Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Aww man @Samtian my heart just hurts for you. I’ve been in your shoes a few times too and it’s just so tough. They love and trust us but also they know that we make the right decisions out of love also when we need to. Feels like never the right time when they look up at us with that trust I know but you did what you had to do for him . 😢He was well loved and you guys gave each other so much. Love all that these guys have said too!! 💞Hugs. 

@SamtianSorry for the loss of your pet,very hard to say goodbye to our furry family members.

@Samtian please do not feel guilty. I have been in your shoes before and what did was the ultimate act of love - you were being a good Mom. From what it sounds like Bandit was in pain and you helped to take that pain away in an act of pure love. I know it is so very hard to say goodbye, but he is in a much better place playing with Hyde in Heaven. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye just remember that since he is in Heaven you have a piece of Heaven in your heart now. Sending you a big virtual hug and I hope your head is okay ❤️.

@Samtian ,

I couldn't have said anything better than @niki172 said it here!  Please do not feel guilty.  I know what you are saying, I have felt it too, in similar circumstances, but the timing probably never feels right.  We are trying to save our beloved pets from suffering, so we don't wait until the suffering is much, much worse. Our pets love us unconditionally. Bandit will always love you and he knows that you love him.  I think that Fred and George Weasley were brought to your home for a reason. Try to give them, and Apollo, all the love and attention that you can.  They are a gift meant to help heal your heart.  I pray that Bandit is having a really fine time now, playing with his brother Hyde and the other kitties!

@tsavorite My mom said the same thing about Fred and George. I've lost both my oldest cats this year and she said that's why we probably got them, because someone knew. 

@Samtian  I am so sorry for your loss. Loosing a pet is so hard and Bandit was such a sweet kitty. I hope your head feels better too. My thoughts and prayers are with you right now. 

@Samtian @I’m so sorry for your loss! Those are some very lovely pictures of bandit 

I have not been on boards for a while. Last few weeks had been very tiring and hard. My MIL had been sick last month so my husband went back home (Pakistan) to see her and dealing alone with kids virtual schools and everything kept me on the toes. We had a big scare when three days before his return he started having very high fever. Luckily his COVID test came negative, it was only then they started running other tests to figure out what’s causing fever. I had to get his flight rescheduled because they won’t let you board with fever and he was in no form to travel. Anyways long story short it turned out to be bladder infection and took around 4 days after diagnosis for his fever to break and then his BP started dipping too low. 
He is a very healthy man and doesn’t have any health issues so it was all very unexpected. It all ended well though and he is fine and healthy and after repeated COVID test he just boarded his flight back home and will be here tomorrow.

This was all so scary I hardly slept fo many days. Now that he is safe and home bound I am thinking I deserve a beauty treat to makeup for all the worry and scare .

I hope you are all doing well. Living modified life with pandemic has almost become a norm but still it is exhausting.

Oh, wow, that's a lot, @fatimamummy. I'm glad your husband is getting better!

@fatimamummy  I’m glad everything is ok. It’s such a scary time right now. I feel like stress is so high and it’s getting so frustrating. It’s very hard times. 

@fatimamummy That is so scary! Glad he is ok.

@fatimamummy So glad he's feeling better and on his way home.  You absolutely deserve a beauty treat.  

@fatimamummy what a relief to know he is ok and will be home!! Stay positive,, hopefully not too much longer

@fatimamummy - I'm glad everything worked out for the positive and your family will be together soon!  I think a treat for yourself is well deserved!  💖💖💖

@fatimamummy Glad to hear he is feeling better and will be home soon.

@fatimamummy m

I'm glad that this is all turning out okay for you!  How stressful!  I hope that you can rest and recuperate!

The Sale is on!

@fatimamummy Glad to hear your husband will be returning soon and you'll all be together ❤️ Hang tight!

@fatimamummy @Glad to hear he’s doing better! That sounds really stressful though - it’s definitely hard know now every time  someone gets sick you worry ! 

So glad he is on his way back @fatimamummy! You definitely deserve a treat for yourself

Thank you @ShortErica !  Given how fast the curves are going up everywhere, I want us all to be together at one place.

Weekly update ha.- Me- I have been struggling a lot. It seems I'm going to be what they call a long hauler for covid. I went to the Dr because my chest and heart have been hurting a lot, could be stress but could be heart damage. I was negative for covid and the flu, and he didn't even mention my heart...lol ok. We have a history of heart disease in my Dad's side. I'll see my regular Dr. A lot has been happening with symptoms, Bandit, and other personal things it's definitely taken it's toll. I went over 48 hours with no sleep. Oh sorry I didn't respond to comments, this is sapping my energy and I'm trying to be quick so I can be with Bandit.

Bandit- Bandit's blood work was a lot better, some levels were even normal. He was able to have surgery today. Unfortunately it is cancer and it has spread too far they couldn't remove it all. It has also gone into his brain it appears, either that or pressure on the nervous system. We are still sending it off so I can at least know what kind of cancer he has. But it's only a matter of time before he passes. Weeks if I am lucky. I am currently choosing for him to go naturally, unless he gets into pain, tells me he is ready, or gets in too bad of a shape than I will take him in to be put down.  When that happens I'm going to post in the Pet thread with photos and our story. It's been 12 years of amazingness and I'm not ready. I can't even began to describe how much of the world he means to me, he is literally my world. I'm going to be spending as much time as I can with him so I'll be off for a while. I can't thank you all for your kindness, thoughts and prayers. It really does mean the world to me. 

testing