Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Samtian have you tried Cornhushers lotion for your hands? There's also a company called Dukes that makes a balm that I put on my husband's hands. They are cracking and bleeding from all the hand washing. I know Ulta sells a pretty cheaper (but decent) pair of spa gloves. I have him put the lotion/balm on and then those gloves at night when he goes to sleep.

@niki172 I've never heard of it, I'm going to look them up, thanks!

@Samtian about your job that doesn't sound legal! I thought the stimulus package included sick time for workers who come down with covid. I know they rushed you back. I'm sorry.

@sprocketta Its funny because work had one couple, who didn't test, stay home for almost a whole month with pay. I'm like hmm...ok haha. 

@Samtian ,

I don't know how they can not pay you to stay home if you have COVID!  Outrageous!  I hope that will change soon.  I don't understand any employers who seem to encourage sick people to come in to work anytime, pandemic or not!  Whatever you do, keep trying to protect yourself, even though you already had COVID once.

@tsavorite The beauty of a right to work state. This whole time they've definitely made it seem like the only people they actually care about are those who aren't  in the factories working. I definitely am trying, unfortunately every where I go I am one of the few in a mask. 

@Samtian ,

I wish that people in the food production industries were treated more fairly.  In the end, this affects all of us.  

You need to be given more respect and protection.   

@tsavorite Thank you! I agree, but it is what it is. I don't see any attitude changes coming anytime soon. 

Another update. My office pushed our return date back to January 25th at the earliest. Management kept thinking the return was going to be the previously set date of today but it was pushed out. I'm happy about this, but...

I'm not going home for the holidays. At all. This is sad but I'm doing my best to deal with it. My best friend down here invited me to her house for Thanksgiving, which I am very excited about. I bought myself a little 3 foot tree from Target and looked in store and decided to get a full 6 foot prelit tree which I pick up curbside tomorrow. I know it's early, but I'll probably put it up this weekend. I saw one of my neighbors has theirs up and a friend of mine told me she has hers up early (as do her sister and mom) because the world needs some extra cheer.

Speaking of cheer, I realized today that I could get my nose pierced again. I had it done on my 18th birthday (2002) and took it out when I graduated college and got an office job. My mom mentioned it a couple weeks ago and I called a piercer to see if it would be healed enough to take out on work days when I go back and they said no so I wrote it off. Amusingly enough, I was talking to my therapist today and she pointed out that I'll be wearing a mask around other people at work. Which is 100% true and I had it done tonight. This is the happiest moment of 2020 for me.

20201109_183258.jpg

@sprocketta ,

I'm glad that you found some things to pick up your spirits!   Keep it up!   I think that you definitely made the best choice about not going home to your parents for the Holidays!  I know that it's hard, but necessary.

@tsavorite it is painful but it's for the best. I also bought some overtone coloring conditioner to give my hair a pink tint. I'm going to use it Saturday after a haircut.

The stud looks great @sprocketta !  

Thanks @missjeanie i really wanted a ring but it has to heal for a couple months first. It's certainly different. I keep wanting to pick my nose. 😂

Its so cute!! @sprocketta 

Thanks @lmaster I really wanted a ring but they said it needs to heal for 2-3 months first.

@sprocketta - I'm glad you're feeling better and you finally made a decision about your holidays.  Congratulations on your Christmas tree and piercing!  💖💖💖

Thanks @Titian06 I am over the moon happy about my piercing and planning to pick up the tree today. The funny thing is last night my mom asked me what the piercer said to take for pain and if I should ice for swelling. I told her she didn't say anything about painkillers and I didn't think icing and putting pressure on the piercing was a good idea. I am highly amused but honestly she has no perspective about body piercings.

@sprocketta  Ahhh that’s so exciting!!! I love your new piercing! You aren’t allowed to have one at work? 

@ather I work for a bank, so no. I looked up the appearance policy today and the wording was something like, "Visible piercings aside from ears are very unprofessional and not allowed." Small visible tattoos are apparently okay depending on subject matter. I don't interact with customers. Management is just conservative. When i do go back it's for a week there, a week home, and so on. I'm going to buy a clear retainer for the piercing for the days I'm back. I don't want to have sometime spot it and out me. But the only time the mask would be off would be if I was at my cube and no one within 6 feet. The company is moving to a different office in December so I will see how the cube setup is. I'm just so darn excited about this!

@sprocketta  Oh wow. I didn’t think companies were still that conservative. I’m glad your able to get a place holder!! That’s so exciting! I’ve had a nose ring for years and I often forget o have it. 

Congratulations on your nose piercing, @sprocketta!

testing