. It was like Target had turned into Maui or something - a little oasis for everyone.

You are much braver than I when it comes to cutting hair. If push came to shove I'd just shave it as I don't think whatever I would do to my hair would be salvageable for my stylist 😅 (I have 3 layers in my hair and I don't think I could even cut a straight line).

testing