Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Samtian Oh no, that is a brutal sick leave policy 😞 In Canada there's a sick leave benefits program but more mandatory paid sick days would be far, far better to address situations like yours. I hope you are able to take it easy when you can. Glad your brother is with you. Hang in there!!

@Samtian - I am so sorry to read about your oral infection.  To have three teeth pulled on top of everything else you've been going through, things have got to be getting better for you soon!  Thanks for the update on Bandit!  

@Titian06 Haha I sure hope so! Thank you 🙂 Normally it takes me 7 days to recover from teeth pullings. And of course! Hopefully our next update is a good one!

@Samtian No need to reply me on the other thread 😉 Sending you and Bandit lots of love and prayers.  Hope both of you will recover quickly.  ❤️💖  You both go thru a whole lot 😞

@blackkitty2014 Thank you! Sorry if I missed your comment. I don't check BIC while I'm working, and then think I get caught up on the emails but I probably get them mixed up and miss some. 

Today was an unexpected pick me up. I am doing the Halloween exchange and was going to pick up an order from Ulta. There was a Sephora nearby and I have been meaning to return the PMG divinyl that was so unimpressive. I was past 30 days so it was store credit, in store only. So I shopped. And oh what fun it was. Things I noticed...it seemed like there were more employees than shoppers. Some testers were being used. Lip glosses had wands removed but lip bullets were swatchable as were all compacts. I felt like I was shopping on the moon, it felt so strange. But wow, I have missed it. Just being out and shopping in general. I went out yesterday too to look at seasonal stuff in stores but it wasn't nearly as enjoyable. I went to Ulta and grabbed my pickup and figured I shouldn't push my luck, but that was mostly because they didn't have more than a couple holiday sets out yet. I walked out with a Fenty gloss bomb and a Sephora lip lacquer in a beautiful red. No surprise there, sprocketta bought red lipstick. 😂😂😂

I had been putting it off and finally made the decision not to fly home for Thanksgiving. I moved to NC in December expecting I'd be home for Thanksgiving and Xmas. Everyone in my family, including myself, is immunocompromised. Going home for 2 holidays with the risks and exposure at airports doesn't make sense.

This will be the first holiday away from my family. I am hoping I can ask a friend to spend Thanksgiving with her and her family.

My heart is breaking over this.

Awwwwww!!! @sprocketta go with your instinct,, it's hard for sure, I just pray this won't be the case next year 🙏

I dont think you will be alone @sprocketta .  I have a feeling many families will celebrate the holidays quietly this year.  It's suck.  We just decline a Hawaii trip with free lodging in Nov too.  Too much to think about taking risk on the plane, and all the hassles we have to go thru pre-boarding.  I'll see you on this board this Thanksgiving.  Dont worry 😉

@sprocketta I hope you are able to spend it with your friend! It's such a great experience getting to spend holidays with friends and their families. I'd spend it with you but I'm a lot further than Chicago!

I hope your friend invites you over @sprocketta and maybe you can do Skype or something with your family so you can still talk and see them.

Thanks @ShortErica I bought her the Femmebot trio as a gift before coming to my realization about Thanksgiving. Hopefully giving her that helps the cause.

I’m so very sorry @sprocketta. That’s a big sacrifice you are making, but it is definitely admirable that you’re trying to protect everyone. 

Thanks @PrettyPaint Shopping for my ghoulfriend has been a pick me up.

I know how you feel, but it's the smartest thing to do, @sprocketta!

@curlychiquita I know. It just doesn't feel good right now. Shopping today helped cheer me up.

@sprocketta - Everyone is right!  It's better for you and your family that you stay home and not risk spreading COVID.  You can still call, Skype, or whatever method on the given day.  It will work out!  (((HUG)))

@Titian06 I know, I know. Thanks for the virtual hug. I'm lucky I get so much support on BIC.

@sprocketta   I’m so sorry you’re so heartbroken.  What a terrible decision to make. You’re doing the right thing for you and your family.  It hurts now but with the current environment it is the wisest decision.  
i hope someone is able to set an extra plate for her at dinner so she has people around her.   That would be a beautiful gesture.

We’re not really celebrating this year either.  Just going to hunker down with tacos or something. Waiting for the year to end.  I’ll be thankful when it’s over. 

@heartsmyface I feel crummy complaining given what you're going through, but it's really hitting me hard.

@sprocketta Awww don’t feel crummy over that- you’re already in a bad place.  No need to compare pain and heartache like that (Unless it’s a coping mechanism you find helpful).  Pain is pain. Your complaints are completely valid.  Missing family hurts and knowing they’re feeling lonely is a terrible feeling.   Hugs.  

1 Reply
testing