Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Sunnysmom  Thank you hon. They should close up everything, it would be the smartest thing, but who knows what or who really is behind all this. 

@Anastasiya13 - Congratulations on your 10th anniversary!  I'm sorry your celebration plans were ruined.  It certainly doesn't make sense to shut down/restrict one county when the one next door is open.  It's not going to control the the spread of COVID.  It needs to be state-wide or not at all.  Hopefully your governor will figure that out sooner rather than later.  Best wishes!

@Titian06  Thank you. I agree, especially considering this was done already, and obviously it did not help. I feel like its just a repeat of the first time. Hopefully they realize this, and close down everything to get stuff under control. 

@Anastasiya13 I'm so sorry your celebratory plans were canceled I would be totally upset too. I understand your frustration with the counties around LA being open for business also - it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They did that here where I live and my two salons that I go to just happened to be less than a mile inside the county line so they were shut down an extra 2 months vs the county I live in. I hope that you can find something lovely to still celebrate your anniversary. Maybe a really nice splurge worthy indoor picnic or outside if you have a firepit? That would be really nice and cozy. I know it's not Catalina island, but it would be just the 2 of you in a relaxed setting AND no people around. Sending you a (((hug))).

@niki172  Thank you. We cant do that either since neither one of us live alone. I agree, it really does not make a lot of sense, other then that he has a winery in another county that he does not want to close. I guess that's what makes me more frustrated. Oh wow, that must have been really hard for the salons. Hopefully people realize that this virus is serious, and more will comply with the mask rules, and hand washing and what not, so that numbers can go down. ❤️

@Anastasiya13 Sorry to hear about things not working out. I heard it’s going to be like this for us for the next 3 weeks. I’m shocked every time I go out how many people are still dining out and not practicing social distancing in LA and Orange County.  I feel like they cram people so close together from what I have seen.  I’m in LA county as well.

@SportyGirly125  Thank you. Yes, definitely for at least 3 weeks, but honestly he should do it to all of California, because they already did this type of thing, and obviously closing one part at a time does not help, since its so easy to drive for people. I agree with you, I had dined out a couple of times, but I honestly yelp the spot first to see how they are set up, and most other times I just do take out or delivery if I really want something. I have seen spots on Ventura Blvd which seemed way too crowded, and people waiting in lines without social distancing. 

Toronto and Peel region, just west of Toronto, will be entering lockdown on Monday. In a kind of ridic move, York region just north of Toronto will not be locked down. This means many Torontonians will make the like, 20 minute drive north to get all their shopping and services done but also, perhaps more critically, they'll be seeing family members indoors for prolonged periods of time, spreading covid around... I know plenty of people, including myself, who live in Toronto but have family in York region.

Hubs and I are lucky enough to be able to work from home so honestly, the lockdown doesn't make a difference to our daily lives. We haven't been going inside other people's houses, only shop for essentials, and so on. Thankfully my family has agreed to do the holidays virtually this year though we might do gift drop offs like... curbside pickups. Sounds sad but it's much, much better than having Toronto's hospitals break down like they have in other cities. I don't want to have some kind of medical anything while hospital staff are overwhelmed, doing war-time style triage and melting down. I keep telling people if they don't want to be intubated by a dermatologist or psychiatrist who did that procedure yearssssss ago in medical school, maybe think about passing on those indoor holiday gatherings. At least, this is the emergency plan my sister's hospital has in place for when the numbers climb too high and staffing gets pressed.

When I think that the only person I've touched since March is my husband, it feels really, really weird. It's not just the significantly reduced contact with family and friends that's surreal. I can count on one hand the number of new people I've met this entire time. I used to make new friends and contacts all the time because I volunteer a LOT and because I'm pretty open to getting to know new people. In a city, you're always running into new people whether it's the same rush line to see a movie, or you're in the same art exhibit opening, or the same night club. Now, it's like, don't talk to strangers ever 😮 Doing okay with it though, and feeling lucky I have remote work and good internet.

@pocketvenus  Stay safe. Vital hugs!!! 

@ather Thank you <333

@pocketvenus my sister lives in WI near the IL border and their mask mandate was shot down by the courts. IL has a mask mandate and many people would cross the border to shop in WI to avoid wearing a mask. It's a shame that opportunity is there. It makes me sad that people go to extra lengths to avoid something so simple that just keeps people safe. 

I'm glad you're continuing to do okay so far though. When toilet paper was in short supply I remember buying some for a friend but her husband was coughing so when he came by I put it outside the door before he got out of his car and walked up the stairs. He said it was like a drug deal. It's been a tough year.

@sprocketta oh man, yeah, we're probably going to see people leaving their areas to access certain goods and services in a bunch of places but to do that to not wear a mask is a bit mind blowing. I read an article about how in the 1918 flu pandemic, Americans also had an anti-mask crowd though it seems it was not nearly as serious or as partisan an issue as today. Also, in what isn't a huge surprize, the cities that dropped the mask wearing too quick had huge spikes.  

@pocketvenus Wow. It's so crazy and weird how different everywhere is treating this. My state will never enter a lock down. Some areas are starting mandatory masks, but not really enforcing them again either. And people in my area do what they want who care's about anyone else, this thing isn't real anyways. I'm so glad you and your husband have been getting through it together well. 

@Samtian  That is how my state is too. They aren’t enforcing mask mandates and people are acting like it’s no big deal. 

@faeriegirl Yep 😕 it was all supposed to go away with the election...awkward lol. I haven't seen any of those people speak up yet haha. 

@Samtian @faeriegirl Yikes, stay safe! 😷

@Samtian I know! I just read British Columbia just started mandating masks for indoors retail and spaces and I was like 🙀 mind explode emoji x10

Thank you, we really appreciate the extra time together. I used to get up extra quiet in the morning, do my routine and leave for work before he'd wake up but now we wake up together 🙂

@pocketvenus To be fair we’ve been acting as though a mask mandate has been in place this whole time.  There haven’t been mask mandates but most businesses have had mask policies in place anyway.  The only difference now is that we can be arrested for not wearing a mask in public.  

@heartsmyface That's great people were voluntarily choosing to wear masks. In Toronto, even with the policies in place, most people were not compliant at first. But arrest is very extreme, that goes on someone's record 😞

@pocketvenus Our stores are allowed to decide what their mask policy is. We just saw a debate yesterday about a lady who refuses to go into a local bakery store to get her bagels because they require a mask. So she was looking for somewhere else to go. Its only for a few minutes and you help your community out jeez. 

I'm in the Midwest and we've had mask mandates that have been enforced by the stores for months now. I didn't know there were still states that didn't enforce mask mandates. I'm still upset that I can't go into the vet's office with my senior cat even though I'm pretty much quarantined and wear a mask. Every time we go he gets mad at me so he poops in his carrier that or vomits on the ride home. Plus the vet knows all of this it's just slightly maddening as people are going nuts when it comes to buying stuff like Tide again. I don't live near a river where I can beat my clothes against a rock.

testing