Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@fatimamummy @Glad to hear he’s doing better! That sounds really stressful though - it’s definitely hard know now every time  someone gets sick you worry ! 

So glad he is on his way back @fatimamummy! You definitely deserve a treat for yourself

Thank you @ShortErica !  Given how fast the curves are going up everywhere, I want us all to be together at one place.

Weekly update ha.- Me- I have been struggling a lot. It seems I'm going to be what they call a long hauler for covid. I went to the Dr because my chest and heart have been hurting a lot, could be stress but could be heart damage. I was negative for covid and the flu, and he didn't even mention my heart...lol ok. We have a history of heart disease in my Dad's side. I'll see my regular Dr. A lot has been happening with symptoms, Bandit, and other personal things it's definitely taken it's toll. I went over 48 hours with no sleep. Oh sorry I didn't respond to comments, this is sapping my energy and I'm trying to be quick so I can be with Bandit.

Bandit- Bandit's blood work was a lot better, some levels were even normal. He was able to have surgery today. Unfortunately it is cancer and it has spread too far they couldn't remove it all. It has also gone into his brain it appears, either that or pressure on the nervous system. We are still sending it off so I can at least know what kind of cancer he has. But it's only a matter of time before he passes. Weeks if I am lucky. I am currently choosing for him to go naturally, unless he gets into pain, tells me he is ready, or gets in too bad of a shape than I will take him in to be put down.  When that happens I'm going to post in the Pet thread with photos and our story. It's been 12 years of amazingness and I'm not ready. I can't even began to describe how much of the world he means to me, he is literally my world. I'm going to be spending as much time as I can with him so I'll be off for a while. I can't thank you all for your kindness, thoughts and prayers. It really does mean the world to me. 

@Samtian Sending you thoughts, hugs, and prayer.

I'm so sorry you are going through this and my heart is going out to you and bandit. sending you both a mental hug.

@Samtian Thinking of you ❤️

Oh no @Samtian I am so sorry you are struggling so much with your own health and Bandit’s . Sending you virtual hugs and keeping you in prayers.

@Samtian I'm sorry you've been struggling so much and now Bandit on top of everything. I'm sending you big hugs and good vibes. 

@Samtian  I am so very sorry about Bandit. Sending lots of love your way. I hope you can get some rest and can take care of yourself too. 

@Samtian I am so sorry to hear your latest news on both of you. I wish you had an advocate nearby, to ensure you get the right questions asked. It’s so difficult to do that when you are physically and mentally exhausted. You are in my thoughts and prayers 💗

Oh @Samtian ! I'm so sorry to hear this news. Please don't worry about responding, your updates are very much appreciated as so many of us are thinking of you during this dark time. Please do what you can to get more rest and take care of yourself. I hope your doctor is taking good care of you and that you're able to stay present with Bandit during this last stage in his life 💔 I hope he does not suffer too much, knowing that he is so loved by you. We are all hoping and wishing for your health to return swiftly ❤️

I know I won’t have the right words for you @Samtian but know my heart is hurting for both you and your dear Bandit. Pets are our life to so many of us, so we get it and we all want you healing and well. A day at a time. Hugs and prayers for you. 💞

Your update breaks my heart for you, @Samtian. ❤️ Take care of yourself and spend your time loving Bandit. Also, I hope your breathing and heart feel better soon.

@Samtian ,

I'm so sorry!  Take care of yourself and take care of Bandit.  You know that there are so many of us who care about you guys.  Many of us have been through similar situations and losses, it goes with the territory of having pets that we love and who love us.  You can talk to us and we will understand.  You both will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.  Love to Bandit!

@Samtian - I'm sorry to read that Bandit has such extensive cancer.  Just remember that he'll be waiting for you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.  Until then, spend as much time with him as you can--you both will benefit.  Your BIC friends are here whenever you need us.

@Samtian @I’m so sorry to hear it wasn’t good news for bandit! It’s always so hard to lose them, no matter how long you get it’s never enough. I hope you both have a peaceful time remaining  together 

@Samtian I'm so sorry about Bandit 😢 Spend all the time you need with him.  We will be here whenever you need us.  Get rest please.

Weekly update- I'm an emotional wreck spiraling even further downwards. 

Bandit- Bandit was supposed to have surgery this morning. The first time he had it blood work was never mentioned. This time I was filling out paperwork saw it and checked it. Vet calls 20 minutes later. He hears something in Bandits lungs. X-ray didn't look too bad. But Bandit has extremely bad blood work, he would not survive surgery. He has pancreatitis and kidney failure. They are keeping him and putting him on IVs. Check again Friday. I hope he pulls through and I get the loan I applied for. I'm a wreck right now so I'm stepping away for the time being.

@Samtian  I am so so sorry.  If you need to talk, please feel free to PM me. My cat had kidney disease and we were able to treat it for several years until he decided enough last year. ❤️ 

@Indy701 Thank you, I'm so sorry.

testing