Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Health and Sanity Check-Ins

Things are crazy now. I think we are all trying to stay healthy and maintain sanity as well. I thought I would start this thread so folks can check in and discuss how they're doing. I want all my BIC friends to be okay. I will kick this off with a first post. Take care of yourself lovelies.

Re: Health and Sanity Check-Ins

@Samtian <333 For some reason I assumed Bandit is a dog - I hope your baby kittie gets an appetite back soon 🐈 xo

@Samtian I'm so sorry to hear about you and your dog Bandit not doing well. I've messaged someone before and they told me they had COVID and explained how it feels. I don't wish it on anyone. I am sending you nothing but positive vibes.

@rosegoldlovely Thank you, Bandit is my kitty lol I'm not a dog person. Covid for me was/is absolutely horrible. My line owner had it as well and she has COPD and Asthma and it effected her lungs, but that was the only symptom she had. I'm glad it didn't hit her worse. 

@Samtian  Oh no I’m so sorry. I hope your feeling better and I hope Bandit is ok. That’s horrible the vet isn’t returning your calls. 

@ather Thank you. We are trying to chug along, always something new popping up. I've given up on this being a good month and hoping for November already lol. 

@Samtian  Positive vibes for a better November 

Wow @Samtian I’m so sorry, you are really going through it and then add a vet issue. Hope you are getting an answer for the blood issue and that you continue to recover. I just hate that our pets can’t tell us what’s really going on. So frightening. Take good care. 💞

@Sunnysmom Thank you. Sounds like we have to just let him bleed. And do a warm compress every once in awhile to help it heal. 

I hope you and Bandit get better soon @Samtian!

@faeriegirl Thank you, me too haha.

@Samtian ,

I'm so glad to hear from you that you are doing mostly okay and are able to work again.  COVID is rough.  It's great that the kidney stone is gone.  Can you just put Bandit in the Cat Carrier and go to the Vet?  Show up?  Can you email them?  I feel for you, that was horrible!  Bandit should be able to get follow-up care!  Do you have any options of other Vets out there?  Good luck with this!  I wish you well with your recovery, too!

@tsavorite Thank you. If I wasn't working I could. We definitely want ot make sure we never use that vet again. Normally we have the other two not this new guy. And no Bandit will not go in his carrier lol. I usually have to force him and I can't right now until he heals.

@Samtian ,

I really hope that you and Bandit both feel much better soon!  I hope that his wound looks clean now and heals well.  Was it an abscess to begin with?  Sometimes they need follow-up care for the infection in the tissues if it doesn't clear up.

@tsavorite Sounds like it was just an infection in the first place. We've had plenty of abscess, ugh, and this one was way different. 

@Samtian ,

Do you think it was an infection that would have localized into an abscess in time?  I know it's important to get a cat on antibiotics as soon as you can when there is an infection.  We have prevented abscesses sometimes with antibiotics.  I'm sorry that Bandit, and you, had to go through this!  We have had too many experiences with cats, infections, abscesses and drains.  Two years ago there was a cat that would attack our cats in our front yard or backyard.  He was an incredible fighter.  

@tsavorite I honestly have no idea. I'm so sorry about your cats poor things. Bandit finished his antibiotics yesterday. I have been trying to give him liquid food and he's been drinking it a little. More than hes eaten in a while at least.

@Samtian ,

Thank you. That cat that was a fight club veteran moved away with his owners.  He wasn't neutered, so I don't think it was his fault that he was such a fighter.  I hope that Bandit continues to improve, but I also hope that you can keep his Vet, or a different Vet, informed about how he is doing, in case he needs a different antibiotic to help him through this. 

How are you doing?  I hope George is keeping you entertained and cheered.  He is so darn cute!

@Samtian - OMGosh!  You need a new vet!  To not talk to you at the clinic and not return your phone calls is totally unacceptable!

It sounds like you are on the road to recovery with COVID and the kidney stone.  Hopefully you'll be feeling yourself soon!  I also hope Bandit feels better soon too!

@Titian06 Thank you! Yeah I'm a lot better, like 55-65%. Normally we have another vet but this time we got this newer guy. Never use him again.

@Samtian That all sounds terrible. I'm thinking positive thoughts for you and for Bandit! 💗

@curlychiquita Thank you very much!

1 Reply
testing