Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@sprocketta  Ahhh that’s so exciting!!! I love your new piercing! You aren’t allowed to have one at work? 

@ather I work for a bank, so no. I looked up the appearance policy today and the wording was something like, "Visible piercings aside from ears are very unprofessional and not allowed." Small visible tattoos are apparently okay depending on subject matter. I don't interact with customers. Management is just conservative. When i do go back it's for a week there, a week home, and so on. I'm going to buy a clear retainer for the piercing for the days I'm back. I don't want to have sometime spot it and out me. But the only time the mask would be off would be if I was at my cube and no one within 6 feet. The company is moving to a different office in December so I will see how the cube setup is. I'm just so darn excited about this!

@sprocketta  Oh wow. I didn’t think companies were still that conservative. I’m glad your able to get a place holder!! That’s so exciting! I’ve had a nose ring for years and I often forget o have it. 

Congratulations on your nose piercing, @sprocketta!

Thanks @curlychiquita I'm very happy about it!

@sprocketta @I feel like everyone’s decorating early this year! With being home so much might as well enjoy it !!

it does seem like it @Kim888 I think if I do this weekend it will be okay.

@sprocketta  I put my tree up Friday night. I have definitely been more cheerful since then. Your piercing looks great!

@faeriegirl I was going to pick it up tonight but went to get my nose pierced instead. This weekend on the tree for sure then. And thanks! I'm very excited about my nose piercing.

I’m feeling a little freaked out today. Unfortunately my roommate was exposed to someone with covid at work last week. We both went and got tested yesterday and the rapid tests came back negative but now she feels like she may be experiencing symptoms. We’re doing our best to socially distance in the apartment but we’ve already been around each other so I’m not sure how good that will be. 

Living in such a hot spot I suppose we are lucky we’ve made it this long without being exposed!  

@Kim888 That is so scary! Hopefully you guys stay negative and healthy!!

@Kim888 that's so scary!! I hope you don't get it 🤞

@niki172 @curlychiquita @faeriegirl @sprocketta @Sunnysmom @Titian06 @ather 

Thank you all for the concern!! Neither of us as developed any further symptoms and her 3 day test came back negative so hopefully that means we're all clear!

@Kim888 ,

That's such a relief!  I hope that you both continue to stay clear!

That's great news @Kim888 🤗

@Kim888 I swear that by the end of this thing that if you take a CT scan of my lungs you're going to see a fine coating of Lysol. I really hope that your roommate is okay and that you both are 100% Covid free. My husband has had similar scares like this at work were someone tells management they came into contact with someone with Covid (they're promptly sent home and their work area is extra fumigated for lack of a better turn). Everyone at his place of work has to wear masks and get a temperature check at the beginning of the work day, but you never know. This is so scary I hate it. You and your roommate are in my thoughts and I'm sending you a virtual ((((hug)))) hoping your roommate feels better soon. 

I hope you and your roommate don't get COVID, @Kim888! 💗

I’m sorry @Kim888, that is so stressful. I hope you both stay healthy!

@Kim888 I'm so sorry. It's hard to literally be living with that. I hope neither of you actually has covid. I am sending positive thoughts your way.

Oh so sorry to hear this @Kim888 . You’re doing your best to do what’s right it sounds like and hoping for the best for you guys. 💞

@Kim888 - I'm sorry to hear about this!  Keep positive thoughts!  Hopefully your roommate is overanalyzing how she's feeling.  I know that's what I would be doing!

testing