Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@sprocketta Hi again! My last reply here said how I was starting school. All was going well. The safety seems good, and people seemed to respect safety procedures... mostly. I’ve had a few teachers take their masks off for a minute, and when we line up to get in the school, social distancing isn’t really happening. I hoped for the best even though COVID cases are rising and schools have shut down. Two days ago I was informed that there is one case in my school. According to the message, I should keep going to school, because apparently no one else was exposed. I’m getting really anxious about it. I’m unsure whether I should continue going to school (my current schedule is going in a couple times a week), but I could switch to all virtual learning. I also don’t know if I being dramatic because there is only one case that we know of and I was almost definitely  not exposed. I’d love any sort of thoughts on this! You guys are so supportive and caring, which makes me feel really a part of something. Have a wonderful day! ❤️❤️❤️

@LilaMJ I don't have any great perspective for you. I'm not in school and don't have kids that are. I say be religious about your mask and bring your concerns to teachers if they're not wearing their own. They should be role models.

@LilaMJ my sons are in high school and have elected to stay all virtual for now.  But one of them is on an immunosuppressant for an autoimmune disease that already makes him immune-suppressed.  Do what you feel comfortable with!  If you wear your mask consistently I think you will be ok.

@LilaMJ Glad school is going well! Unfortunately there are so many asymptomatic carries who knows if you've been actually exposed or not. Go with your gut. But it spreads like wildfire. 

Thank you so so much @Samtian @curlychiquita ❤️ I will keep you posted! Thank you so much for your reply, have an a,axing day 🙏

@LilaMJ Thank you! Definitely keep us updated, hope you have a great day to!

I swear it feels like I'm doing weekly updates, sorry haha. I think I mentioned this in another post, but honestly my brain is struggling. So I started to get some bad dental pain last week, while on the phone with the office my lip and chin actually started to go numb. You know that feeling when after a dentist visit and you have that tingly numbness wearing off feeling? Yeah that is how it was, just half of my lower lip and chin. Anyways turns out I have a pretty bad infection, so he pulled three teeth. Naturally not on the top like I've been working on to get dentures. But one of the infected ones was right at the nerve, so that's why the numbness. The infection spread into my neck, upper teeth, and towards my ear. That was Friday he pulled and i had to go back to work Sunday night. Each night got worse and worse, still trying to get over covid symptoms and the pain I haven't been able to sleep. I have been getting extremely dizzy and falling asleep during breaks. My brother enjoyed that cause he finally got a photo of me sleeping instead of the other way around haha. I couldn't take it anymore so I called in tonight. That puts me near max so I can't call in until next year. 

Bandit update- I took him to the vet today, made sure it was not the same one as before. The area that they cut is pretty thick right now. They aren't sure if it is because of him scratching it and messing up the tissue or if it is actually a tumor. We have some things we are going to try for a week and depending on that we will go from there. He currently has what they call a turtle neck on and he is not happy. But he liked being outside on the leash haha. We still struggle with eating, but we got him more pain meds and an anti-inflammatory to see if it helps him eat. 

@Samtian I just wanted to come back and check in on you. I hope you're doing better. 💗

@curlychiquita Thank you! Slowly but surely.

Just saw this @Samtian I surely am thinking about you and Bandit. Too much going on and I hope you both are doing ok. Hugs!

@Sunnysmom Thank you so much, we appreciate it. 

@Samtian ouuuuchhhh!!!! I really really hope you can catch a break very very soon,,,,I feel so bad with all you've been dealing with 💙

@lmaster Thank you! It's definitely been rough.

@Samtian  Oh, ouch! That sounds really painful. I hope you and Bandit start to feeling better soon.

@PrettyPaint Thank you so much!

@Samtian sorry you are going through all this. that really sucks. I hope better luck comes your and bandits way and you both are feeling better soon.

@WhereYouStand Thank you!

@Samtian ,

I think that you and Bandit have had more than your quota of problems!  I hope that all the best solutions are coming your way, for both of you!  If Bandit still has an infection in his neck,  that collar probably doesn't feel good at all.  I really hope that you both will feel better every day!

@tsavorite Thank you, I sure hope so., Right now he has a tube sock on.

@Samtian Thank you for the updates! An infection at this time is really rough. I hope this passes for you quickly and that you are able to properly rest soon to fight off the virus!! I wish employers would give more sick days given that it's a pandemic. Hope Bandit gets his appetite back too! Sending rapid healing vibes 

soon-soon-soon_1

@pocketvenus Thank you. I wish so too, 6 in a rolling 12 month period and then we are fired. 

1 Reply
testing