Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@eshoe LOL that's so random!

Something went amiss somewhere @Kim888😉

HAha!  Guess this will be Eau De Dairy Barn.

@ragdoll4mom 

5159A378-A5B2-427A-9BA6-97597E0616F2.gif

Something like that😂

Weekly update time. Me- I'm feeling about 70-75 percent better. Had a few issues with work and stuff but it's all good. I'm not getting as dizzy as I used to. Though I am having slight chest pains. I really don't want to catch that thing again. Still no smell or taste, but I can kind of sense smells. Like when I spray body mist I can, ugh I don't know how to explain it. Like I knew there was a fire at work on another line like the smoke smell did something to me but I still didn't register a smell. And I had a sense Fred pooped in his carrier on the way to the vet, and he did haha poor guy. Maybe it's only really strong scents, but than again I don't get anything from body odor, who knows its weird. They estimate 1 in 30 people in Idaho are spreading the Covid. I'm far more diligent about mask use. I'd always wear it but sometimes I'd let it drop under my nose. Like at work. Teeth area is still an issue, slight numbness and pain, though the pain is in the upper area haha.

Bandit update- We took him back in for his check-up. The infection is gone and it looks a lot better. Unfortunately it appears to be a tumor so we are going back in for surgery next week. Since there isn't a lot of skin in the neck area, and he's already had it once, it will once again be left open to heal on it's own. It's a seriously rough thing to watch him go through. The tumor will be sent out to see if it is cancer or not. He's also still not really eating on his own. But he is acting like he is a lot better.

@Samtian Thanks for the update! So glad to hear Bandit and you are on a recovery path! I read the sense of smell can take awhile to return, like months, and it does so gradually. 

@pocketvenus Thank you! Ugh it sucks lol I miss smelling perfume. I've heard some get it back fast others not fast, and even worse some still waiting since march. Knowing my luck it'll be forever lol.

@Samtian Oh, I hope your sense of smell returns quickly! You're right, I looked up a study based in Italy and 55% reported a return of smell after 4 weeks! But of course, that means roughly half waited longer. I hope you are one of the shorter ones ❤️

@pocketvenus Thank you! I hope so!

@Samtian - I'm glad you and Bandit are feeling better!  Hopefully your sense of smell and taste will come back soon.  Best wishes to Bandit on his next surgery!

@Titian06 Thank you! I hope so too.

Thanks for the update, @Samtian! I've been keeping you in my thoughts. I'm so happy you're starting to feel better. Good luck with Bandit's second surgery!

@curlychiquita Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

@Samtian that's so great you are feeling better!! 💩 Omg I can't!! Girl 😆 I hope bandit can get better soon!! My daughter has to get a test done for .... Her teacher tested positive 🤦 then my youngest is in kindergarten and two kids,, not in his class,, tested positive.. so no kindergarten until Nov 2 and my daughter can't go back until she is cleared by the health department uughhghhhhhhhhhhh

@lmaster I hope she is able to get a rapid test, but I hear they only do that for people with symptoms. At least our local one does. It's way better than the other one haha. Trust me, I'm an expert :D. In all seriousness though I hope she is negative, your whole family. Thank you, I hope Bandit does get better soon, he's been my soulmate for over 12 years.

Glad to hear you keep feeling better @Samtian. I appreciate seeing your updates.

@ShortErica Thank you so much! It's a great feeling knowing that people actually care.

@sprocketta Hi again! My last reply here said how I was starting school. All was going well. The safety seems good, and people seemed to respect safety procedures... mostly. I’ve had a few teachers take their masks off for a minute, and when we line up to get in the school, social distancing isn’t really happening. I hoped for the best even though COVID cases are rising and schools have shut down. Two days ago I was informed that there is one case in my school. According to the message, I should keep going to school, because apparently no one else was exposed. I’m getting really anxious about it. I’m unsure whether I should continue going to school (my current schedule is going in a couple times a week), but I could switch to all virtual learning. I also don’t know if I being dramatic because there is only one case that we know of and I was almost definitely  not exposed. I’d love any sort of thoughts on this! You guys are so supportive and caring, which makes me feel really a part of something. Have a wonderful day! ❤️❤️❤️

@LilaMJ I don't have any great perspective for you. I'm not in school and don't have kids that are. I say be religious about your mask and bring your concerns to teachers if they're not wearing their own. They should be role models.

@LilaMJ my sons are in high school and have elected to stay all virtual for now.  But one of them is on an immunosuppressant for an autoimmune disease that already makes him immune-suppressed.  Do what you feel comfortable with!  If you wear your mask consistently I think you will be ok.

@LilaMJ Glad school is going well! Unfortunately there are so many asymptomatic carries who knows if you've been actually exposed or not. Go with your gut. But it spreads like wildfire. 

testing